PDA

View Full Version : Rosinka vs Pogrosky hills

larsson
17-01-2009, 00:01
Hello everyone!

Have finally decided to accept an offer coming to moscow with my family..
Got an question today regarding pogrosky hills, if this was an option for us. During our previsit we only had the chance to visit Rosinka and we kind of decided us for this community. Its going to be me, my wife and our son that is 2,5 years at the time he is coming over.. Do they actually have pre-schools at both these places? Kind of contraditions in the informations... At rosinka in the general info it says that they have children from 18 months but at the school pages it declares 3 years? How is the american school at pogrosky?

What are the proīs and conīs of each place?

I understand that there are waiting lists but my family isnīt joining until september and that might help...

Hope you can can spare some time and help a newbie soon to join your community...

annasophia
17-01-2009, 10:49
The biggest difference between Rosinka and Pekrovsky Hills is location. Rosinka is out in the middle of nowhere, at the end of a dead end road. Nowheresville would be an understatement.

Pekrovsky is also at the end of a dead end road--except that the road is in Moscow.

The Anglo American school does not take children younger than kindergarten, or approximately five years old. I know nothing about school options at Rosinka.....but isn't a child of 18 months just a wee bit young to be worrying about the educational fast lane?

Both Rosinka and Pekrovsky are high end low-rise apartment projects built to house foreigners and yet keep them away from the general Russian population. If you want to move to Russia and ignore it at the same time, either one will be a good location with all the western housing amenities.

Reverend
17-01-2009, 11:57
You can take a shuttle bus from Prokrovsky Hills to the metro and into the city. They run on a regular basis and you can actually drive into the city from there.

From Rosinka you'll be an hour away and I don't even know if there is a bus into the city. Maybe Rosinka runs one but it's a LONG way from Moscow. On the other hand, you're close to nature out there.

The school at Rosinka is a British one - not that it matters much in the early years.

Moscow Addick
17-01-2009, 18:58
Both Rosinka and Pekrovsky are high end low-rise apartment projects built to house foreigners and yet keep them away from the general Russian population. If you want to move to Russia and ignore it at the same time, either one will be a good location with all the western housing amenities.

Just one point here - Pokrovsky Hills is not apartments - it is town houses. It also has a child activity center for kids between 18 months and 5 years. There are actually quite a few Russian families living there as well.

Don't know about Rosinka so can't comment.

larsson
18-01-2009, 14:18
reverend, moscow addick and annasophia,

thanx very much for the response.

All I wanted was some hints about the places without judgements (annasophia)...

Having a family and no knowledge of the russian language yet I think it is a soft landing to start out in such kind housing projekts..

I also forgot to mention that my work will be in the western parts of the city nearby sheremetyevo airport so mainly I will be fascilitating the traffic jams there instead of the ones in the center... I am in moscow to work and not to tourist around however when the time will arise I think I can take the inconvience to get into the center...

mlck
12-02-2009, 13:36
At rosinka in the general info it says that they have children from 18 months but at the school pages it declares 3 years?

This information is wrong. There is no preschooling available for a child under 3 in Rosinka. Rumors exist that come next year even the preschool will not exist. Only Nursery.

CDNRower
11-03-2009, 10:48
And also, AAS does indeed offer schooling for children younger than Kindergarten; Pre-Kindergarten. I believe that they have five classes of Pre-K!

Andrew33
20-03-2009, 22:07
If you work near the airport then either Rosinka or Pokrovsky should be ok. Rosinka is a nice community and I would live there gladly if the commute were under an hour.