PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried to get a residence permit in Krasnoyarsk?

Pinocchio
17-12-2008, 00:42
I am a Brit planning to move with my wife to her home city of Krasnoyarsk. I have seen from the posts in this forum that this is an arduous task at best.

Has anyone tried to get (or got) a temporary residence permit in Krasnoyarsk? The first thing I need to find out is which is the correct OVIR office to visit. From what I know there are at least 3 of them in different parts of the city (and of course you have to queue for 5-6 hours at each before you can even ask if it is the right place).

Thanks in advance!!

alex679
17-12-2008, 17:47
Hi!

I just successfully submitted my documents for TRP in Yaroslavskaya oblast' and the process was made considerably easier by unexpectedly helpful staff from the Federal Migration service, who now are responsible for processing applications. So you need to submit documents at the Federal Migration Service office, you can probably find the local address of the office on Федеральная миграционная служба (http://www.fms.gov.ru/) - they should have a directory of offices located in the regions.

Also there is a telephone hotline+74956980079; +74956980078
Though as usual with these public office numbers, they are permanently busy.

Regards,

Alex

Sumarokov-Elston
17-12-2008, 23:40
I would presume that it is in the district (район) in which you are going to be resident, i.e. the one in which your wife is прописана. I presume you are living at the same registered address as she?

Pinocchio
18-12-2008, 11:34
Yes, we will be living at the same address in Krasnoyarsk (where my wife is registered).

My wife has found what appears to be the right location, they seem to do TRP applications for the whole city. I guess we'll find out for sure when we get there.

We went through the list of documentation that we need with the staff there on the phone (based on the very useful list from Surfsup37). They have said that I can get all the medical tests done before applying, even in the UK! Time will tell though, as I have seen others who have had test results rejected ... :thumbdwn: