PDA

View Full Version : Super Famous American In Siberia!

MELODY
05-12-2008, 00:26
uh...not really--but that's what all the papers say! i just found out last week, upon returning to moscow, that i am a "VERY FAMOUS AMERICAN CHOREOGRAPHER". i'd better tell my mother quick so she can brag to the folks back home. last summer, i worked in krasnoyarsk, siberia, and in early september, i teamed up with a wonderful jazz dance company, BALLET VALERY to teach a masterclass/workshop. everyone was all excited about taking class with "THE AMERICAN TEACHER", the foreign guest. (such things don't happen often in krasnoyarsk, as one might suppose. though it is a city of 1-3million, still quite provincial in many ways.) the class was a huge success, and being a state philharmonic company, BALLET VALERY gets a lot of press. all the tv stations were there to interview me and i was all over the news day and night. i was suddenly the toast of krasnoyarsk dance! people were lining up to take photos with me and get my autograph. they all told me how great i was, what a fantastic class i'd taught. i was a STAR IN SIBERIA! i won't pretend--I LUVVED IT! (it may not be broadway or hollywood, but hey--it counts!) BUUUT, not being a russian speaker, i never knew about my "beefed-up" credentials in the press--UNTIL LAST WEEK. while staying at my dear friend ELLUNAS' home, i had her google my name in russian so i could show her some pictures of the class i taught. she found A LOT of newspaper items featuring my name, and refering to me as a "VERY FAMOUS AMERICAN CHOREOGRAPHER". HOLY MOLY! not just famous, ellunas said, but the russian word for VERY FAMOUS. i don't know if i should pray it never reaches the U.S.---or pray it DOES!
THE FEMALE FOSSE OF SIBERIA,
BROADWAY MELODY

Judge
06-12-2008, 11:51
Nice one.. remember us little people when you make the big time..:10518:

MissAnnElk
06-12-2008, 11:58
Kudos. Well done! Yes, do remember us little people.

:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

pjw
06-12-2008, 12:23
:queen:Oh dear melody. I don't quite know what to say. We're all just so very very proud and happy for you. Wonderful news:queen:

MELODY
07-12-2008, 17:00
Kudos. Well done! Yes, do remember us little people.

:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

thanks, uh....what was your name?

MELODY
07-12-2008, 17:02
Nice one.. remember us little people when you make the big time..:10518:

(of course, my publicists, apparently, are FICTION WRITERS.)

by the way, do i know you?

Judge
07-12-2008, 17:08
(of course, my publicists, apparently, are FICTION WRITERS.)

by the way, do i know you?

Nope ,and you never will..

:vampire::vampire:

MELODY
07-12-2008, 17:14
Nope ,and you never will..

:vampire::vampire:

ah, shucks! and i WAS so hoping to reject you someday in person.