PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy cheap luggage/suitcase?

Reenie
10-12-2008, 11:13
Hello

This is a bit random but my suitcase has died after many flights back and forward from UK and here so I need to buy a new one.

Had a look in some shops here and the prices are exuberant compared to the price in the UK.

Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap large suitcase or holdall in Moscow (i.e. under 2000 roubles)? Not prepared to pay a lot of money for something that gets thrown about at the airport (maybe just me being a stingy Scot)!

Thank you

Korkelia
10-12-2008, 11:41
Under 2000 rubles? I don't think so, my dear Stingy Scot :-)

But if you want, I can give you my Eddie Bauer holdall bag. It is good, but very very big and has no rolls.
I think my dad got it in US some years ago. I have no use for it now.

MissAnnElk
10-12-2008, 13:13
Have you looked at Auchan?

I bought a set at Target or Walmart in the USA this summer . . . 4 pieces, with wheels, for $40. Can you muddle through until you get back to the UK next?

Miracle77777
11-12-2008, 02:06
I bought a nice and big one (black, wheels, with space-saver and convenient hand) few months ago for 2250 in russian chain "Chemodan"....or "Sumki i chemodan"....Smth of that sort...Its red and white label and located in a lot od shopping centres in Moscow.....

Also in Stockmann in that moment was a nice one for 2200...but smaller.....so I chosed Russian made:)

Good luck..

Reenie
11-12-2008, 10:17
Thank you for hints - I will try Ashan and Chemodan!

The last time I got off the plane in Moscow my suitcase was open when I collected it and the zip and pullers all ripped off so need to get a new one before I go back to UK (was very surprised everything was there!)

Miracle77777
11-12-2008, 12:04
Thank you for hints - I will try Ashan and Chemodan!

The last time I got off the plane in Moscow my suitcase was open when I collected it and the zip and pullers all ripped off so need to get a new one before I go back to UK (was very surprised everything was there!)

Its absolutely tough the way they treat our luggage.....

Once my friend was going to concert trip abroad ..do not remember where exactly...turkey, I guess....
And he wanted to put his Flute in Luggage!!!

I said - hey, man!! You are crazy or what? Can you imagine what could happen to your Flute after? thanks God its not an harpe and not Cello, not that big..and you can take it with you as hand baggage...!
:piano:

Reenie
11-12-2008, 12:47
Exactly why I am not prepared to pay a lot of money for something that gets thrown around an airport!

The first time I came to Moscow I forgot that I had put a bottle of very expensive rare Whisky in my hand luggage - got to the security section and realised that I forgot to put it in my suitcase that was already checked in. So I went to Boots and got a load of plastic bags and wrapped it round the bottle before checking it in to the hold as a fragile item! I thought there was no way the bottle of Whisky would be in one piece when I arrived in Moscow, but it was - a small miracle! I would never ever risk it again even though it made it to Moscow in one piece!

Would never put anything of value like a flute in baggage!!

[QUOTE=Miracle77777;471629]Its absolutely tough the way they treat our luggage.....

TropicalFish
15-12-2008, 10:39
There are some internet shops where you can find inexpensive bags, for instance:
Сумки на Bagsworld.ru - всё от кошелька до чемодана. Интернет магазин кожгалантереи. Розница, опт, пошив сумок на заказ. Чемодан Borgo Antico (http://bagsworld.ru/product_info.php/products_id/228)

This one is made locally and I believe the quality is better than the Chinese ones sold in Auchan. Free delivery. Good luck!

herald1973
15-12-2008, 11:01
I always keep my flute close to me. Never in luggage. I don't want strangers to touch it.

And he wanted to put his Flute in Luggage!!!

Reenie
15-12-2008, 11:36
Hmm I thought you were a player........

I always keep my flute close to me. Never in luggage. I don't want strangers to touch it.