PDA

View Full Version : New Dieting folder

moscowmail
31-08-2004, 09:54
The food and recipe folder is quite popular, we have had a number of requests for a diet and dieting tips folder, a way to bolster and help others as well I suppose.

Good luck and be healthy

Len

Sadie
31-08-2004, 10:04
Yeah, business discussions don't appear to be that successful I have to mention. Thaz a symptomatic sign of the basic orientation of the forum I guess ;) Even sex and relationships do not bother. Pozhrat' by tol'ko :p ;)

lucytupper
31-08-2004, 10:49
Here is the ONLY way to lose weight. It works every time.

Eat less - exercise more = weight loss.

Eat more - exercise less = weight gain.

Anything else is just a gimmick to make money.

Watch the fat content, eat a balanced diet, cut out the booze and like magic the fat from your body will disappear.

Simple!

Moscow Wolf
31-08-2004, 15:44
Blue jabs Lucy. I believe in food combinations and try to stick as much as possible to the Hay Diet.

Diet is not just about weight control it is about the treatment of diabetes, gastro and other stomach/bowel disorders plus many other ailments. You are what you eat, I guess.

So - Who ate all the Pies, who ate all the Pies, you fat ******, you fat *******, who ate all the Pies........

yankee@moscow
07-09-2004, 15:36
When I used to bodybuild, I'd annually lose about 35 to 40 pounds. I would never ate less to do it. However, I did eat fewer calories. There is a huge difference in the two statements. The body works on some strange principles that actually make sense if you think about them. For instance, if you don't drink water, your body will store as much water as it can because it perceives that you are in dessert conditions. However, if you drink 2 gallons of water a day, your body won't store any water.

In a sense, the body does the same with food. If you only eat once a day, your body will store as much fat as possible and even burn muscle to do it. However, if you are continually eating, even low calorie or foods that are so difficult to digest that your body uses more calories to process them than they contain then your body sees that you are getting a continual supply of food and isn't as likely to store fat. Key 1 - eat many small meals during the day, as many as 6 or 7.

I'll drop some other hints as this goes on. Maybe I should start following my own advice again. I'm turned into a regular guy these days!

Sheepy
07-09-2004, 18:41
:cool:

Sad Radio
09-09-2004, 12:57
lucy - i second that. works every time! it's simple, doesn't cost crazy money, result is as fast as you want it to be. all u need is a little info on fat&calories and sports + will :))

85StonePolarBear
09-09-2004, 13:02
I went down quite a bit (from 100 st to 85 st for the purposes of my identity on this site, but in reality more like 25 kgs in 9 months) using the South Beach Diet www.southbeachdiet.com

moscowmail
09-09-2004, 13:04
For me it is the beer, I sorta stopped drinking a few beers every night and that helps, also been to the gym 8 days out of the last 10, 20 mins abdoms and a bit of free weights, 30 mins swimming, then Sauna :)

It is very dificult for me to keep my Adonis body in such good shape :)

85StonePolarBear
09-09-2004, 13:10
Originally posted by moscowmail
It is very dificult for me to keep my Adonis body in such good shape :)

I would think that to maintain the inflatable Adonis sculpture which you keep in your bedroom, simple household cleaner would suffice ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)!

moscowmail
09-09-2004, 13:13
:)

85StonePolarBear
09-09-2004, 13:14
Seriously, though, I should add that I walk at least 2 kms per day, and on weekends more like 5, though that may not be so easy anymore once winter hits.

And my only complaint about my diet is that something has happened to my ability to process alcohol - while whisky, vodka, and red wine are allowed on it, one drink now hits me like three :(.

Sad Radio
09-09-2004, 13:16
yeah, bear, trying to walk to the furthermost tube station from the office every day - tha works already:)

Sad Radio
09-09-2004, 13:31
and about drinks: why get upset about this - u are saving money on drinks now! ;)

Moscow Wolf
10-09-2004, 20:59
Is that comment about eating less and storing more fat backed up by medical science?

I ask because I know someone that eats like a mouse and can never lose an ounce/gramm yet when that person is under severe stress it drops off quickly It might be difficult to convince said person that by eating more, i.e. small meals as suggested (that is good advice for anyone BTW) that they might lose more weight than currently experienced eating next to nothing.

Smurfette
10-09-2004, 21:17
Sort of, if you diet severely for long enough your body thinks its a famine and you start storing everything you eat as fat as that is the most efficent storage for energy. You will loose weight but as soon as you start eating properly again you will put weight on as fat as your metabolism has slowed down so much to not waste energy.

Moscow Wolf
10-09-2004, 21:31
Sorry Smurfy, I don't see any gains here, one way you store fat and the other you put weight back on whn you start to eat normally. What is a woman supposed to do then when she wants to lose weight then and the mouse eater is a woman not a man.

Smurfette
10-09-2004, 21:46
I was talking about what happens if you diet severely. If you just eat sensibly (about 1200 Kcal/day), execise regularly (this helps speed your metabolism), you will loose weight, the excercise will help ensure you don't loose muscle mass. You will only put fat back on if you starve yourself then go back to your normal diet (yo yo effect).
Then to maintain the weight loss continue eating a heathy well balenced diet (I can't work that out for russia as I don't know the food well enough), continue to excercise you won't put the weight back on.

Smurfette
10-09-2004, 21:51
If you do something like yoga or pilates you help maintain a toned look and flexibility. Women should ideally do weight bearing excercise as this is better for maintaining bone density.

Swordello
22-09-2004, 10:56
I finally decided to lose the 8kg that crept up on me in the last year. Stopped drinking (OUCH!!!), but seriously, it's impossible to lose weight if you drink a lot of beer. I find it much harder to diet in Russia than in the US--you just don't have the same availability of fruit and veggies here. Nonetheless, I'm eating a lot of frozen veggies at dinner and much less bread and meat. It seems to be working. I haven't tried the South Beach diet, but know that a lot of folks swear by it.