PDA

View Full Version : The holiday in Moscow

TGP
05-01-2009, 21:44
The long holiday is at the hight and in full swing. Question to those who didn't go away and are spending the holiday in Moscow: are you glad you stayed at home? Do you have a nice time? Are you happy?

I am! I can't believe next Sunday will be a work day... :mad:

Miracle77777
05-01-2009, 22:17
:10518:

Holidays were great))

Cannot believe either - do not know other country where people start to work after holidays on sunday....

Can you imagine it in Europe?
:vampire:

Katrine L
05-01-2009, 22:30
It only "seems" that holidays are long. All good things things finish fast :D!

I really enjoy staying home when I have this opportunity and pave the way for future or just enjoying this calm and warm atmosphere. Although I have to work ocassionally during holidays for some hours so for me these days are just calmer than usual.:sunny: But I like them indeed!

Korotky Gennady
06-01-2009, 02:24
I am! I can't believe next Sunday will be a work day... :mad:
I think it's so becoz you don't like your work. For me every working day is like holiday.

I enjoy my studentes and I enjoy myself as a lecturer... I'm just terrific in this role.

RRM
06-01-2009, 07:05
I am liking it being in Moscow during these long holidays. Its more relaxing that taking a trip somewhere. The last two days have been bad (down with a flu) but I enjoyed being outside all this time.

MissAnnElk
06-01-2009, 12:04
The last two days have been bad (down with a flu) but I enjoyed being outside all this time.

Tell me about it! I am sick as a dog! Been sleeping 12 hours a night. Finished all the LemSip and no progress.

Thankfully, no one else in the family has it, but I have been sick a week.

RRM
06-01-2009, 12:26
Tell me about it! I am sick as a dog! Been sleeping 12 hours a night. Finished all the LemSip and no progress.

A week ! Thats too long. I feel recovered now with all the eucalyptus oils and the theraflu. Hopefully by tomorrow I should be doing my usual outdoor workouts and fun. Yes this was the only dent in what was supposed to be a nice relaxing holiday.

Qdos
06-01-2009, 12:32

Same here, very nasty cold, partner had it a week before I got symptoms, slow incubation period... head full of gunge still, coughing for England, I'm now on day five of the cycle and buying shares in Coldrex :mad:

MissAnnElk
06-01-2009, 12:43
I thought I was getting better. Jan 3, I only slept 8 hours. But then I had to fly . . . and the dry air in the plane seemed to set me back.

Started with a NASTY sore throat. Two days where I preferred to drool, it was that uncomfortable. Friends treated me with vodka . . .

Now I continue to have very blocked sinuses and a barking cough.

Ask Mr. Elk about my snoring, too. Poor guy.

Qdos
06-01-2009, 13:23
Well I have sinuses full of gunge, toothache, a dry cough and a head like a bear which has been woken during hibernation... :9437:

* is currently making a list of people I want to sneeze over *

matlockk
06-01-2009, 13:41
I can't remember the actual figure but someone did a study to show how much GDP Russia lost through its' long holiday and it was enormous. Here in Ukraine we are back at work, working hard, making gas, stealing gas etc ;)

Benedikt
06-01-2009, 18:19

200 gr hot 'pirzovka' (that is the vodka with a chilli inside...) with 100 gr of hot tea, 4 spoons of sugar, drink it as hot as you can. than go to sleep. next day you feel fresh as a cucumber....:inlove:

TGP
06-01-2009, 20:36
I think it's so becoz you don't like your work. For me every working day is like holiday.

I enjoy my studentes and I enjoy myself as a lecturer... I'm just terrific in this role.

I think it's because I like and enjoy many more things in life besides my work.

Yeah, we know that you enjoy to be a lecturer :D
Question is if it's same joy for the listerners

TGP
06-01-2009, 21:23
I wish all those who are sick to recover soon!

Here is one more recipe, maybe you know it, but it helps!

Heat 200 gr of orange juice, then add and mix juice of 1/3 of lemon, a tea spoon of cognac, some honey (a tea spoon), and drink it hot.

And don't forget to boil a bit of ginger root in 250 gr of water for about 10 minutes, and drink it - preferably in the morning. Do it daily, it's very good for your immunity!

RRM
06-01-2009, 21:26
What no Vodka ?

I am fine now, having a Champagne instead. Tomorrow will be early morning run with the dogs.

MissAnnElk should try the recipe.

I wish all those who are sick to recover soon!

Here is one more recipe, maybe you know it, but it helps!

Heat 200 gr of orange juice, then add and mix juice of 1/3 of lemon, a tea spoon of cognac, some honey (a tea spoon), and drink it hot.

And don't forget to boil a bit of ginger root in 250 gr of water for about 10 minutes, and drink it - preferably in the morning. Do it daily, it's very good for your immunity!

TGP
06-01-2009, 21:55
What no Vodka ?

I am fine now, having a Champagne instead. Tomorrow will be early morning run with the dogs.

MissAnnElk should try the recipe.

No vodka because it originates from Europe :)

Running early morning.... with or without dogs....brrr.... My respect

RRM
06-01-2009, 22:08
Running early morning.... with or without dogs....brrr.... My respect

Yeah people think I am crazy but then this is what some like. I see quite some people on the running trail, so I am not all alone.

Didnt Cognac come from Europe too ? I mean from Cognac (France)

AndreyS
06-01-2009, 22:21
Does vital Cognac pipe lie through Ukraine too?

Miracle77777
06-01-2009, 23:33

:vampire:
Why? Why I hadn't such kind prof as you are in my days in college))))

All of them appeared on lessons, as it would be a great day of punishment for us...^-*

Korotky Gennady
08-01-2009, 02:57
I think it's because I like and enjoy many more things in life besides my work.

Yeah, we know that you enjoy to be a lecturer :D
Question is if it's same joy for the listernersOf course they enjoy. Have no doubts about them.