PDA

View Full Version : i am retarded...

plastique
04-09-2004, 23:10
i have pics i want to post. the files are too big...i got them off another internet page and just saved them to "my pictures." when i try to upload them into my message, the board thinks about it a long time and says that its too big (i ask you because i am sure many women tell you guys that ALL THE TIME)

85StonePolarBear
04-09-2004, 23:19
Me? Too big? I weigh 85 stone (about 540 kilo/1190 lbs) and I'm as well hung as a polar bear - 'cause that's exactly what I am :) :) :)! I am every woman's sweetest dream - a big, cuddly, tame polar bear, kind of like a giant live stuffed animal that every woman wants to climb into bed with :) :) :)!

But, seriously, are you trying to upload them all into one post, or is it that any given single pic is too big? If the former, split them up. If the latter, you'll have to edit them with Photoshop and reduce the size. The other way, which I think is actually best, is to use the IMG function in the post and just enter the link - right click on the pic itself while on the site to get the exact URL.

RedCosmonaut
05-09-2004, 00:46
Dear Plastique,

I accidentally found a good way to compress image files, which may help you. I've no idea why it works, but it does! Load the file into Microsoft Photo Editor, then rotate the file four times to bring it back the way it was. Then resave. File size can drop dramatically sometimes. Hope this helps a little.
Regards
Red Cosmonaut

85StonePolarBear
05-09-2004, 00:47
I'll bet you can also E-mail them to yourself as compressed files using the OE compression prompt. Then, save the E-mailed files and post those.

plastique
06-09-2004, 11:57
i read the word you are writing. i know they are in English but damned if i know what they mean!

except for cosmonauts voo-doo magic cure...

seriously, i'll try what you guys suggest. thanks for the help...

85StonePolarBear
06-09-2004, 12:09
Darn - too bad I didn't post the code for my polar bear pics over in the surf thread - now I can't edit anymore so I can't show you how I made the link to the site where the pics are in order to post them. If you need help PM me.

polly
08-09-2004, 12:30
sometimes i use "paint" (in accessories in windows) to reduce photo size. select all and drag to a smaller size. easy-peasy.