PDA

View Full Version : GPS System for Moscow

herald1973
28-11-2008, 21:22
Hi All,

I would like to ask if maybe somebody can hint me on a not to expensive GPS system to use in Moscow. I do not (yet) speak russian, and have seen some GPS systems that worked in English but did still have the maps in cyrilic writing. I would like to have a GPS with this option (maps in latin letters).
If somebidy could help me out on this one, that would be great.:10168:

Thanks,

Herald

rushan
01-12-2008, 22:45
I guess you should have, say, russian maps with english letters loaded in navigator like garmin nuvi or whatever. But unfortunately I've not ever seen those kind of maps.

Finskij Paren
02-12-2008, 00:05
Hi All,

I would like to ask if maybe somebody can hint me on a not to expensive GPS system to use in Moscow. I do not (yet) speak russian, and have seen some GPS systems that worked in English but did still have the maps in cyrilic writing. I would like to have a GPS with this option (maps in latin letters).

Thanks,

Herald

Try TomTom. They have maps in latin. At least the one I have.

herald1973
02-12-2008, 00:09
Try TomTom. They have maps in latin. At least the one I have.

I guess you should have, say, russian maps with english letters loaded in navigator like garmin nuvi or whatever. But unfortunately I've not ever seen those kind of maps.

Thanks a lot, I'll try to see for Tom Tom, I've seen Mio and Garmin that did not have maps in latin....

Herald

ESGE
28-01-2009, 19:15
Tom Tom works fine (brought from Netherlands with an all europe map), no issues with the map in Moscow
Send me a pm if you need details

vovik01
28-01-2009, 20:54
Hi All,

Thanks,

Herald
PM me. I can help you:-) For free:-))))

vovik01
28-01-2009, 21:13
If you can read in Russian, this is forum
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=3200f2c03dcf657785cfd0e92d117c22&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bgps