PDA

View Full Version : How long?

the Patient
27-08-2004, 19:29
before you stop kidding yourself that that headache, stomach ache, swollen ankle, etc.. needs attention from the doc?

Smurfette
28-08-2004, 00:28
would have to depend what the problem was and how much it was bothering me!

Ghost
14-10-2004, 13:00
Agree - this depends on what the problem is. More specifics, and we can probably offer more specific advice.

sir Gay
13-11-2004, 12:04
weird but when i was baptized mormon, they taught me to see all the docs twice a year for an overall medical examination. i am less active in the church now, but still stick to the two medexams schedule a year and find it helpful.

Sheepy
13-11-2004, 17:48
True story!!!

Well your poll reminded me of one true story...I had a great great great uncle who lived to 113 and not once in his life visited the doctor's surgery.

Asked once by a journalist what the secret of his longevity was he proudly replied...

No smoking.
No drinking.
No swearing.
No womanizing.

To which the disappointed journalist replied "Hell! What's the point of living to 113, then?" :D

Sheepy
13-11-2004, 17:50
As for myself I put it off until something needs cutting off. Yeah , not very sound advice (I know!). But I'm petrified of doctors!:( It's those rubber gloves (among various other instruments!) :eek:

sir Gay
14-11-2004, 12:10
Originally posted by Sheepy

No smoking.
No drinking.
No swearing.
No womanizing.

then the planet will be populated with gays only. is Earth referred to as "the blue planet"? :)