PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave??

Elisabetje
17-12-2008, 10:15
Hello,

I am currently working for a Russian company and next spring I will have a baby, can anyone tell me which are my rights??

- is there any compensated maternity leave ? if so, for how long? etc...

Thx for your help!

Reverend
17-12-2008, 13:14
Under Russian law a mother receives something like 6 months paid leave. There are limits, of course. In addition, you can take a 2 year leave after the birth and return to your same position.

But don't count on it. Also, depending on your contract and residence status it might not apply to you or it might legally apply to you but you won't be able to benefit because they don't care about you if you aren't a Russian citizen. (Not that it is different anywhere else but keep it in mind here since this is where you are.)

kebab
17-12-2008, 15:34
By law you are entitled to three years maternity leave and your employer has to keep your job open for you, but doesn't often happen

xSnoofovich
17-12-2008, 15:42
Under Russian law a mother receives something like 6 months paid leave. There are limits, of course. In addition, you can take a 2 year leave after the birth and return to your same position.

Six months paid leave up front, maybe some money to for clinics, hospitals, etc. They should hold your job for 2 years, but, you only get money for the first six months.