PDA

View Full Version : Bush in Iraq - ready, steady, aim ... duck

Totti
14-12-2008, 22:38
Check out the speed of reaction here .. from both sides.

BBC NEWS | Special Reports | Shoes hurled at President Bush (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7782774.stm)

Judge
14-12-2008, 23:54
Oopps, didn't see this thread(started one in the cafe) Bush seems to be more alert than me..:10241::10241:

Albertina
15-12-2008, 00:25
saw it on CNN. wasn't Bush COOL and showed such a swift reaction both times - got to love the guy! Stayed cool and smiling while that idiot was crawling on the floor hiding from camera. Great attitude from Bush!

AndreyS
15-12-2008, 00:27
saw it on CNN. wasn't Bush COOL and showed such a swift reaction both times - got to love the guy! Stayed cool and smiling while that idiot was crawling on the floor hiding from camera. Great attitude from Bush!

Agree! Good reaction.

Can't help imagining Saakashvili in such a situation - he would definitely run for his life.

Albertina
15-12-2008, 00:38
Agree! Good reaction.

Can't help imagining Saakashvili in such a situation - he would definitely run for his life.

The question is what would have putin done?!

AndreyS
15-12-2008, 00:48
Patriots everywhere - take back your words.

Judge
15-12-2008, 00:48
The question is what would have putin done?!

Mr Putin would have headbutted both shoes back at the guy ,and knocked the guy out clean.It's all part of Putin's training..

http://ochevidec.net/pic/story/141/1.jpg

Green Tea
15-12-2008, 01:08
HAHAHAHAH!!

Classic!

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!?

What a chimp...

pjw
15-12-2008, 01:12
The question is what would have putin done?!I don't know. Bang it on the table perhaps?

Albertina
15-12-2008, 01:46
HAHAHAHAH!!

Classic!

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!?

What a chimp...

And your point is, if any? The chimp is the one who can only express himself by throwing shoes. Good response from Mr.Bush.

pjw
15-12-2008, 01:56
And your point is, if any? The chimp is the one who can only express himself by throwing shoes. Good response from Mr.Bush.

I love your attitude Alb. I hate Bush. Everyone hates him. But it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages and if we look at his reaction, it was cool, calm and collected. I guess he's got brothers and sisters. You know, shoes get thrown around. It's normal. God knows what happened to the poor brave guy who threw the shoe? Anyway Bush is married and, from personal experience, the air was often chockers with shoes and other unidentified flying stuff. Note no women at the meeting because of dangerous heels I guess :agree:

Albertina
15-12-2008, 02:52
I like Bush a lot. He is smart, has guts, humour and likes dogs. And i am completely serious.

pjw
15-12-2008, 02:57
I like Bush a lot. He is smart, has guts, humour and likes dogs. And i am completely serious.

Perhaps his presidency can be divided into before and after Gulf War 2. When did you like him more Alb? But I must say, respect to the shoe protest today. It could get alot worse

Green Tea
15-12-2008, 10:13

My god woman.... You are part of the problem.

elis
15-12-2008, 10:27
Hilarious. Even funnier . . . CNN's subtitles on the screen: "In Iraqi culture, throwing shoes is a sign of contempt." DUH! Like it's a sign of respect any place else in the world??

w.meijerink
15-12-2008, 21:42
It was much more perfect when he put up the shoes and put them back to the man.:jester:

AndreyS
15-12-2008, 22:54
Now the guy is in jail. Not good.
People demonstrate for his release. Good.

I remember how Bill Gates behaved a coulpe of years ago after smb had thrown a custard pie at him (it hit a lapel of his jacket). He remained poker-faced as if nothing had happened. Good! He just left the room and changed his clothes. Nobody was jailed.

Wodin
16-12-2008, 00:11
Now the guy is in jail. Not good.
People demonstrate for his release. Good.

I remember how Bill Gates behaved a coulpe of years ago after smb had thrown a custard pie at him (it hit a lapel of his jacket). He remained poker-faced as if nothing had happened. Good! He just left the room and changed his clothes. Nobody was jailed.

Excuse me?..why isn't it good? The guy should be in jail...in fact I suspect that he's lucky to be alive.

Irrespective of whether one likes Bush or not, an insult to a President in Office, which incidentally could also have been dangerous physically, is a serious thing.

With all due respect to Bill Gates, he is not the President of a foreign country.

I just wonder what reactions here would have been had it been Mr Medvedev who had shoes thrown at him at a supposedly secure press conference. I seem to recall, a few years back, when the Kursk sank, a press confrence at which Mr Putin was heckled by the mother of a dead sailor...the security guards grabbed her and injected her with some dope.

pjw
16-12-2008, 00:25
Wodin. A strange notion.
How many years should he get? Double that as there were 2 shoes. Really, come on. 1. You're supporting Bush and 2. denying right to protest. Is this really what you believe?:10475:

AndreyS
16-12-2008, 00:30
Excuse me?..why isn't it good? The guy should be in jail...in fact I suspect that he's lucky to be alive.

Irrespective of whether one likes Bush or not, an insult to a President in Office, which incidentally could also have been dangerous physically, is a serious thing.

With all due respect to Bill Gates, he is not the President of a foreign country.

I just wonder what reactions here would have been had it been Mr Medvedev who had shoes thrown at him at a supposedly secure press conference. I seem to recall, a few years back, when the Kursk sank, a press confrence at which Mr Putin was heckled by the mother of a dead sailor...the security guards grabbed her and injected her with some dope.

Hey, just a day before yesterday Pres. Medvedev giving a speech was interrupted by that (crazy imho) guy called Dobrohotov who shouted Disgrace! Disgrace! Stop constitutional amendments!
And what? He was just thrown away, (kept in police dept just for a couple of hours..).
No charges were brought.

Albertina
16-12-2008, 02:48
My god woman.... You are part of the problem.

boo, man.

TD
16-12-2008, 07:38

TD
16-12-2008, 07:39

TD
16-12-2008, 07:52
YouTube- Bush Dodges Shoes Thrown by Iraqi Journalist

RIKO
16-12-2008, 08:28
I guess one of the ironies of this episode is that had it been Saddam as the target, the shoe thrower would almost certainly have been dead by afternoon (and probably had his family rounded up and killed before his eyes too). Today one can express oneself freely in Iraq (albeit with a shoe), and get away with it. Maybe he should thank George Bush for that. Just a thought ..

BeachBum
16-12-2008, 09:54
Check out the speed of reaction here .. from both sides.

BBC NEWS | Special Reports | Shoes hurled at President Bush (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7782774.stm)
I would hate to be one of the guys on his Secret Service Detail right now!!... These guys were really "on-the-ball"!!

Imagine, a wacko has time to stand, raise his arm with shoe in hand and hurl it at the President and most powerful man in the world!!!

What if this idiot had more sinister intentions a.k.a Richard Reid the 'wanna be' "shoe bomber"????

... Yeah, Secret Service F__ked up big time!

elis
16-12-2008, 10:19
Is it safe to say that from now on journalists will have to remove their shoes before entering a press conference? I wonder if they'll get those blue plastic slip ons like you do at the airport.

is4fun
16-12-2008, 10:33
Many of the posts are hillarious, thank you. I must admit the shoe thrower did have a good arm on him and Bush's reaction was swift. Had I been at the podium I would've been nailed!

米乐龙
16-12-2008, 12:16
The shoe thrower couldn't have thrown any better than he did, who would have thought Bush had such great reflexes at his age. I wonder if the guy got his shoes back.

Green Tea
16-12-2008, 21:36
Nobody seems to notice that the Iraqi Prime Minister tried to protect Bush from the second shoe.

Oh, and the thrower has been tortured in prison already...

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm)

Muntadar al-Zaidi has allegedly suffered a broken arm, broken ribs and internal bleeding, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.

Wodin
16-12-2008, 21:49
Wodin. A strange notion.
How many years should he get? Double that as there were 2 shoes. Really, come on. 1. You're supporting Bush and 2. denying right to protest. Is this really what you believe?:10475:

You might well think its a strange notion.

In spite of that, I still think that it was a horrible thing to do. Besides insulting a visiting head of state the chimp who did that also insuted teh Iraqi host.

What's wrong with supporting bush as you put it? Actually I'm not...it's just that i'm not totally brain dead and i can tell right from wrong...

Yeah..well the idiot that did that could easily have put on a sandwich board saying down with Buish and nmarched in the street if he wanted to protest. Of course, if he did that, he would have been risking getting blown up by his fellow muslims ...but hey...must protect his right to protest.

As to how many years...not much...just a couple of nights in a cell...

Wodin
16-12-2008, 21:53
Oh, and the thrower has been tortured in prison already...

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm)

Yeah....by his fellow iraqis...it's an Iraqi jail...

AndreyS
16-12-2008, 22:14

Oh yes, we know how it works. Won't be surprised if he soon confesses to a conspiracy to murder, and gets 20 years jail sentence...
And they will perform chemical analysis to prove the shoes were poisoned. Etc.

Green Tea
16-12-2008, 22:31

Unnn-huuuh! :voodoo:

And I'm SUUUUUURE there wan't AAAAANY american presence in the room while the torture was going, RIIIIIGHT!?

Ceeeeertainly, NOOOOO american was standing there and directing the torture, Guamtanamo/Abu-Ghraib style.

:whisper:

MickeyTong
16-12-2008, 22:31
http://vash.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Anims/bushoes.gif

AndreyS
16-12-2008, 23:18
http://vash.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Anims/bushoes.gif

Your comment, Mickey?
Mine: Pres. Bush did well.

Green Tea
16-12-2008, 23:40
Your comment, Mickey?
Mine: Pres. Bush did well.

My comment: Bush is a coward, who needed his Iraqi puppet to protect him. Cowardly american Bush.

pjw
17-12-2008, 00:02
You might well think its a strange notion.

In spite of that, I still think that it was a horrible thing to do. Besides insulting a visiting head of state the chimp who did that also insuted teh Iraqi host.

What's wrong with supporting bush as you put it? Actually I'm not...it's just that i'm not totally brain dead and i can tell right from wrong...

Yeah..well the idiot that did that could easily have put on a sandwich board saying down with Buish and nmarched in the street if he wanted to protest. Of course, if he did that, he would have been risking getting blown up by his fellow muslims ...but hey...must protect his right to protest.

As to how many years...not much...just a couple of nights in a cell...It concerns me to see thuggery and aggression unjustly defended.

Throwing shoes is not thuggery. They didn't even hit. If Bush had thrown back - not a bad idea in my mind - you wouldn't have had a problem with him. Double standards Wodin.

So you're saying for example that because "he's a visiting head of state", makes it disrespectful? The Pol Pots, De Klerks, Milosevices, Marcoses etc love you Wobin. They feel safe with you. You're saying Hitler should have been respected because he was head of state, you miserable crawler. I say Let it rain shoes. Yes hat off cos Bush smiled, but what else could he do? The mistreatment of the shoe thrower by miserable thugs is the topic of consideration for me now. Gonna defend the torture of untried criminals too?

Oh you already have. I see. :9451:

AndreyS
17-12-2008, 00:43
Right now on Euronews. The guy appeared in court today and the judge is to decide if to accuse him of attempt of murder.
People of good will! You all saw these shoes flying. Was it an attempt on US President's life?

Wodin
17-12-2008, 00:49
It concerns me to see thuggery and aggression unjustly defended.

Throwing shoes is not thuggery. They didn't even hit. If Bush had thrown back - not a bad idea in my mind - you wouldn't have had a problem with him. Double standards Wodin.

So you're saying for example that because "he's a visiting head of state", makes it disrespectful? The Pol Pots, De Klerks, Milosevices, Marcoses etc love you Wobin. They feel safe with you. You're saying Hitler should have been respected because he was head of state, you miserable crawler. I say Let it rain shoes. Yes hat off cos Bush smiled, but what else could he do? The mistreatment of the shoe thrower by miserable thugs is the topic of consideration for me now. Gonna defend the torture of untried criminals too?

Oh you already have. I see. :9451:

What absolute rubbish. Do try to learn to read....you'll find it helps.

Get used to it...throwing things at a visiting head of state,...whether bush, stalin, or the effing pope is BAD! Period...end of. It's called CIVILISATION. Again...slowly...CIV-IL-IS-ATION. Funny it may be, justified even given that the target was Bush, but correct it was not. Whatsoever bush haters and assorted libyans say. Nothing at all to do with whether one likes them, hates them or couldn't give a toss about them.

It would, of course, have been different if the reporter in question threw a whole warehousefull of shoes at Bush the day after Obama gets inaugurated...

Throwing shoes at people's faces is not thuggery is it? How often do you go about doing that? All I can say is that if anyone threw a shoe at me...or anything else for that matter...i would probably get very medieval with that person's ass.

The only bit of the drivel that you posted that I shall answer is: YES, I would certainly have had a problem with bush throwing them back.

For heaven's sake...

AndreyS
17-12-2008, 00:59
Imho, being hit by a cake or smth is so inevitable risk for public figures nowadays...
But it's not very dangerous or even offensive. Personally, I would take it easy.
It's their job...

You shouldn't get so medieval on his **** maximum he deserves is a kick. ;-)

I remember German chancellor's reaction after being hit on the head by a demonstrant's poster (in 1980s). He just punched his face! Good reaction imho. CIVILISED.And what did his guards do? They just pulled him back from that protestant.

Wodin
17-12-2008, 01:11
...and I remeember the deputy Prime Minister of the UK punching somebody who threw something at him...Deputy PM lost almost all credibility and his seat at the following election...protestor got 6 months at Her Majesty's pleasure.

AndreyS
17-12-2008, 01:14
It depends...
Different things happen...

pjw
17-12-2008, 01:15
What absolute rubbish. Do try to learn to read....you'll find it helps.

Get used to it...throwing things at a visiting head of state,...whether bush, stalin, or the effing pope is BAD! Period...end of. It's called CIVILISATION. Again...slowly...CIV-IL-IS-ATION. Funny it may be, justified even given that the target was Bush, but correct it was not. Whatsoever bush haters and assorted libyans say. Nothing at all to do with whether one likes them, hates them or couldn't give a toss about them.

It would, of course, have been different if the reporter in question threw a whole warehousefull of shoes at Bush the day after Obama gets inaugurated...

Throwing shoes at people's faces is not thuggery is it? How often do you go about doing that? All I can say is that if anyone threw a shoe at me...or anything else for that matter...i would probably get very medieval with that person's ass.

The only bit of the drivel that you posted that I shall answer is: YES, I would certainly have had a problem with bush throwing them back.

For heaven's sake...We're getting nowhere fast arguing like this Woddie.

It's a simple case of you believe it's wrong to throw shoes and meanwhile think it's acceptable they broke this guy's arm and tortured him. We could argue about it until the cows come home, especially with your insistence upon hot-headed name calling you nitwit. I mean honestly Plato would be horrified and he was Greek. I need to learn to appease more.

Help me please.

Wodin
17-12-2008, 01:42
you miserable crawler.

First instance of name calling

Wodin
17-12-2008, 01:47
We're getting nowhere fast arguing like this Woddie.

It's a simple case of you believe it's wrong to throw shoes and meanwhile think it's acceptable they broke this guy's arm and tortured him. We could argue about it until the cows come home, especially with your insistence upon hot-headed name calling you nitwit. I mean honestly Plato would be horrified and he was Greek. I need to learn to appease more.

Help me please.

Here you go...I'll help you...

In the most simple of terms:

1. I do not believe that it was acceptable that "they" broke his arm and tortured him. Clear enough for you???

2. I noted, from the video of the incident, that immediately after throwing the shoes, the individual in question was jumped on and pinned down. While a sensible precaution to take...i just wonder how many of his injuries, that are now being blamed on the US by those with an agenda (when he's in the hands of Iraqi jailors) were caused by this event.

3. Plato is said to have been gay. Not that that has any bearing at all about the shoe throwing incident...but I just thought I'd share that little piece of information for what it's worth.

pjw
17-12-2008, 01:57
First instance of name calling

OMG Please take a good long look at yourself Wodin. It's complete hypocrisy.

You have stated that I can't read, inferred that I don't know what civilisation is, called my post drivel and used the name of the Lord's home in vain, stating "For Heaven's sake."
Read my question carefully and truthfully answer with full conscience. Would you like your arm broken or a pair of plimsoles chucked at you, you big baby?:Loco::Loco::Loco:

Green Tea
17-12-2008, 10:25
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!! :)

Annoying Republican Barbie Spokesb*tch got a shiner during the "Secret Service" tacklefest after the HERO threw his shoes.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2559/453044440066189471pi5.jpg

She good and well deserves it!

AndreyS
17-12-2008, 15:48
Today one can express oneself freely in Iraq (albeit with a shoe), and get away with it.

LOL

Are you from the Moon, Riko?

The guy in jail, with broken arm and ribs...
Confessed to a crime, pleaded guilty...
Now they are trying to sort out what the crime was...

pjw
17-12-2008, 23:27
Hey Wodin,

I respect you too much to be carrying on like this. We're just getting in a hole. Can we stop and leave it?

I don't wanna fight with you. It's clear we got completely different opinions and attitudes to this topic. As I said, we could fight until the cows come home. But I'd rather not :badclown:

Wodin
18-12-2008, 00:56
Hey Wodin,

I respect you too much to be carrying on like this. We're just getting in a hole. Can we stop and leave it?

I don't wanna fight with you. It's clear we got completely different opinions and attitudes to this topic. As I said, we could fight until the cows come home. But I'd rather not :badclown:

Thank you for stating that you respect me...but I don't understand your post..I had already left it, as you put it.

AndreyS
18-12-2008, 01:03
we could fight until the cows come home. :badclown:

Love it. When I was a little boy, cows came home after day's grazing at about 8 pm in my grandmother's village

pjw
18-12-2008, 01:20
Love it. When I was a little boy, cows came home after day's grazing at about 8 pm in my grandmother's village

I was a city kid. 15045 But I seen cows on TV. Purple cows. Don't know if it's true or not. I think I gotta watch more TV to get more info and learn the real world:-)

AndreyS
18-12-2008, 01:23
So was I . But I had a grandmother living in the countryside. She had a black cow called Saturday (named after the weekday of its birth).

pjw
18-12-2008, 01:43
So was I . But I had a grandmother living in the countryside. She had a black cow called Saturday (named after the weekday of its birth).

Well how about that eh? As I said I'm not up with this country stuff and farms etc. But let me guess, they were expecting the birth on the Friday and it came a day late right? ;)

AndreyS
18-12-2008, 01:48
Well how about that eh? As I said I'm not up with this country stuff and farms etc. But let me guess, they were expecting the birth on the Friday and it came a day late right? ;)

Could be. But no-one can confirm it now. ;-(
Boils down to deep history - it was in 1970ish.

pjw
18-12-2008, 01:51
Could be. But no-one can confirm it now. ;-(
Boils down to deep history - it was in 1970ish.

Yes yes yes.

You don't need to worry man. I'm 40 next month. I'm up on these times. These were my times too you know. In the 70s it was 100 years since they had convicts in Oz! Big stuff!

pjw
14-09-2009, 09:31
After 9 months serving sentence in a dungeon...........Baghdad shoe-thrower to leave jail as hero of Arab world (http://www.theage.com.au/world/baghdad-shoethrower-to-leave-jail-as-hero-of-arab-world-20090909-fhkf.html). Stay at home GWB, it's not safe to leave Crawford anymore dude!