PDA

View Full Version : VolgOgrad

Tasmania
24-01-2009, 13:35
Joking apart, getting the transliterated English spelling right is actually very important. When someone looks for the city name it will use that form which is regarded as the norm ... and in this case this norm is VolgOgrad and not VolgAgrad.

So I think that if this section of the website wants to enjoy success, somebody needs to change its name to VolgOgrad!

Cheers
Tas

robertmf
24-01-2009, 15:19
Joking apart, getting the transliterated English spelling right is actually very important. When someone looks for the city name it will use that form which is regarded as the norm ... and in this case this norm is VolgOgrad and not VolgAgrad.

So I think that if this section of the website wants to enjoy success, somebody needs to change its name to VolgOgrad!

Cheers
Tas
It's all part of the fun during off-time when we're not telling Irish jokes, you see?-PP :trampoline:

MickeyTong
24-01-2009, 15:29
I thought it was Vulvagrad

Qdos
24-01-2009, 17:55
I thought it was Vulvagrad

Maybe that's what Stalin saw in the city... so perhaps I should take a look around down there before my visa runs out LOL! ;)

privet2009
05-07-2009, 20:16
It is quite a nice city... safe... and people very friendly... cafe in central square frequented by local mafia... with beautiful waitresses.... but prices at that establishment reminiscent of Moscow.... I would like to go back sometime now it comes to mind... one of the nicer cities and much more preferable than NN for a visit imho...

Antiq
29-01-2010, 01:02
Well, one my Swedish friend called it "VOLVOgrad" - I was laughing all the evening long :)

Max77
29-01-2010, 10:46
It is quite a nice city... safe... and people very friendly... cafe in central square frequented by local mafia... with beautiful waitresses.... but prices at that establishment reminiscent of Moscow.... I would like to go back sometime now it comes to mind... one of the nicer cities and much more preferable than NN for a visit imho...

Can't say anything about the mafia, but the rest is true, so true - beautiful, very beautiful!

xfactor2000
12-02-2010, 19:32
My close relatives live there. Great city, and a very beautiful one, by the way. Got a lot of memorials dedicated to Soviet soldiers who didn't let the Nazis cross Volga.

Matth
04-11-2010, 00:22
Definitely one the most beautiful city I visited so far in Russia. I strongly recommend it, especially on the 9th of May