PDA

View Full Version : Small boy dies of cancer. Please help!

TGP
13-01-2009, 14:39
Here is an article from Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper in which they write about a 5-year old boy, Ilyusha, from a very poor family who lives in a village in Mordovia. He is suffering of leucosis, and needs a transfer of bone marrow. Now he is at the oncological center in Moscow, and the doctors say he won't cope with a backset if the surgery is not made in time.
Money is needed for preparation for the surgery; Ilyusha must have intravenous infusion drip thrice a day, and each drip costs 300 Rubles. His family does not have money, and if no one helps him, the boy will die.

Here are references to the sites with article about the boy, the contact phone numbers and the accounts to which one may transfer dollars or rubles.

The article is in Russian, of course, and I cannot give a full translation of it, but maybe you may ask someone to read it for you.

Please help. The family is really very poor, and people from their village and district gave them money for the trip to Moscow, but it was not enough for the surgey and the treatment.

The newspaper already wrote about the boy some ime ago, but they sent only 5000 Rubles to him.Yes, it is crisis, but if each of us sent some amount to the family, it may be enough to help him.

KP.RU // Чтобы обмануть смерть, Илюша просит качели (http://kp.ru/daily/24224.5/426493/print/)

KP.RU // Кому сегодня нужна твоя помощь (http://kp.ru/daily/24166/379463/print/)

Qdos
13-01-2009, 15:53
Small boy dies of cancer. Please help!

You might want to review the title, because as things stand it makes it sound as if the poor child has already died... :(

Russian Lad
24-05-2009, 03:25
And you know, TGP, what kills such boys? The social system that you are so happy about.

GaNozri
24-05-2009, 03:55
And you know, TGP, what kills such boys? The social system that you are so happy about.

No, its people like you and I, who don't give...

The one thing we need to learn from americans, is how to be charitable, for whatever selfish reason, or otherwise.

Russian Lad
29-05-2009, 18:37
The one thing we need to learn from americans, is how to be charitable, for whatever selfish reason, or otherwise.

Come on, Ganozri, they spend more money on gambling, drug use and church brainwashing activities than on charity, just as we do here. Medical care is the function of the state.

Korotky Gennady
30-05-2009, 13:29
And you know, TGP, what kills such boys? The social system that you are so happy about.yeah !

TGP
16-06-2009, 23:19

I am happy that I spent at least some of my time and effort within my power to help this boy instead of writing idiotic comments in this thread, or waiting for the time when someone will change the social system.

is4fun
16-06-2009, 23:28
I am happy that I spent at least some of my time and effort within my power to help this boy instead of writing idiotic comments in this thread, or waiting for the time when someone will change the social system.

The first time I have seen this thread TGP as when it was started I was on holidays. I admire your heart and agree with your sentiments. What became of the child?

TGP
16-06-2009, 23:39
The first time I have seen this thread TGP as when it was started I was on holidays. I admire your heart and agree with your sentiments. What became of the child?

Since I heard about the boy almost half a year ago, I do not know how he is doing now, but in winter he and his mother moved back home after the surgery he had.

is4fun
17-06-2009, 00:12
Since I heard about the boy almost half a year ago, I do not know how he is doing now, but in winter he and his mother moved back home after the surgery he had.

So he did get the surgery he needed? I tried following the links you posted but they are no longer valid.