PDA

View Full Version : HRH Delia Smith

boscoe
26-08-2004, 12:15
For those of you who don’t already know this is a fabulous website from our own beloved Delia

http://www.deliaonline.com/

GreatArcticBear
26-08-2004, 12:18
I do rather prefer Nigella Lawson :)

boscoe
26-08-2004, 12:31
Delia in the kitchen, Nigella in the bedroom!

Random
26-08-2004, 12:33
Originally posted by boscoe
Nigella in the bedroom!

Your joking right ????

I'd rather eat my own ear wax !!

boscoe
26-08-2004, 13:23
COME ONNNN! she's HOT!!

boscoe
26-08-2004, 13:27
!!

Random
26-08-2004, 13:46
I'll grant you she isn't a BOBFOC ....

Just doesn't get my ducks wet all - sorry old horse

:)

boscoe
26-08-2004, 13:56
I'm sure she's gutted ;)

Random
26-08-2004, 14:04
She'll get over it !!!:p

Pingu
26-08-2004, 14:26
www.jamieoliver.net

...it would be shame to forget to mention this cheeky chap... :rolleyes: !

Random
26-08-2004, 14:34
I used to think he was a lispy twat but my brother in cheeky mood at Xmas gave me one of his videos. I will confess to having changed my view of the man 100% - he still grates from time to time. His books drag on in the pasta & bread sections ..but I am a fan ! Did his Mozzeralla & Peach salad on tuesday when I had a chumette over for supper.

Bigger fan though of Nigel Slater !!

:agree:

DPG
26-08-2004, 14:48
Delia - in the bathroom (scrubbing the floor - she'd be better at it than she is in the kitchen!).

Nigella - in the living room (looking nice on the sofa and purring - she'd be better at it than she is in the kitchen!).

Jamie Oliver - on the floor getting the crap beaten out of him for being the most annoying ""chef"" in recent years...;)

boscoe
26-08-2004, 14:54
I love Nigel Slater and jamie are great, however from the 30 or so cook books I had at home these are the 4 I brought with me –

Delia Smith’s, complete cookery course
Gary Rhodes, New British Classics
Sophie Grigson, The Complete Sophie Grigson cookbook
Ceserani and Kinton, Practical Cookery (this is the standard text in most UK catering colleges and has all the classics in it)

Andy B
26-08-2004, 19:04
I love Nigel Slater and jamie are great, however from the 30 or so cook books I had at home these are the 4 I brought with me –

Ceserani and Kinton, Practical Cookery (this is the standard text in most UK catering colleges and has all the classics in it)

Boscoe, I agree with you with Delia at No1. It is my most used cookbook of all time (forgot to bring it with me last time I went home though!). I've also got Sophie's G's "Meat Course" cook book... great for the Carnivores amongst us!

The delia website looks like a good substitute though.

Cheers

Braders
26-08-2004, 20:08

and to think he can't even cook a British banger to perfection ;)

Just jokin mate they were damn fine!

Smurfette
26-08-2004, 21:50
Favourite cook book - Nigel Slater Real Fast Food, great for good food in about half an hour

trebor
26-08-2004, 22:21
Braders
i cook for a living and my living depends on it!
Couldn't agree more about "Ceserani and Kinton, Practical Cookery (this is the standard text in most UK catering colleges and has all the classics in it)"
I've been cooking for 26 years and always have the latest edition with me. Its not wildly creative but its a great reference book for the basics. ( sh*t, how much sugar to egg whites for a simple meringue?)

trebor
26-08-2004, 22:27
boscoe
did you know Nigela Lawson's father was Nigel Lawson. Former Chancellor of the exchequor in the Uk and Maggi Thatcher's right hand man?
He took the steam out of the Uk economy in the late eighties with high interest rates and it collapsed. One of the reasons Maggi lost her job.
I hear Nigela does a better job with her souffles!

boscoe
26-08-2004, 23:37
As long as he's not watching as we're grinding the beef I'm fine with that :D

Smurfette
26-08-2004, 23:43
woah there too much detail...

Big Bugga
26-08-2004, 23:48
Trebor, whats the cooking scene like there in Moscow. I'm very interested, you can start a thread or PM me, or not at all, but it would be most kind to hear from you, thanks.

Bugga

trebor
27-08-2004, 05:03
Big Bugga
i worked in three different Moscow restaurants a few years back before taking up a great offer to move to Vladivostok, where i am now.
If you are a qualified chef its not difficult to find work there. Usualy better paid than back home and they usualy throw in an apartment as well. Its better of course if you have some Russian language but not essential.
If you want more detailed info. PM me

Random
27-08-2004, 13:29
One that will make Ned happy ...

Bill Granger

I have his books here (No ! I wont lend them so don't ask!!)

But if you like your food on the fusion side he is ideal - All recipes very simple & you can source most of the ingredients here ...all apart from Sumac (must look in Indian spice store for that).

Pingu
17-09-2004, 11:01
www.sainsburys.co.uk - also has a recipe section: http://recipe.sainsburys.co.uk/

85StonePolarBear
17-09-2004, 12:05
Originally posted by Random
One that will make Ned happy ...

...all apart from Sumac (must look in Indian spice store for that).

Sumac is sold in Ramstore (by weight along with tea and Turkish sweets at separate counter), as well as by many outdoor spice dealers. Indian Spice could well have it but I'm not sure as it is associated more with Turkish/Central Asian cooking.

plastique
17-09-2004, 15:54
AINSLEY FOREVER!!!

Random
17-09-2004, 15:56
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
Sumac is sold in Ramstore (by weight along with tea and Turkish sweets at separate counter), as well as by many outdoor spice dealers. Indian Spice could well have it but I'm not sure as it is associated more with Turkish/Central Asian cooking.

Cheers old bean !! Will look for it !

DPG
18-09-2004, 13:42
Originally posted by plastique
AINSLEY FOREVER!!!

How do you know about him?!?!?!

He is a cool guy - I met him once and he is larger than life off-screen as well as on - real passion for food!

Polia Ivanova
23-09-2004, 12:37
Keith Floyd

I was watching UK Food the other day. “And now we add some red wine” – frying pan catches fire “Oh! no! it is brandy again!!!” It was the first slightly pi*sed chef I have seen on TV.