PDA

View Full Version : NEW CDs!!! Where do I get them?

Col. Brokov
01-09-2004, 18:06
Comrades!
I have a bit of a problem. My favourite singer, songwriter, performer has released a new CD in the states. Normally I'd have been at the store at opening time, but as I live in Russia now this isn't exactly feasible. Now, I have been a fan for half my life and am having difficulty accepting that there has been a new CD for over 24 hours and I haven't heard it yet. I don't know how to live this one down, but getting the CD would be a start! So does anybody know where I can buy a newly released CD here in Moscow? Please don't tell me Garbushka, as I am something of a veteran here in this city and have already been there several times. Those bastards don't even know who I'm talking about when I mention the name, and neither would most of you guys, which is why I haven't bothered to say. Any help?

P.I.M.P.
01-09-2004, 18:27
1. Download a file sharing program such as LimeWire (www.limewire.com)

2. Download the entire album or individual songs. It could take 5 minutes or less on ADSL or LAN, a few hours on dial-up.

Col. Brokov
01-09-2004, 21:23
Ya see, the problem with that idea is firstly I don't have a personal computer. My second problem is moral. I have a great deal of respect for this particular singer and would feel a bit... I don't know.... ungrateful, or criminal, or just plain rotten if I bought a bootleg or downloaded the CD. Fact is he isn't very popular and I like that I help to support him financially, even though I am aware how little he would receive from the royalty, but still... ya know? Thanks though. Any other advice, anybody?

sfjohns67
01-09-2004, 22:14
How soon do you need it? I'll be in the US 10-19 Sep and will be glad to pick it up for you. If you want to make my life easier, Amazon it to my folks' house (I'll email you the address) and I'll just bring it back with me.

Col. Brokov
02-09-2004, 16:28
SFjohns67. Hey thanks alot for the offer. Your one cool guy, but I do hope to have it well, before then. This weekend if possible. But hey, THANKS!!!

legspreader
02-09-2004, 16:32
if you feel badly download and burn from itunes or another online pay service at a local internet cafe and burn the disc there.

sfjohns67
02-09-2004, 16:36
Since you're chomping at the bits, then, try www.amazon.co.uk. It will be rather expensive - I paid $40 for an Allman Brothers cd from them. Just had to have it RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, though, and they had it in my hands w/in 3 days after I hit the 'order' button.

Sad Radio
02-09-2004, 16:49
guys, u can all shop in Soyuz www.soyuz.ru or Purpurni Legion www.purplelegion.ru, they usually have it all, and of they don't - u can order it and they will have it ready for you in a bout a week.

Sad Radio
02-09-2004, 16:50
col., who's that singer, maybe i help?

Kshisya
02-09-2004, 17:09
Originally posted by sfjohns67
How soon do you need it? I'll be in the US 10-19 Sep and will be glad to pick it up for you. If you want to make my life easier, Amazon it to my folks' house (I'll email you the address) and I'll just bring it back with me.

Stevo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hooray: could you please get me something too!!!!!!! ~beggin look~ if by any chance you see the movie Popeye with Robin Williams on VHS or DVD (any option is fine!) that would be lovely!!!!!!! Dont look specially for it but just keep in mind and get me if see, k?? :hooray:

sfjohns67
02-09-2004, 17:15
It's ordered from Amazon.com and will get to my dad's house in 5 days. I'll bring it back with me on the 19th.

Kshisya
02-09-2004, 17:18
Originally posted by sfjohns67
It's ordered from Amazon.com and will get to my dad's house in 5 days. I'll bring it back with me on the 19th.
:hooray: fanks!!!!!! :inlove: :hooray:

Col. Brokov
02-09-2004, 18:15
You don't happen to know where these stores are do you? If they are in Moscow and you could tell me the address, or even which Metro station I'd be most pleased. I looked at the website you kindly sent and it is all in Russian and my lang skills aren't that great yet (just look at how I struggle with English!)
Oh, and since you asked the singer is Glenn Danzig. You, and most other people, have probably never heard of him, but I have strange tastes. The real kick in the teeth is that I won't be able to see him on tour. I haven't missed a Danzig tour in 13 years!
Oh, and sfjohns67. Did Amazon ship it here? To Russia?

Sad Radio
02-09-2004, 18:18
what label is your guy signed to, col?
i' would pm you about the locations, but u don't seem to have the right button...

Col. Brokov
02-09-2004, 18:25
The label he is on is called evilive records.

Col. Brokov
02-09-2004, 18:26
No I never bothered to sign up for PM. Damn, wish I had now.

jheisel
02-09-2004, 18:47
Danzig should be available almost anywhere, he's a pretty popular metal dude (at least I thought he was!). Anyway, even if you miss the Danzig tour, the Misfits (Danzig-less) are coming here soon. Purple Legion is at metro Novokuznetskaya/Tretyakovskaya on Novokuznetskaya Ulitsa. Also check Transilvaniya on Tverskaya street. Further, I would think that between the Soyuz and Titanik chains, you should have no problem finding it.

Col. Brokov
02-09-2004, 18:49
I'm going tomorow! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

plastique
02-09-2004, 18:51
ah-ha...do not underestimate the knowledge of those you look to for help..i too have heard of daznig although heisel is much more the guru than humble I

Col. Brokov
02-09-2004, 21:32
I'm surprised that you both have heard of him! Even in America I found many many people who had heard of the Misfits but didn't know who Danzig was. In fact when I asked for the CDs people who say something like "Oh, dancing. Isle 4". Always upset me. Anyway, thanks alot and I hope to suceed tomorow in the hunt!

Blaked
02-09-2004, 22:55
Col, you love taxes and pay market prices for music. What are you doing here? The next thing you'll tell me is that you don't like sex. You like Danzig and here I thought you were all tweedy. But didn't he kind of fade out of existance back in the 1980's around the time I stopped listening to Def Leppard?

jambandking
02-09-2004, 23:20
dude my high school girlfriend listened to danzig, she went on tour too...she was really scary when she wore those crazy looking danzig t-shirts...all pale and shit...gosh i am so glad those high school days are over...

PS sfjohn, so i hear you said you got an Allman brothers CD, if its live at Filmore East can i make a copy of it plz

Col. Brokov
03-09-2004, 14:48
Originally posted by jambandking
dude my high school girlfriend listened to danzig, she went on tour too...she was really scary when she wore those crazy looking danzig t-shirts...all pale and shit...gosh i am so glad those high school days are over...
All pale you say?! Send her my way! That "goth" look is wicked sexy on girls, but guys just look stupid and kinda "queer" if you get me meaning.

sfjohns67
03-09-2004, 14:50
Originally posted by jambandking
sfjohn, so i hear you said you got an Allman brothers CD, if its live at Filmore East can i make a copy of it plz Sorry, just a 'Greatest Hits' collection.

Col. Brokov
03-09-2004, 14:52
Blaked. Tweedy?! ME?! Far from it! Oh, and for your info, I do like sex, quite a bit actually. As far as paying market prices for music; only in this special case. I just bought the latest Ministry album (bet you thought they faded away too!) at Gerbushka. Only paid 140 rubles. It's a bootleg, but who cares?

DPG
03-09-2004, 17:00
Originally posted by Col. Brokov
No I never bothered to sign up for PM. Damn, wish I had now.

Consider yourself "signed up" for them...(i.e. I ticked a box that you also could have ticked!;))

plastique
03-09-2004, 17:03
dpg...what would i have to do to get you to tick my box???

sfjohns67
03-09-2004, 17:08
Plastique, I don't know what YOU'll have to do, but if DPG wants to tick your box, he'll have to get there before I do. :D

DPG
03-09-2004, 17:44
[Blushes behind his laptop];)

plastique
04-09-2004, 10:52
ok SFJ- you can clean by box when it gets full (or do you only do that for Fa-Q??? that sounds really wrong... END JOKE! AABORT, ABORT

jheisel
06-09-2004, 15:40
Brokov: Actually, for 140 rubles you probably got a licensed copy of the new Ministry album. I believe Soyuz put it out over here.