PDA

View Full Version : Beslan seizure coverage in media

Zvezdochet
06-09-2004, 12:52
Should we believe?
I really do not understand how and why the mass media told as there were just 350? At the school were only studying/teaching more than 500 apart of those parents and other relatives who came to the celebration of the 1-st school day?
Why nobody told at the beginning that indeed there were demands declared by the terrorists?
Was it just incompetence of mass media or order from above? Should we believe the statistics and facts, which are presented by them to us these days?
Its very pity that in this tragedy now involved so mach politics that it is impossible to know the all truth…
From another side I would not believe foreign press for 100% as well. There would be some mean scribblers who would endeavor to put down the rescuing hostages operation, blame SF and government in every possible sin…(though myself I do not justify or blame them –because of the luck of reliable info we all have) … all this gossips and rumors…if not to some political orders, then just to show up in the press with their name written down the article…likely if half of the “journalists”.. were there or spend in Russia 5 days in their life.
This all makes me feel a bit sad and in now way I would like to offend those mass media staff, who are trying to provide as with reliable and honest information, who know what they are writing about and do it professionally..

koba65
06-09-2004, 18:31
Originally posted by Zvezdochet
Should we believe?
I really do not understand how and why the mass media told as there were just 350? At the school were only studying/teaching more than 500 apart of those parents and other relatives who came to the celebration of the 1-st school day?
Why nobody told at the beginning that indeed there were demands declared by the terrorists?
Was it just incompetence of mass media or order from above? Should we believe the statistics and facts, which are presented by them to us these days?
Its very pity that in this tragedy now involved so mach politics that it is impossible to know the all truth…
From another side I would not believe foreign press for 100% as well. There would be some mean scribblers who would endeavor to put down the rescuing hostages operation, blame SF and government in every possible sin…(though myself I do not justify or blame them –because of the luck of reliable info we all have) … all this gossips and rumors…if not to some political orders, then just to show up in the press with their name written down the article…likely if half of the “journalists”.. were there or spend in Russia 5 days in their life.
This all makes me feel a bit sad and in now way I would like to offend those mass media staff, who are trying to provide as with reliable and honest information, who know what they are writing about and do it professionally..

As with all terrorist incidents the only guilty party is the terrorists and those who helped them.

quincy
06-09-2004, 21:48
Originally posted by koba65
As with all terrorist incidents the only guilty party is the terrorists and those who helped them.

Absolutely!

Zvezdochet
07-09-2004, 09:50
Do not argue with the statement above. I absolutely sure it is their complete guilt, nothing can excuse and nobody will ever forgive…and we all know it..
I just was telling bout other thing – I was really irritated with the media false data, which were spread all over the TV and radio..
Hope you didn’t get me wrong.. in no way I wanted to blame them for the terror happened there..

Blaked
07-09-2004, 10:49
Terrorists love it when you blame their countries/ethnicities for their stupid religious-nut actions. Back in September, 2001 I remember sitting at a bar with this friend of mine that's Afghani and owns a travel agency. Her brother, who is a computer programmer, was telling us that he was thinking of changing his name to Mike (his name is Mohammed.) I grew up hating Christianity, so it's not hard to hate Islam. If everyone was a selfish atheist SOB like I am, the world wouldn't have to worry about suicide bombers.

Originally posted by quincy
Absolutely!