PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to SPB?

ndemeis
11-01-2009, 13:20
Was wondering who you recommend to ship items to st. petersburg? I am having two CD player shipped to me and DHL wants $586, Fedex and UPS won't give me prices online, and USPS wants $100, but have been told that the russian postal service mangles packages. Any other recommendations on who is reliable as I don't want to have these CD players lost.

Also how can i figure out my shipping address, how to write it correctly? I have had one package shipped to me which never made it here, at least not as of the last 5 weeks.

ambene
06-07-2009, 09:51
Hi, my experience was shipping my beautiful espresso machine and grinder from the USA to SPB. Total weight was about 70 lbs. Cost to ship from Michigan was $600 (absolute cheapest I could find) it took 4 weeks in the summer time (from June til July) and then when I picked it up in Customs, I had to pay an additional $350 - after I proved the cost of the machine and grinder was less than $3k and also used.

I was fortunate to have Russian friends here who helped me through the whole experience in Customs, we did it ourselves rather than just hire a clearing broker. I wasn't sure how much that would have been, but I had to pay the broker the $350 anyway to pick up my stuff. It took 2 solid days to complete the process, partly because we didn't know it and had to figure it all out, and partly because it seems this is the way that the governmental processes go.

Hope this helps! Btw my shipping broker in the US used UPS to get me the $600 price - when I went to the UPS site myself, it was around $900.

Ann

Kraven Morehead
06-07-2009, 09:53
Try these guys
MEEST Corporation Inc. Information WebSite (http://www.meest.net/)

mock
08-07-2009, 02:50
I do have very bad experience with DHL, so be careful, better to use some other shipping company.I can give several phone numbers, as I do use them often

Treefrog
08-07-2009, 12:45
Try these guys:

http://westpost.ru/en/?homepage

or ship the gear to Finland and go and collect it.