PDA

View Full Version : Sedmoy Discount Card

MissAnnElk
22-12-2008, 15:32
I bought a 2008 discount/loyalty card last January. I saved the equivalent of the card price within 6 weeks (I kept track), so it was a good idea as I can't get to Auchan, etc.

They are already selling the 2009 cards, and I was planning to wait until January to cough up the money, but as they ask me now EVERY time, it occurred to me: Do I get the 10 percent discount on the purchase of the 2009 card if I do it now while I still have a 2008 card?

Kartoshka
23-12-2008, 20:57
Try it and see. It's not going to be any more expensive if you buy now as opposed to in January, and then you'll know for next year (if you're still around then...)

MissAnnElk
23-12-2008, 22:05
Try it and see. It's not going to be any more expensive if you buy now as opposed to in January, and then you'll know for next year (if you're still around then...)

I figure the fastest way out of Moscow is to spend 3000 rubles on the 2009 Sedmoy Discount Card. That will guarantee we get sent somewhere else.

Carbo
29-12-2008, 04:18
I figure the fastest way out of Moscow is to spend 3000 rubles on the 2009 Sedmoy Discount Card. That will guarantee we get sent somewhere else.
Be careful. I know it's only 3000 roubles. But the way the retail industry is going right now, Sedmoy might not be in business much longer.

I have heard anecdotal evidence of suppliers not selling to them any longer due to non-payments. I've also heard some stores are running not so much short of stock, but short to range and variety, if you know what a mean -- fewer products with more facings.

rosieredwood
29-12-2008, 12:35
I have never understood the concept of having to buy a discount card. The whole idea is for the retailers to entice one to frequent their shops, not pay for the privilege to do so.

thva
08-01-2009, 07:31
Be careful. I know it's only 3000 roubles. But the way the retail industry is going right now, Sedmoy might not be in business much longer.

I have heard anecdotal evidence of suppliers not selling to them any longer due to non-payments. I've also heard some stores are running not so much short of stock, but short to range and variety, if you know what a mean -- fewer products with more facings.

but I think that they are politically well-connected enough to be bailed out by the govt. - they are bailing out some of the bigger retailers, and I think that I read that 7th is on the list

MissAnnElk
08-01-2009, 10:02
Funny, I DID get the 10% discount by using my old card to buy the new one.

I also know that Sedmoy had some debt due around Christmas time . . . there were a few days where they had a sign up that said their credit/debit card machine wasn't working, but my theory is they needed the cash to deal with their debt.

Yeah, Carbo, I know . . . and yeah, I think it's dumb to pay to buy a loyalty card . . .