PDA

View Full Version : Please help with TRP!

Zago
24-01-2009, 16:00
I am living & working in Russia for over 14 years. Is there any way out to receive TRP - temporary residence permit of RF without getting married to a Russian?

Surfsup37
24-01-2009, 18:16
If you live in Moscow, probably not. If you live outside Moscow, then I think you have a shot. The problem is that Moscow has a quota/lottery system, and the numbers are overwhelming.

I assume that there is a way to move yourself up the lottery system in Moscow, but I don't know anyone and I would not recommend it.

Good luck.

Zago
26-01-2009, 22:14
Thanks surfsup37. Does the quota/lottery is based on country of origin? My main question is whether or not I can apply for the TRP? The question of quota/lottery comes 2nd!!!

kimkiti
28-02-2009, 07:33
Thanks surfsup37. Does the quota/lottery is based on country of origin? My main question is whether or not I can apply for the TRP? The question of quota/lottery comes 2nd!!!
Zago,

I'm also in similar situation as yours, whether or not I can apply for the TRP! Do you have answer to your question? If so, maybe you can share with me.

Thank you.
Kim

mitam77
28-02-2009, 10:06
You do not need to be married to Russian National to apply for TRP.

Better to go for Moscow Region (as Moscow has small quota) as you will not need to apply for work permit to work and live in Moscow.

Send me PM for contact details of agents (they will NOT charge for any initial advise ,general info like time limits,docs needed etc etc)

moscowbni
28-02-2009, 10:44
You do not need to be married to Russian National to apply for TRP.

Better to go for Moscow Region (as Moscow has small quota) as you will not need to apply for work permit to work and live in Moscow.

Send me PM for contact details of agents (they will NOT charge for any initial advise ,general info like time limits,docs needed etc etc)

This is misleading. Your TRP is tied to a specific area. If you apply for TRP in the Moscow region, it is only good for the region and not Moscow. You will not be allowed to live or work in Moscow.

TRP allows you to stay in the apartment/area that you are registered in. It eliminates a need for getting a visa to stay in Russia. It does not allow you to live in a different area of Russia. It does not allow you to work without a work permit unless you are one of the visa free countries with agreements with Russia.

If you want to work legaly, the only way around this is the get Permenant Residency (eliminates the need for a work permit and visa), or to become an Individual Entrapuener (eliminates the need for a work permit) which you can do only if you have a TRP.

Sorry about the spelling, spell checker is on the blink

Remington
28-02-2009, 11:01
This is misleading. Your TRP is tied to a specific area. If you apply for TRP in the Moscow region, it is only good for the region and not Moscow. You will not be allowed to live or work in Moscow.

TRP allows you to stay in the apartment/area that you are registered in. It eliminates a need for getting a visa to stay in Russia. It does not allow you to live in a different area of Russia. It does not allow you to work without a work permit unless you are one of the visa free countries with agreements with Russia.

If you want to work legaly, the only way around this is the get Permenant Residency (eliminates the need for a work permit and visa), or to become an Individual Entrapuener (eliminates the need for a work permit) which you can do only if you have a TRP.

Sorry about the spelling, spell checker is on the blink

Also, teachers with TRP do not need work permit but they do need invitation from their school.

mitam77
28-02-2009, 13:10
3 of my staff were granted TRP in Moscow Region and happily working in Moscow and living in rented apartments in Moscow for the last 3 years - paying taxes and enjoying all facilities like healthcare etc. No questions have been raised by authorities at all so far

We were specifically informed that such reciprocal arrangements exist between Moscow City and Moscow region. I speak from personal experience and not info from websites etc.

tdn
28-02-2009, 13:27
I believe that during the first year is when you are under actual TRP and you can only work with work permit and the location is restricted. Then you get more permanent residency and there are less geographic restrictions.

Remington
01-03-2009, 04:03
3 of my staff were granted TRP in Moscow Region and happily working in Moscow and living in rented apartments in Moscow for the last 3 years - paying taxes and enjoying all facilities like healthcare etc. No questions have been raised by authorities at all so far

We were specifically informed that such reciprocal arrangements exist between Moscow City and Moscow region. I speak from personal experience and not info from websites etc.

Does your three staff have Russian spouse?

mitam77
01-03-2009, 09:58
2 of my staff got married during the last 6 months to NON Russian spouses.

Remington
01-03-2009, 14:27

How did they manage to get their landlords to agree to help them with TRP?

mitam77
01-03-2009, 15:48
The agency my staff used arranged all the necessary documentation with the Moscow Region landlords.

IGIT
02-03-2009, 17:02
you can apply but as said earlier, it will be based on the quota system.

Anna Sahakyan
22-04-2009, 17:40
yes you may apply, but as it was written above you will need to apply it on quota based system.
Russia has a quota for the number of temporary residence permits it issues every year. The quota for 2009 is 200345 and it is divided among the regions of the Federation. Moscow City is allowed just 1500. In comparison, the Moscow Oblast has 10000.
And quota and quota is not based on country of origin.

snowbars
22-04-2009, 17:59
I have helped a number of people for TRP over the last year

You many address any queries to me.

Bels
22-04-2009, 18:25
Also, teachers with TRP do not need work permit but they do need invitation from their school.

As already confirmed a teacher with TRP doesn't need any form of invitation. All they need is a work contract from an authorised. Those on visas need an invitation. as those with TRP already have the right to stay in Moscow. They need permission to get out of Russia, not in :)

And as agreed by a number of us here, it's best that those with TRP apply for their own work permits. Hence they have the freedom of not being tied to one employer.

Bels
22-04-2009, 18:29
2 of my staff got married during the last 6 months to NON Russian spouses.

So there is some evidence that there are some known to get TRP on the quota system? What nationality are they.

Bels
22-04-2009, 18:36
yes you may apply, but as it was written above you will need to apply it on quota based system.
Russia has a quota for the number of temporary residence permits it issues every year. The quota for 2009 is 200345 and it is divided among the regions of the Federation. Moscow City is allowed just 1500. In comparison, the Moscow Oblast has 10000.
And quota and quota is not based on country of origin.

Even so, I have not heard of a member western expat ever claiming that they got TRP on the quota. I've heard of them trying, but there appears to be no such claim on this forum. Unless there's a post I've missed somewhere. My guess is that the quota system goes to ex-soviets such as Ukranians, no matter what the law claims. I suppose that is obvious, as we westerners are probably only about 2% of all applicants. I was told I was the only Brit applying in Odentsova, in the Moscow oblast.

Anna Sahakyan
23-04-2009, 11:12
To Bels yes I also believe that most of quota based TRP is issued for CIS citizens. I have met only one western that has obtained quota based TRP himself, without help of agents.