PDA

View Full Version : Argentina

Fatima
11-08-2004, 16:47
Does anybody here know anything about this country???

sfjohns67
11-08-2004, 17:12
It's in South America and would like to own the Falklands.

Maine Surfer
11-08-2004, 17:20
It has pretty good football team, economy is sh*t though

Argentinians don't fancy IMF

Republic
12-08-2004, 01:45
Was there last year in Buenos Aires. Great country and very cheap. Feels like a combination of Paris/Madrid and Milano. Highly recomended

trebor
12-08-2004, 06:41
I agree with republic.
I was in Buenos Aires in 2000. The most European of all south American cities. Stylish, with pavement cafes. Poor economy but you would never know it from the way the ladies dress.
There's a metro system too which is not hard to negotiate.
Great place to hang out.
You can take a boat to Montevideo (Uruguay) which is a nice day trip.

Fatima
12-08-2004, 10:03
Thank you very much!
I had a crazy idea of going there, as visa is issued within 3-4 days.... But I wonder if I'll manage to travel for 3 week across the country, if there are so many nice places to visit. As far as I understand from your replies, there's nothing to see apart from the capital... which is european style... also the weather is not very favourable right now as it's winter ....

trebor
12-08-2004, 11:22
Fatima
i have never been outside the capital but that's not because there is nothing to see.
I believe its a very beautifull country. Mountains and beaches. Beautifull sceanery down in the south too but very cold.
The wine producing region (can't remember the name) is well worth a visit. Get a good guide book and some research on the web.
Then when you come back tell us all about it!