PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G 2.2 version troubleshooting help

RRM
20-12-2008, 15:13
I had the Smart sim card what you slide it with your regular sim card and the iPhone 3G was then unlocked and working. Last night I connected the phone to my computer and upgraded the version to 2.2 and it does not work anymore. After reading on the internet I learnt that the 2.2 3Gs have a problem as this version locks even an unlocked phone and it cannot be downgraded to 2.1 anymore effectively. This is mostly for the 3G. Seems like a war between the breakers and Apple.
Found two websites which claim to have a fix for it but wondering if anyone in Moscow can fix it quick.

Qdos
23-12-2008, 12:16
After reading on the internet I learnt that the 2.2 3Gs have a problem as this version locks even an unlocked phone and it cannot be downgraded to 2.1 anymore effectively.

So you want to know how to load hacked/pirated firmware onto your Apple iphone, but haven't understood the original licensing terms you agreed with when purchasing it... :suspect:

Sounds to me like you should have done your research before getting all up close and personal with a ROM flash, because you may find you've boogered the ROM chip if the latest firmware has strong anti-piracy measures built into it... :doh:

RRM
23-12-2008, 14:28
So you want to know how to load hacked/pirated firmware onto your Apple iphone, but haven't understood the original licensing terms you agreed with when purchasing it... :suspect:

Sounds to me like you should have done your research before getting all up close and personal with a ROM flash, because you may find you've boogered the ROM chip if the latest firmware has strong anti-piracy measures built into it... :doh:

Nothing is fried yet, there is a smart sim that will be available next week which will work with 2.2. Back to normal, no more upgrades.

Artem2009
21-01-2009, 18:04
I have iphone 4 month and 1 month ago bay G1 (http://g-phone.in.ua/technical.html) Google phone.
After that i dont like iphone. It very bad phone.
Now weyght G2

:7534:

Qdos
21-01-2009, 20:53
Apple annoy me with all their own branding and exclusive airtime agreements, some would argue they've cut their own throats as their tactics are clearly designed to give them full retail price control.

I was pleased to see the French wouldn't permit them to launch their phones there until they agreed not to do so through a single airtime provider.

Personally I'd stick with Nokia for now, innovative enough for me, at least as reliable as anyone elses offerings too, and easy warranty service.