PDA

View Full Version : Russian Fashion ... where to buy

batman
13-08-2004, 09:42
I am looking for a gift and thought a Russian label T-shirt or something like this would be good.

Well, thinking about this and really start to like the idea, I realised, I do not know any Russian fashoin label/ designer and of course I got no clue where to buy.

Anybody could help?

Sorry in wrong forum ... Still too early. Should not post in the morning. Ignore this, will post the same in Information.
BTW: Any idea how to move the thing. I can edit, not delete and not move ....

Midas
13-08-2004, 09:50
Try Valentin Yudashkin or Slava Zaitsev. These are really trendy

batman
13-08-2004, 09:57
Originally posted by Midas
Try Valentin Yudashkin or Slava Zaitsev. These are really trendy

Yudashkin, I dont know. Zaitsev, I had a look. But I saw more kind of Haute Cutoure staff and I am looking more for younger/ hip things.
Rather a t-shirt than a dress.

polly
13-08-2004, 11:33
Russian fashion is an extreme sport, garish couture all the way. Good luck finding a t-shirt.

sfjohns67
13-08-2004, 11:34
Have you tried MeXX? They seem to cater to a younger set and their prices are a bit more realistic. Honestly don't know if their labels are actually Russian, though.

batman
13-08-2004, 11:42
MeXX is not really Russian. Something you can get anywhere in ... Europe at least.
I was hoping for some hip designers, having a small shop attached to their atelier. Something I can impress with. Its a gift. Want to show up of course.

Should be somewhere. Cloths are important to the girls here (and anywhere else in the world ...). Some of should make them ...

sfjohns67
13-08-2004, 11:50
Does it have to be a t-shirt? My mom-in-law has a friend in Orenburg who can get Orenburg cashmere MUCH cheaper than what you'll find out at Ismaelovo. And you definitely won't find this type/quality of cashmere in the US, not without spending an entire paycheck.

Let me know what your timeline is, though, as it could take a couple of weeks to get something here to Moscow.

batman
13-08-2004, 11:55
Does not have to be a t-shirt. And timing is flexible. There are birthdays, Christmas, Jubilees and many other occasions.
But is cashmere hip? Ladies, pls advice.

Sad Radio
13-08-2004, 12:15
batman - there IS a cool russian young fashion label - EXTRA. it's from st-petersburg, so that's the only place u can find it, however, i did see some stuff in moscow shops, can't say where exactly tho. also - oggi - that's just girl's clothes.

batman
13-08-2004, 12:24
girl's stuff is fine. Thats whaat I need.
Will try to keep my eyes open for EXTRA and oggi.
Thanks.

Sad Radio
13-08-2004, 12:30
there is an oggi section in ohotni ryad, one on leninski prospect as well - close to octyabrskaya tube station

Sad Radio
13-08-2004, 12:32
midas - don't tell me u wear these guys' stuff?

Kshisya
13-08-2004, 12:36
:D www.mayki.ru

http://www.mayki.ru/tovar_big/koshu_i_zabivayu.jpg

Ignia
13-08-2004, 12:39
Batman,

you might want to check this link (http://tvoe.ru/). - This is "TVOE" - one of Russian teenagers' most popular brend. T-shirts and so on...loads of stuff.

Good luck!

pengwn9
13-08-2004, 12:40
Oggi is Russian and reasonably priced but their sizing is incomprehensible. I have bought clothes there. Sizes like 170/84. This is nearly impossible to translate into American sizes. Better you will shop somewhere that does the S, M, L thing. Unfortunately no Russian clothiers have adopted this method.

Good luck.

Sad Radio
13-08-2004, 12:46
TVOE is an adapted american brand, not originally russian, can't remember the oginal name tho, but it's true

batman
14-08-2004, 17:47
Thank you all.
Will try to do some shopping tomorrow and see if I can find something.

Still have the feeling it remains difficult. Okhotni Ryad was not exactly what I was hoping for. Still searching for this hip atelier/ shop thing where young ambitious designer selling stuff which will be hip next year.

Maybe I go for cashmere then :-)