PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations DJB!!!

Midas
02-09-2004, 11:25
Yahoo! Names Phlegmatic Dog World's Most Stylish Cybercafe

Reuters
LONDON -- A San Francisco laundromat may be the one of the world's most unusual places to surf the Internet but a sleek club on Moscow's Red Square is definitely the sleekest, according to a Yahoo! survey of the globe's best cybercafes.

The winners of the first Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe Awards were published on Wednesday to mark the 10th anniversary of the world's first cybercafe in London's West End.

Among the top picks were the unusual Brain Wash in San Francisco, cited as "the height of Internet cafe cum laundromat cool" and Moscow's Phlegmatic Dog, selected as Most Stylish with its "unique combination of comfort and high-tech."

And the title of the world's Most Remote Internet Cafe went to an internationally funded center in Timbuktu, Mali.

The winners were chosen by a panel of judges who considered travelers' more than 1,000 nominations of cybercafes in 111 countries. The results have been compiled in a Rough Guides e-book, available at (http://yahoo.co.uk/internetcafes).

Approximately 20,000 Internet cafes have sprung up in 171 countries, according to Yahoo! Mail. "Despite the fact that home and work Internet access is now commonplace, Internet cafes fulfill the same role as they did 10 years ago," Eva Pascoe, a co-founder of Cafe Cyberia, said in a statement. "They are the post offices of the wired generation."

DPG
02-09-2004, 11:26
Excellent news!!:)

Keep up the good work mate!!

See you soon!

allice
02-09-2004, 11:29
Wow, now I can say "I know the man behind that"!! :D :cool:

Way to go!!

plastique
02-09-2004, 13:24
And there was much rejoicing! "yea!"

HandsoMan
02-09-2004, 21:14
Plastique: you have a place in my heart forever.

I use that phrase all the time ("and there was much rejoicing. yea") and it goes over people's heads all the time. Great to know that I'm not alone.

And...DPG, excellent. I love the PDog. Met a beautiful dyev there one night, and....

:) :) :) :) :smokin:

85StonePolarBear
02-09-2004, 21:28
Congratulations! I haven't been to the Phlegmatic Dog in ages - will have to have lunch there this weekend.

koba65
03-09-2004, 01:38
Well deserved!!! Congrats!!

Random
03-09-2004, 10:03
Tuned into the BBC World Service this morning to catch the end of an article on this ....

Anybody else hear the full thing ...was about the yahoo survey ..

So well done that man - sterling work !!

:D

Sad Radio
03-09-2004, 12:07
cool! great to have this fact proven just once again: along with all other news, moscow can also be famous for cool & stylish places!

boscoe
03-09-2004, 12:15
It's a crap place - they keep taking my money!

;) - Kudos DJ!

DJ Biscuit
03-09-2004, 13:51
Thanks to all. I want to thank my mother who made this all possible and I am very grateful to myself for being so talented, err, lucky!!

Thanks guys for the congrats, and for using the place, you made it!

Seeu all soon.

DJB

Kshisya
03-09-2004, 13:59
:hooray: congrats!!! :hooray:

DJ ! i'm proud of you :inlove: :respect: ;)

peyote
03-09-2004, 15:37
felicidades! ;)
keep it cool :lovepot: