PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend Russian for foreigners textbooks

TropicalFish
10-12-2008, 09:49
Hello,
Can anyone please recommend textbooks for teaching Russian to foreigners from beginner's level, and where to buy them in Moscow. Thanks.

Reenie
10-12-2008, 10:51
Hello

I have the following 4 books that my Russian teacher uses and can recommed them (been using them for 6 months since I started learning Russian).

Жили-Были 28 уроков русского языка для на чинающих учевнек - л.в миллер, л.в политова, и.я рыбакова (You also need to get the pink exercise book - but make sure only one CD - you don't need to buy the CD with both books as it is the same)

Русский язык в упражнениях - С А Хавронина , А И Широченская

ЕРМАЧЕНКОВА В С - СЛОВО:ПОСОБИЕ ПО ЛЕКСИКЕ И РАЗГОВОРНОЙ ПРАКТИКЕ

ЕРМАЧЕНКОВА В С - слушать

You can buy them all in Dom Knigi on Novy Arbat

Hope this helps!

RIKO
10-12-2008, 14:56
Hello,
Can anyone please recommend textbooks for teaching Russian to foreigners from beginner's level, and where to buy them in Moscow. Thanks.

This is one of the best books I've ever used. Not sure though where to buy it in Moscow.

Essential Russian Grammar - Google Book Search (http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=J8vT7C7AET4C&dq=brian+kemple&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=1XDgSj8w6t&sig=3bqkfJR6rITWoqnlUGy8T1BHzeI#PPR1,M1)

mosaikmum
11-12-2008, 14:19
A friend in Moscow bought me this book -

Книга 1, РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК - Для Начинающих by Ю.Г. Овсиенко
Book 1, Russian for Beginners - YG Ovsiyenko

ISBN 978-5-88337-119-5

I'm not sure where he bought it from - one of the big bookshops in Moscow.

I really like it. I've got loads of books, CDs and even a DVD, but I think this book is the best book for learning on my own. I'm sure it would be even better if used with a tutor.

VITOLIER
25-12-2008, 20:43
Try "Take off in Russian" with 4 audio CDs produced by Oxford University Press. Full mp3 audio available to download. Available in the UK at GB Pounds 26.99. or I guess through Amazon. You can manage to learn Russian without a teacher. I can recommend it.

ISBN 978-0-19-953429-6

VITOLIER

ele_naidi
11-01-2009, 20:50
Dear all! I'm glad to add this books: "Russian in an easy way" (for beginners) - Gulnara Useinova. This book is very good for self-study (it has english translation, it's not borring and it's content is close to real morden life).
"Поехали (Poehali)!" - Stanislav Chernishov - the book is good due to it's easy grammar way but it's really stupid in some dialogues and texts....
The best source of grammar is "Basic Russian in tables and diagrams" - E.V. Ross (it's a A4 format positive yellow color book). It's simply the best.
And "Русский язык в картинках" (Russian lang. in pics) is very usefull (especially for beginners)!

"Don't buy the book" Top (sure, it's my opinion but it's based on not only my experience):
"Survival Russian" - N.B. Karavanova. It's a very compact book, very attractive by the size but so dangerous... Full of grammmar rules with no (or small) explanations, empty texts and mistakes in translation!! You can use the book if you already have a good lang.base.
"Shkatulka" is again compact red text book - the reason for laughing for me and my colleagues (russian and native English teachers). it's an unearthly book (in English meaning of the word "unearthly")
And lots of other books, unfortunately... They can scare you better then to help. I feel the real shortage of high quality books even among of this 100 from the book stores....
The best (as for me) store is "Библио Глобус" (Biblio Globus) on Lubyanka m.station (red line). On the 2d floor they have the special "Russian as a foreign language" part.
You are always welcome with any questions (MSN)! Sorry for the long post... Just i like it!

ele_naidi
11-01-2009, 20:53
If you need internet sourses i can recommend some links))))))))

Nika E
20-02-2009, 04:50
I can say about

'Shkatulka' - textes are good (and some are funny too) just maybe not so good for work in a class because a lot of words already translated

'Chistaya grammatica' - blue book A4, a lot of grammar exercices

For revise your grammar is possible to use
CREF Exercices (but price is a little bit high) or for business themes also - Cref books. Also for business - green book in 2 parts 'Delovoi russkui' (if smb is interesting I ll find a name of author!!)

'Russkaya grammatica v kartinkah' - good book for understand some aspects of Ru-grammar