PDA

View Full Version : Temporary & Permanent Residency

colin
01-12-2008, 23:54
Hi to you all
Just had 5 hour wait at ufms office to put in all my papers for temporary Residency

And they did not like my police check this is right one from new Scotland Yard in London
They donít like text at the bottom of the form
It said This document does not constitute a certificate of good character

We had it all translator as the as it reads and we explain that this was check to say I am not a criminal and no police record
But they want us to change it

I have inserted the bottom of the document so you CAN see

I would like to know if any u.k. Person has had the same problem and what to do

thewanderer
02-12-2008, 15:21
Sounds like you had the same basic problem as the person in this thread:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-permanent-residency/109455-invalidated-police-check.html

As I recall they had their translator redo the translation to more accurately reflect what this means and they were OK.

darrel68
16-02-2009, 19:13
Hi, colin, may be you can help. I live in manchester England and wish to live in Belrorod, russia.
I do speak Russian and been there many times. But i do not nothing ofhow to obtain a temporary residence pass.

Could you please be kind enough, so explain step by step of how to do this. Please no abbreviations.

I intent to be there in September after i have sold my house. I am going to be with mygirlfriend who i will marry.

afcjungle
19-02-2009, 00:12
It seems that they judge papers different depending on the office... try another.

stevo51
15-03-2009, 17:52
tell me mate does an Aussie have to go through all this crap to live there a long time ive lived there total 3.5 years in last 9 years tourist/ business visas sorry iam sick of it all ---------i certainly wont go through all that crap there has to be another way ---------any advice guys?

Maybe i should stay and to hell with it all lol lol lol.

mitam77
15-03-2009, 21:55
I have got the same New Scotland YARD police check issued in Feb 09 - and was accepted without any problem.

(Anybody needing assistance with TRP please PM me)

Jobler
01-04-2009, 13:38
Hi

I will be applying for TR in the near future.

Just not sure: How do I apply for the Police check? Where do I obtain the relevant certificate from?

Thanks

Sumarokov-Elston
01-04-2009, 19:12
What does it say at the top? Is it:

National Identification Service
Subject Access Office
Room 350
New Scotland Yard
Broadway
London SW1H OBG
Fax 0207 230 2688

If so, it looks like the right one. I would get another translation, concentrating on the fact that you are "COMPLETELY UNKNOWN to the British police".

PS It must have an apostille, which you get from the FCO in London!

geoffgich
01-04-2009, 19:40
HI, If you have said . you have a GF here in russia. to obtain the Residence permit you have to be married first which will allow you get it quick and out of the set quota which allows only a select few pass the approval process.
In this regard you need before coming to Russia:
1. Certificate of good conduct(from Police).
2. A clearance from marriage office (showing that you are single).
3.Birth certificate.

Remember all these docs must be approved by the Foreign ministry- for the US it is state department. (that is a stamp is appended at the back of each original document and dully signed).

Then when you are here : arrange a cival marriage and get the( 4) Marriage cert.

When applying what will be needed is all the above, of course translated into Russian.

Plus:
5. Passport copy (translated) Visa Page and Facial page.
6. Departure card( one obtained at the point of entry).
7. Registration at the nearest police St from where you will be staying
8. Bank statement containing not less that 1000 USD ( you must open an account with a local bank).
9. Your residency acceptance document signed by all the registered person in the said apartment.
10. The latest receipt of the apartment utilities payment.(the said residency "host" must give this doc).
Aditionally;-

11. Health certificate( proving that you are HIV/AIDS, TB, STD, and Mental conditions--Free)

This will get you a Temporary Residence permit within six month, not less. So you must enter Russia with a longer Visa or just enter and do all of this which takes about two and a half months and then go out of the countly and renew Visa only to come later.

Ps

Hi, colin, may be you can help. I live in manchester England and wish to live in Belrorod, russia.
I do speak Russian and been there many times. But i do not nothing ofhow to obtain a temporary residence pass.

Could you please be kind enough, so explain step by step of how to do this. Please no abbreviations.

I intent to be there in September after i have sold my house. I am going to be with mygirlfriend who i will marry.