PDA

View Full Version : Printer Ink Refill

Salix
24-01-2009, 00:32
Hi
Does anyone know where I can buy ink to refill Canon printer cartridges? It's so much cheaper than buying new ones.
I have tried the big book shops, but they have a very limited selection.
Thanks in advance
Salix

Miracle77777
24-01-2009, 01:38
Excuse me....did you say book shops????
Why don't you try electronik-markets?? Like Technosila, Eldorado, M-video e t.c.???
:)

Qdos
24-01-2009, 17:40
There are quite a few online places for ink cartridge refills, just do a seach in Russian using Yandex and you'll see what I mean straightaway - but do bear in mind your Canon refills will need the chip fitted from the genuine cartridge, otherwise they'll almost certainly fail to work.

If you want even more economy invest in an ink tank system ;)

Myst_if
01-02-2009, 03:53
There are quite a few online places for ink cartridge refills, just do a seach in Russian using Yandex and you'll see what I mean straightaway - but do bear in mind your Canon refills will need the chip fitted from the genuine cartridge, otherwise they'll almost certainly fail to work.

If you want even more economy invest in an ink tank system ;)

The tanks for the two Cannon printers I have refilled have NOT had a chip in them.

I've been refilling Cannon printers for over ten years now and the only problem I have had is the sponge inside the tank drying out if the printer sits unused for a couple of months. Then the tank needs to be replaced.

Benedikt
01-02-2009, 15:52
Hi
Does anyone know where I can buy ink to refill Canon printer cartridges? It's so much cheaper than buying new ones.
I have tried the big book shops, but they have a very limited selection.
Thanks in advance
Salix
any color, any size (from about 100 ml to 1 ltr).
market at the metro station with the same name, than just follow the crowd.
i do refills since quite a few years. not allways allowed by the printer, when the message comes up 'not original cartridges' or the like, i just click on ignore and it works.
just make sure that you print at least once a week a piece/sheet of paper. otherwise the thin tubes dry out and repairs might become expensive....

Qdos
06-02-2009, 16:43
The tanks for the two Cannon printers I have refilled have NOT had a chip in them.

I've been refilling Cannon printers for over ten years now and the only problem I have had is the sponge inside the tank drying out if the printer sits unused for a couple of months. Then the tank needs to be replaced.

I never said all Canon printers are chipped, especially models a decade old which would have been built before the present day chipping and inkjet control technology had evolved; but the information is relevent to all their recent hardware designed for XP/Vista - like their Pixma range for example.