View Full Version : Procedure for exit/enrty visa under TRP

byrneofmoscow
09-12-2008, 18:02
What you need is the following.

1. Copy of a notarised translation of your passport
2. A xerox copy of your temp residency as in your passport and your new
registration as in your passport.
3. A passport sized photo
4. 300 roubles, (get slip of paper from hatch 2 to pay this.. see below)

Visit
УФМС России по г.Москве (ул. Покровка, д.42)

Go to hatch 2 and ask for a blank, fill it out, or take it away and
fill it out. Pay your 300 roubles at Sperbank. Hand back all the completed forms
and copies into hatch 2, ask when it will be ready. Usually 10 days.
Pick it up at hatch 3 in 10 days.

I applied on the 8th and was told to return on the 19th. They do not take your passport

Hope this helps

Proper Bostonian
10-12-2008, 09:27
Hmm... I went to my local office. Didn't need #1 - simply needed copy of page 1 of my passport. Also, I needed (3) 3x4 color photos. I was told it would take 3 weeks, but it took 4, so plan in advance. My plan is to always have one ready.

Visit

fill it out. Pay your 300 roubles at Sperbank. Hand back all the completed forms

I applied on the 8th and was told to return on the 19th. They do not take your passport

Hope this helps

byrneofmoscow
19-12-2008, 17:50
Update. I recieved my "visa" today 10 days after submission of documents. The visa states its a one entry visa. The duration of the visa is from 17-12-08 untill 19-09-2011. Which is the duration of the TRP, and can be used anytime.

exresident
20-02-2009, 18:39
You can always make things easier by copying / scanning the forms - even the payment stuff, just leaving dates blank. Make copies to use for future. I used to send my assistant down to apply, with a doveronesti. I'd always apply AS SOON AS I CAME BACK from a trip. Do they now really require exact dates?

byrneofmoscow
26-02-2009, 17:39
No you dont need exact dates, they will issue the visa from the 10th date of the presentation of the application to the end date of the life of the TRP

cookie monster
06-04-2009, 20:36

Visit

Hope this helps

Just went to Pokrovka Bldg. 42 this morning.

1. Ground flr, upon entering make a left and go to Window 2

2. Showed my docs to the lady
a) copy of my passport,
b) copy of residency and registration stamp on passport
c) copy of arrival/immigration card
d) duly accomplished form for exit/re-entry visa (NOTE: she accepted
all docs including photocopy of form.

3. She told me to return on 16 April, which is 10 days from today.

4. Good thing no more Sberbank, they now have a lady directly opposite
Window 2, that accepts payment of R.300 which she herself fills in the
payment form, I gave her R.500, she inserted the money into something
like an ATM machine, and got my change less R.45 (bank charge, I
assume) with 3 slips of paper.

5. Went back to Window 2, showed the lady the 3 copies of receipt, she
took 1 copy, returned 2 copies and told me see you on the April 16.

And all this took about 15mins, not bad in fact was abit impressed of the new procedure, especially skipping the hassle to go out of the building, find a Sberbank to pay the R.300 and return to Window 2.

thva
09-06-2009, 23:23
IMPORTANT addition to the list of documents:
It turns out that you also still need 1 photograph.
Otherwise, the info from cookie monster still seems to be correct.
Also, the hours of the FMS office on Pokrovka:
M,T, Th: 9-6
F: 9-4:45
W closed
and every day lunchbreak from 1-1:45 officially, but sometimes starts earlier and ends later
- also, don't count on service at the very beginning of or end of the day - but then again, if you have gotten the TRP, you probably already realize this!
. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/work.php) is the website, with more info in Russian about some things (although not about this as best I could tell)

thva
26-10-2009, 23:40
Well, I was not so naive as to assume that they would be open the full hours I wrote here (copied from the sign on the door, and also matching what is written on the UFMS website).
I figured that they would close 15 or 20 mins. early, so I rushed to be there by 5:30. And what I discovered is that all the windows were locked up tight - I was told that they actually work only until 5 pm, and 4 pm on Friday (also, the lunch break is supposedly officially now from 12:45 - 14:00). When I asked then why the door sign still said that it was open until 18:00, they noted that indeed the building is open for those hours. Not that any actual work could be done, just they are open! I suppose that this means that I had the right to be in the building warming myself from 5-6??
So I'll go back in the AM, and see if they really do open at 9 ...

euromark
29-10-2009, 12:39
Is it possible to apply for more than one exit/reentry at a time?

What do you do if you have two trips but less than 10 days apart?

Thx

Bels
29-10-2009, 13:28
Surely there is a maximum period of being out of the country. Perhaps three months in every year ?

SV1973a
04-11-2009, 23:49
I found an electronic version of the `anketa` for the exit/re-entry visit.
May be useful for some of the forum members.

By any chance, does anybody know the answers to the following questions.

What to write at nr.12 кпп вбезда ?
What to write at nr.14 the inviting party ? Should I write my home address in Europe ?
What about nr.20 and further ?

One of the difficulties of Russia is that even highly educated people have difficulties with understanding what information should be given when filling in such forms. That is probably the reason that there are filled in examples in every FMS office. Except for this visa anketa, of course.:evil:

SV1973a
04-11-2009, 23:52
this is the anketa

moscowbni
14-11-2009, 16:02
I found an electronic version of the `anketa` for the exit/re-entry visit.
May be useful for some of the forum members.

By any chance, does anybody know the answers to the following questions.

What to write at nr.12 кпп вбезда ?
What to write at nr.14 the inviting party ? Should I write my home address in Europe ?
What about nr.20 and further ?

One of the difficulties of Russia is that even highly educated people have difficulties with understanding what information should be given when filling in such forms. That is probably the reason that there are filled in examples in every FMS office. Except for this visa anketa, of course.:evil:

Leave it blank. This form is used for mutiple situations and some of the questions do not apply to you because you have TRP. That is what they told me to do when I applied for an exit visa.

SV1973a
16-11-2009, 10:44
I was just given the exit visum today. That is indeed 10 days after handing in the application, just like they had told me. The visa must have been ready already since Friday, which makes it 7 days.
Once again, this was a real piece of cake. In and out of the FMS in less than 15 minutes, with the new visa in my passport.

Some remarks.

My work visa was annuled, when they placed the new exit/re-entry visa.

I wanted to apply immediately for another exit/re-entry visa, but the lady told me that this is not possible. You can apply again, once you have used the visa and been out of the country and come back.
Apparently no big deal, if the procedure is indeed that easy.

I asked which part of the application form should be filled in by people on TRP. `You need to fill in the whole application form`. I still suspect them that they do not check the application form (perhaps except for the very first 12 points). I noticed I forgot to sign my application form the last time, and that did not prove to be a problem.
Anyway, I have the application form in electronic version, so next time I just need to change the date and that is it.

snejanka
09-12-2009, 13:51
Hello,

I have a question regarding the exit/entry visa, I have received mine in ONE page only in Feb 2009 and it is valid till Nov 2011 (for the whole TRP period). I will use the visa on the 18th of Dec and wll be back to Moscow on the 5th of Jan. My question is if you have also received your visa on one page in your passport. I am asking as I have received an information that some people get their visa not stamped on their passports but on a separate paper, green colour and the visa consists of 3 pages: 1 page for exit of Russia, 1 page for re-entry, 1 to submit for the next visa. My visa is totally different (pink-beige colour, one page, and now I am worried if it is a valid one (in case the rules have been changed). Please tell me how your visa looks like, what is written on it, colour, etc. Thank you very much in advance.

Ian G
09-12-2009, 14:08
Snejanka-
Please tell me how your visa looks like, what is written on it, colour, etc. Thank you very much in advance

Don't worry your visa is correct- I have the same- one page, pink/ beige colour, valid until (in my case) 09.02.2012

I have never heard about a 3-page visa.

snejanka
09-12-2009, 14:41
Thank you so much! And in your visa there is no information where exactly you are travelling to, I suppose...it says only "odnokratnaya", s.....po...(date/month/year), etc. I thought I should go tomorrow and check at "Pokrovka", just show them the visa and ask if it is the right one (although I received it exactly at Pokrovka in Feb)....and sometimes its better not to ask other people because you always receive different information and so you spoil your nerves quickly.

byrneofmoscow
09-12-2009, 14:53
You visa is good and looks as you have described. I have also seen visa in green paper form. I do not know how some visas are issued in passports and some others are given these green documents. One issue fall out of this which is your passport will fill up quickly depending on how many trips you take

SV1973a
09-12-2009, 14:55
Hi Snejanka,

You`ve got the right visa, a sticker in your passport. Stop worrying and don`t lose your time going back to FMS to make sure.

3 pages visa do exist, but you do not need one of those.
Last monday, I received my second exit-entry visum. The guy in front of me (not a European or American) received a 3-pages visa. I do not know why, probably because he had overstayed his visa. Anyway the lady at FMS told him he had exactly 2 days to leave the country.
About 10 years ago, I also had 3 pages visa. Until last year, my work visa was also 3 pages. I guess with the modernization of the visa issueing, they changed to the sticker system.

snejanka
09-12-2009, 15:01
The person who told me about his 3-pages green visa is Danish, has TRP and travels very often, his last Christmas visa is again 3-pages on a separate paper....I am Bulgarian nationality, have TRP till Nov 2011 and I have got one page pink/beige visa in my passport...it is also not clear to me why these damn entry/exit visas are different. Thank yo once again for answring my question, it has been very helpul as I am getting upset very quickly with such things in Russia...I know you understandf what I mean..:))))

SV1973a
09-12-2009, 16:06
Did he get this 3 pages visa here in Moscow ?
May depend upon the regio he resides in also. If he lives in another city, they may still use this `old` system.
Strange that you mention that the Danish guy travels often. TRP has the disadvantage that you need to apply for a visa each time, as it a single entry visa. I would expect him to cut down on travelling.

Bogatyr
10-12-2009, 04:39
Hi Snejanka,

You`ve got the right visa, a sticker in your passport. Stop worrying and don`t lose your time going back to FMS to make sure.

3 pages visa do exist, but you do not need one of those.
Last monday, I received my second exit-entry visum. The guy in front of me (not a European or American) received a 3-pages visa. I do not know why, probably because he had overstayed his visa. Anyway the lady at FMS told him he had exactly 2 days to leave the country.
About 10 years ago, I also had 3 pages visa. Until last year, my work visa was also 3 pages. I guess with the modernization of the visa issueing, they changed to the sticker system.

Exactly what is stamped when you leave and re-enter under TRP with exit/entrance visa? The passport, the separate exit/entrance visa, or both?

byrneofmoscow
11-12-2009, 15:53
I believe you are right in this case as the the green type does not have holographic security features, maybe this is the case. The person I seen with a green visa was a Belgian.

SV1973a
11-12-2009, 16:48
I believe you are right in this case as the the green type does not have holographic security features, maybe this is the case. The person I seen with a green visa was a Belgian.

A Belgian with a green visa. This is so surrealism...
I`m a Belgian as well, but have the sticker visa.

Dave78
11-12-2009, 17:57
My God, what is this thread about? I have a temporary residence permit in Ukraine and can enter and exit as much as I like with no questions.

The border guards even ask me politely if I want them to stamp my entries and exits in my passport because they are not obligatory once I have a TRP here.

Am I understanding correctly that Russia requires exit-entry visas for foreigners with TRP? Every trip?

Bogatyr
12-12-2009, 08:22
Am I understanding correctly that Russia requires exit-entry visas for foreigners with TRP? Every trip?

Yes and yes.

Dave78
12-12-2009, 09:24
Yes and yes.

Wow. I do suppose however that one can work full time in Russian with a work permit and not have a TRP, thus being freed from that visa rule? OR am I wrong on that?

SV1973a
12-12-2009, 09:59
If you are here on a work visa AND have a work permit, then there are no restrictions to enter and leave Russia.
However, the rules are tightening up, and getting a work permit becomes more and more difficult.
If you have the TRP it becomes easier to get a work permit.
Strangely as it seems, you still need to apply for a work permit after you obtained the TRP.

snejanka
14-12-2009, 16:58
This is a good question from bogatyr "Exactly what is stamped when you leave and re-enter under TRP with exit/entrance visa? The passport, the separate exit/entrance visa, or both?"
What exactly is stamped? Thanks for reply

SV1973a
14-12-2009, 17:44
Let`s forget about the 3-page visa... and assume that you have been given the 1-page visa-sticker in your passport.
Upon leaving the country they stamp on the page next to your visa.
When you enter Russia, they place the stamp on the visa itself.

phil
27-01-2010, 22:29
My work visa was annuled, when they placed the new exit/re-entry visa.

Anyway, I have the application form in electronic version, so next time I just need to change the date and that is it.

Did that mean you had to reapply for your work permit?

Any chance you can post a link to the electronic version of the form? If not, Could you PM it to me?

Cheers