PDA

View Full Version : mystery barf

polly
03-09-2004, 10:55
i don't understand. this morning i got up like usual, felt fine, had breakfast (rarity), was getting ready to leave when suddenly, out of nowhere, i understood that it was toilet-huggin time.
i barfed and i barfed.
now granted i had three beers last night, but that shouldn't count for much... esp with no hangover.
but the thing is i have probably had at least one drink every day for the last two weeks.
time to dry out?

85StonePolarBear
03-09-2004, 10:59
Originally posted by polly
, had breakfast (rarity),

Maybe you're just not used to having breakfast, especially after three beers, so that your system didn't hold it. Did you eat eggs or anything else with oil/fat?

One drink a day seems to be healthy according to the latest research.

allice
03-09-2004, 11:07
Provided that you are 101% sure you can not be pregnant, do not have a stomach acid condition, there are people that are just not meant to have meals in the morning. I tried having breakfast because supposably it is a healthy practice. Apparently not for me. I just am not hungry in the morning. Now if you were hungry, hmmm. That could be a worry.

polly
03-09-2004, 11:14
i am usually n ot hungry in the morning but i tend to have low blood suger, so i gotta choke a little something down. plus i took lotsa vitamins, but htat's nothing out of the ordinary either.

and for me anyway "at least" one drink a day typically implies an average of 3. which is not as healthy as just one! =\

85StonePolarBear
03-09-2004, 11:15
I'm the same way - I wake up at 0730 but my digestive system wakes up at 1130-1200.

Surok
03-09-2004, 11:25
Vitamins can upset your stomach.

Have you changed the brand/ type/ number you're taking lately?

Even if not - could just be your system is stressed, and responds badly to the usual vitamins.

I quit taking vitamins altogether because of this problem. Promised myself I would eat healthily....what a joke that was.

Moscow Wolf
03-09-2004, 13:46
More likely a bug you picked up from somewhere. If you were sick and then felt immediately better, that's OK. If you have sickness and a problem at the other end then you definately have a bug or some kind of mild food poisoning.

You didn't say if it has continued or just a one off.

polly
03-09-2004, 13:57
no, i do feel better. ('cept i'm HUNGRY now, damn it, and no lunch in sight!) it was weird. i felt just fine, then ick and ralph, then a little post-yak shaky and ick, i'm OK now.
does really no one think it's drinking related? S.O. was like "time to start drinking less!"

Ned Kelly
03-09-2004, 14:13
could be too many cigarettes in the morning - i retch from that occasionally but have never had a full-blown ralph from it.

polly
03-09-2004, 14:20
i don't smoke till about 11 or so. (but i have in the past, and boy do i know what you mean!)

sfjohns67
03-09-2004, 14:37
Not craving pickles and ice cream, are you? I've never heard of mystery yakking, especially in the morning as you describe, outside of pregnancy. The rapid onset and the shakes fit the preggo profile as well. 36.6 carries OB brand products, by the way.

Moscow Wolf
03-09-2004, 21:38
And you've been pregnant how many times now! wink

am4rw
04-09-2004, 00:25
Other than getting sick due to that weird reproductive thing women are occasionally prone to, some types of food don't sit well on the stomach in the early morning.

Mixiing sweet with sour, or just too much acid, can cause this reaction. Fer instance, I can't eat something sweet, like pancakes with syrup, and then drink orange juice. Empties out the stomach every time. Oatmeal with peaches tastes great going in, lousy coming out.

I also have learned that cutting my breakfast in half is better when I'm eating very early.

Don't know if any of this applies. Maybe you should drink less?

jules
06-09-2004, 11:21
Had the same thing happen before, generally a little while after taking iron supplements on an empty stomach - even after meals they made me nauseous, so I had to quit taking them...

Halyavshik
06-09-2004, 18:17
Polly, whatever it is, I hope it doesn't repeat and that everything's ok.

I don't anything helpful to add other than to compliment you on having one of the sharpest thread-naming abilities this side of the urals.

Mystery Barf. I love it. Go girl (and stay healthy) !

polly
07-09-2004, 14:14
well once i finally disclosed what i actually ate for breakfast (tomato lentil soup with chicken and vegetables) i was laughed at. apparently tomatoes are super acidic, and well hey. ralph-o-rama. =\
(NOT Pregnant!)

polly
07-09-2004, 14:22
Originally posted by sfjohns67
36.6 carries OB brand products, by the way.

Great, SFJ, now YOU TOO can ride horses and go swimming ALL THE TIME!
i don't usually use corn cobs, but thanks. =)