PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Clubs

ozcando
04-01-2009, 22:55
Hi people, my (Russian) wife and I have just moved here from Australia and now have my 17 year old son here for two weeks on a visit. He has played the Saxophone for the last 12 years and is very interested in seeing and maybe playing some live jazz.
Can anyone recommend a suitable jazz or music venue in St Petes, where we may be able to safely go for an afternoon or early evening?
Thanks and love the city, it’s so much more friendly and slower than Moscow….

Aşık melek
07-01-2009, 13:52
Hi! Welcome to St. Pete!
the most famous jazz place here is Jazz Philarmonic Hall. Its really good, safe place. here is the link
double u. double u. double u.jazz-hall.spb.ru
there is also englsh version of the site, but russian is more detailed..

ozcando
07-01-2009, 19:38
Many thanks for your reply and the kind welcome Asik Melek. The Ellington Hall looks like the goods for a lazy few hours :hooray:. I will let you all know how it goes.

Not jazz, but we spent today at Pavlovsk and what a great place to take in some fresh air and look through a palace if anyone hasn't been there yet. Absolutely spectacular even on a very cold day!

Aşık melek
09-01-2009, 20:22
yep, pavlovsk is really great place. i have spent a lot of lovely days there, both in summer & winter. I love Pavlovsk even more than Pushkin.

ndemeis
14-01-2009, 19:57
JFC? I don't know if there is an age limit or you mind or more bar like setting. Its nicer than most jazz bars here, such as Jimi Hendrix. Might be an ok place as your son is 17 and you dont mind some smokers

Kirill E.
20-01-2009, 16:51
JFC is a better deal i think, especially for a 17-years old guy/
Here is their website:
JFC JAZZ CLUB (http://jfc-club.spb.ru/)