PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai

fenrir
27-11-2008, 19:41
The 'religion of peace' is at work again in Mumbai. Notice how most Muslim countries haven't even taken the trouble to condemn the attacks or send their condolences. At least Pakistan, Afghanistan and Kuwait have done so. Kudos to them. What about the rest?

Judge
27-11-2008, 23:05
I take it you don't use google news..You can add Iran to your list.

Carbo
28-11-2008, 00:33
The 'religion of peace' is at work again in Mumbai. Notice how most Muslim countries haven't even taken the trouble to condemn the attacks or send their condolences. At least Pakistan, Afghanistan and Kuwait have done so. Kudos to them. What about the rest?
Hey guys! This has given me a GREAT idea!!!!!!!

When a disaster happens, instead of trying to intelligently debate the subject or to offer respectful condolences, let's cynically use it as a platform from which to bash the people we don't like.

That's an AWESOME idea!!!! Thanks Fenrir!

Albertina
28-11-2008, 00:57
Or maybe we can respect the victims at least for a few days and withhold any vitriolic comments?

fenrir
28-11-2008, 15:47
Hey guys! This has given me a GREAT idea!!!!!!!

When a disaster happens, instead of trying to intelligently debate the subject or to offer respectful condolences, let's cynically use it as a platform from which to bash the people we don't like.

That's an AWESOME idea!!!! Thanks Fenrir!

Where is your debate? No one managed to get around to mentioning it at all. Instead, they were discussing the fantasy-idea of the US breaking up.

fenrir
28-11-2008, 15:48
I take it you don't use google news..You can add Iran to your list.

When I read the news and posted, those were the only countries I saw mentioned. If we wait longer, more will respond.

Farmood
28-11-2008, 17:33
hello

how are you friend do not worry soon this problem go very much far from many countries.

Wodin
28-11-2008, 20:05
The 'religion of peace' is at work again in Mumbai.

The religion of peace, as you put it, probably doesn't have much to do with it. I suspect that it has a lot more with the ownership of certain disputed territory and with the never ending tit for tat series of attacks by one community (hindu) on another (muslim) in India.

It may also have a bit more to do with a bunch of crazy fanatics who chose to interpret religious dicta in their own twisted ways rather than the religion itself.

Very much in the same way as normal people do not blame christianity for those sad individuals who attack doctors working in family planning clinics for instance.

Judge
28-11-2008, 20:21
When I read the news and posted, those were the only countries I saw mentioned. If we wait longer, more will respond.

It all depends from which countries you get your news from..A Chinese and Bulgarian paper posted about Iran and others a few hours before you made your post..
It's not important at all if you ask me..who said what and when..
It's a shame that innocent people died in all this mess.

Adamodeus
28-11-2008, 21:14
My ex girlfriend works at the Taj. She says the damage to the hotel is very extensive.

Carbo
28-11-2008, 21:36
Where is your debate? No one managed to get around to mentioning it at all. Instead, they were discussing the fantasy-idea of the US breaking up.
I would perhaps have debated you if you had formed an argument of your own. Instead you used a national tragedy to further your own, prejudiced views.

I'm still to hacked off at the Christians who bombed Britain for decades, killing innocent men, women and children and the Christians in the US who granted their leaders visas so they could go on fund raising trips to Boston, New York and elsewhere.

Consider that when you whine on about the religion of peace, you intolerant, ignorant oaf.

MissAnnElk
28-11-2008, 21:47
I know someone who used to work at one of the hotels, too . . . she says she lost friends/colleagues. It's awful.

Judge
28-11-2008, 21:56
I hope it doesn't kick off between India and Pakistan ,lots of finger pointing going on right now.

OuterSpace
28-11-2008, 22:00
It is a shame to see someone who taking advantage from this terrible events for express their hate to a certain religion..

You also making fun of saying `'religion of peace'`
What do you know about this religion at all
You should have been awaited more time before making this kind of judgment

fenrir
29-11-2008, 11:06
It is a shame to see someone who taking advantage from this terrible events for express their hate to a certain religion..

You also making fun of saying `'religion of peace'`
What do you know about this religion at all
You should have been awaited more time before making this kind of judgment

What do I have to wait for? A Muslim group took responsibility and they more or less stated their aim: that India return former Muslim lands to Islam. What else do you need?

And by the way, when you compare other posters' reactions here to how they reacted to the recent war with Georgia, you see a whole other side of things. There was lots of IMMEDIATE hate and condemnation, wild conspiracy theories (the so-called US passport found, foreign mercenaries, CIA and Mossad involvement, etc.), accusations of genocide (the death toll now puts this terror attack into some people's definition of genocide; i.e., 134 deaths) and not many people were telling the others to wait for more time before making judgements against Georgia.

RRM
29-11-2008, 12:13
hello

how are you friend do not worry soon this problem go very much far from many countries.

What does this mean ?

Gypsy
29-11-2008, 12:34
I would perhaps have debated you if you had formed an argument of your own. Instead you used a national tragedy to further your own, prejudiced views.

I'm still to hacked off at the Christians who bombed Britain for decades, killing innocent men, women and children and the Christians in the US who granted their leaders visas so they could go on fund raising trips to Boston, New York and elsewhere.
Indeed.

It was somewhat ironic I thought after 9/11 when the Chimp-in-Chief started talking about sanctions against states that support terrorism. Many, many Brits immediately thought - "what like the US you mean?" Thirty years of fundraising for terrorists who bombed, killed and maimed their way across Britain in the name of their god.And where were the words of condemnation from Bishops in the US? Perhaps I'm mistaken and that wasn't terrorism at all.

MissAnnElk
29-11-2008, 13:04
Indeed.

It was somewhat ironic I thought after 9/11 when the Chimp-in-Chief started talking about sanctions against states that support terrorism. Many, many Brits immediately thought - "what like the US you mean?" Thirty years of fundraising for terrorists who bombed, killed and maimed their way across Britain in the name of their god.And where were the words of condemnation from Bishops in the US? Perhaps I'm mistaken and that wasn't terrorism at all.

Wow. I never thought of this. You are absolutely right. We got a lot of brainwashing propaganda on the Troubles.

My friend who worked in one of those Mumbai hotels said some of the attackers had been employees there, too . . . this was in the works for ages. They demanded the registration cards of the Americans from the desk clerks (at gun point). They knew the hotels well . . . Gives me the willies.

RRM
29-11-2008, 13:44
The commandos were surprised at the knowledge of the attackers about the hotel itself and were determined fighters. Interested to find know where they had been trained.

Judge
29-11-2008, 17:26
Looks like it's ended now...195 dead.

fenrir
29-11-2008, 17:52
Looks like it's ended now...195 dead.

I have just read an article that states it could eventually go up to 350. May the deceased victims (including the brave Indian security forces who were killed in the line of duty) rest in peace, the injured ones heal quickly and condolences to all of their families.

Judge
29-11-2008, 18:03
I have just read an article that states it could eventually go up to 350. May the deceased victims (including the brave Indian security forces who were killed in the line of duty) rest in peace, the injured ones heal quickly and condolences to all of their families.
350,that's up there with some of the other attacks.
Mumbai can be added to the list of large scale attacks since the war on terror started.
9/11
3/11 Madrid train bombings
Beslan.
London Bombings.
and now Mumbai

I think it's high time that something should be done..Too much killing since this so called war on terror started... Leaders from both sides need to meet and form a plan for peace..

RRM
29-11-2008, 18:10
Some reports say that they were looking for American and British nationals.
Then they attack a Jewish center.
Then they say that this attack was a retaliation on the Hindus over the Kashmir issue.
Then they say they belong to a non-existent islamic group in India.
One arrested person that they caught alive was a Pakistani national.
They find another backpack with Mauritius ID.

Looks like a confused bunch.

Kvartiraokhotnik
29-11-2008, 18:10
Mumbai can be added to the list of large scale attacks since the war on terror started.
9/11
Beslan.
London Bombings.
and now Mumbai

I think it's high time that something should be done..Too much killing since this so called war on terror started... Leaders from both sides need to meet and form a plan for peace..

Too much profit to be lost for anything like that to happen....Unfortunately....

Judge
29-11-2008, 18:28
Too much profit to be lost for anything like that to happen....Unfortunately....

With the upcoming collapse of many economies ,this would be a good way for a few countries to save money.
This war can't drag on for much longer,we need some hope that the situation can get better.Hope for a change ,Obama did preach to the world about change.This is obama's big chance to change things in the world,release the US government from the grips of big corporations.

Kvartiraokhotnik
29-11-2008, 18:32
With the upcoming collapse of many economies ,this would be a good way for a few countries to save money.
This war can't drag on for much longer,we need some hope that the situation can get better.Hope for a change ,Obama did preach to the world about change.This is obama's big chance to change things in the world,release the US government from the grips of big corporations.

Time will tell Judge...

But with brezinski as his financial backer, I think its rather unlikely

RRM
29-11-2008, 21:56
There are countries that are isolated by the west, and these are the very countries that can help win this battle.

darthvader
04-12-2008, 09:47
9/11
Beslan.
London Bombings.
and now Mumbai

Actually, when focus is only upon a certain all-encompassing sociopolitical movement, there's been a lot of killing over the last 1400 years, not always effectively explained-away by moral equivocation either. This long before Dubbya, instantaneous global news, and violent spikes on the West's 20th/21st Century radar. Some things never really change.

RRM
04-12-2008, 13:08
Actually, when focus is only upon a certain all-encompassing sociopolitical movement, there's been a lot of killing over the last 1400 years, not always effectively explained-away by moral equivocation either. This long before Dubbya, instantaneous global news, and violent spikes on the West's 20th/21st Century radar. Some things never really change.

There is something common among all the above that Judge mentioned.