PDA

View Full Version : valid visa old passport

Wissam
23-12-2008, 01:49
I needed to get a new passport, because of a lack of pages, will they let me enter with a valid Russian visa in an invalid passport? can i present both passports?

Proper Bostonian
23-12-2008, 09:49
Your local embassy should be able to insert additional pages.

Qdos
23-12-2008, 11:37
If it's a multiple entry visa they 'should', however they'll overstamp a page in the passport that bears the visa and a page in the new passport and you'll have nothing but trouble with immigration staff, militia, and airlines staff as a result of doing that LOL...

Get your consulate to extend your old passport with extra pages as has been suggested, or return the old passport, visa, and new passport, to the Russian Consulate of issue and ask for it to be reissued in your new document.

Remember that a visa bears your passport number, and the rules about this are that you should not expect to be able to use the visa if your passport's changed... :doh:

Wissam
12-01-2009, 01:35
Thanks for your reply. So the only documents I need are the old passport with the valid visa and my new passport. I t is a work visa ( multi-entry) but it is stuck in not the green paper( I think they changed the from the paper form to the sticker). Someone said you need a new invitation? that seems excessive does it?:question:

Reverend
12-01-2009, 11:01
that seems excessive does it?:question: If you think that then you can't have been here very long!