PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering as a paramedic in Moscow

oarsome
06-09-2004, 23:40
Hi,

my name is adam and I'm a paramedic from canada, and I would like some information in volunteering in moscow as a paramedic. I have worked abroad, I worked as a paramedic in jerusalem and the westbank for 6months back in 2002

thanks for your help
cheers,

a.

koba65
07-09-2004, 00:34
Originally posted by oarsome
Hi,

my name is adam and I'm a paramedic from canada, and I would like some information in volunteering in moscow as a paramedic. I have worked abroad, I worked as a paramedic in jerusalem and the westbank for 6months back in 2002

thanks for your help
cheers,

a.

Don't know how you can do it, but my hat is off to you. Very admirable.

moscowmail
07-09-2004, 07:31
Good luck, I have tried to help in 2 pedestrian accidents and 3 car accidents, the police don't do ANYTHING, and don;t really want u there, the victims tend to give you a lot of hassle, but I still stop and apply pressure etc...

Good luck to you matey

85StonePolarBear
07-09-2004, 07:54
Are you by any chance qualified to teach first aid/the paramedic course? I began taking the EMT course in order to be able to volunteer back in NYC, but I stopped when I knew I was leaving for Moscow.

oarsome
07-09-2004, 08:03
I'm qualified to teach CPR and basic first aid.

It was my goal to pratice as a paramedic though

polly
07-09-2004, 14:12
your Canadian qualifications (degree/certificate, whatever it may be) may not "translate" immediately into equilvalent qualifications in the eyes of the russian medical service.
i knew a Russian dentist who had practiced for years in Russia, and when he moved to the states he had to go through medical school all over again to get qualifications that were recognized by the country he was in. ...