PDA

View Full Version : bucks winner or spam victim?

Sad Radio
20-08-2004, 16:02
I know it most definitely is a spam, but has anyone received stuff like"You Are A Winner Of An Independant Lottery " whatever, where some Dutch Lotto PR Director says u just won 1 mln bucks? It's like - contact this address in netherlands blah blah blah blah. I just got one - confused....

DPG - I hope it wasn't u! No - I mean pray it wasn't u! ;)

tommo
20-08-2004, 16:07
There's an advert on Sky at the moment with this scam. They ask you for a processing fee to sign off the claim. Steer clear.

Sad Radio
20-08-2004, 16:10
dang! i just 2 messages in a row... the usual thing here i see..

Sad Radio
20-08-2004, 16:14
here it is below, just in case someone's curious or wants to get 1,5 mln bucks :D

what's that last line about spams?

DPG - any comments?

WINNING NOTICE FOR CATEGORY "C" WINNER INTERNATIONAL
LOTTO NETHERLAND IL/FLW/12-C033721192 :

It is our pleasure to inform you that you have emerged as a Category "C" winner of the International Lotto
Netherlands. CONGRATULATIONS! You are entitled to a prize sum of 1,500,000.00.Usd Reference number for your prize is IL/FLW/12-C033721192 , ticket number A/03-4912.

As a category "C" winner, you have been selected from a total number of 100,000 names drawn from Asia, Africa, Europe, Middle East and America. After the computer ballot of our International Promotions Program, only Ten winners emerged in this category and therefore are to receive payouts of (1,500,000.00 Usd) from the total 15,000,000.00Usd for Third category winners.

To immediately collect your prize, please contact our Category "C" financial handlers with information
below:

Mr.samuel jones

Financial Director
Global Securities and Financial Company Limited.
Nieuwezijds Voorburgwai 86
1012 SE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tel: +31 620 732 126,
email:samueljones200@netscape.net

Provide prize reference number IL/FLW/12-C033721192 and winning ticket number-A/03-4912 for confirmation. In your best interests, you must initiate contact within one week of receipt of this correspondence.Global Securities and Finance BV will handle all financial matters with regards to claiming your prize. You are also advised to send a copy of this email,either by fax or email,
to your financial handler Mr.samuel jones when contacting him.lawyer

You are to keep all lotto information from the public as we will not entertain cases of multiple claims processi ng or compromise the privacy and security for all winners.

Other necessary International Lotto Netherland information are:

Draw 1 number: 01-11417
Draw 2 number: 02-7962
Draw 3 number: 03-4365
International Lottery code no: IL56009

You may be required to provide any of the above information during the process of collecting your prize.

We congratulate you once again and it is our hope that you participate in any of our international programs
in the nearest future.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
mrs cynthia smith
Promotions Manager
International Lotto Netherlands.

Marre des Spams ?cliquez- ici !

Polia Ivanova
20-08-2004, 17:00
http://lottery.merseyworld.com/Info/Scam.html

I got a similar one few days ago

Here in the UK we have one bank commercial with a slogan "If you don't look after your money who will" and they feature these scammers.

Braders
20-08-2004, 18:20
I laugh my ass of everytime Citibank supposedly send me an email asking me to verify my email and details.

You've got to be as thick as a pair of Babushka's tights!