PDA

View Full Version : Do you, guys, think...

eyecandy
22-11-2008, 00:30
... that girls looking for a language exchange partner are seeking for some sex indeed? :confused1: :9456:

hazelnut
22-11-2008, 00:47
indeed? :eh: what about men looking for a language exchange partner?

Strider
22-11-2008, 00:53
I personally believe that yes, they do

and maybe men also look for sex? :D

hazelnut
22-11-2008, 00:57
you've just opened my eyes. so, no sex - no language exchange?! :9456:

pjw
22-11-2008, 01:35
I met a UK expat - really he was such a total f.ing snob - and really he would have been totally UNpopular at home in the UK and completely lonely, but he was always arm in arm with some girl in the Moscow hostel there. I couldn't understand it. But hey good for him, he had his system, I personally find the whole thing absolutely disgusting. He told me, hey pete, you just contact the girls and if you see they're not gonna give it, and you can see this in the first lesson, then just stop it. He's not on forum, so I can talk about it.

But on the other hand, I wanted to offer language exchange in my town here in Germany because I wanted to extend my friendship group to include Russian people in my town. And to learn Russian. Because I'd like to meet more Russians rather than Germans. I'm gonna put the ads in the 4 Russian supermarkets here. Priority for me is to learn Russian, offer English in exchange and to meet some new friends. Not this sex idea. Really I think it's crude, base, dirty, disgusting and, maybe perfect for other people, but not me. pete

Mimosa
22-11-2008, 14:15
May be the case. Why not if people like each other..
On the other hand as Russian woman see no sence to look for sex with a foreigner only because he is a foreigner.. Do they have something extremelly special differing them from Russian men.?. Just greediness, I guess. Sorry if it sound offensive

J.D.
22-11-2008, 16:44
... that girls looking for a language exchange partner are seeking for some sex indeed? :confused1: :9456:

We can hope . . .

You don't sound offensive Momosa,
maybe envious, but not offensive.

eyecandy
22-11-2008, 17:04

oh, world's cruelty...
romance died before it was born...
should we bring some corrections into the ads?
smth like this...
"I'm looking for a sexual partner for a language exchange":duhhhh:
:10641::10641::10641:

MissAnnElk
22-11-2008, 19:27
indeed? :eh: what about men looking for a language exchange partner?

HAZELNUT!!!! You're back! I was just thinking about you yesterday.

Mimosa
22-11-2008, 21:04
I'd voite for open relations - if you want sex, just say it)

J.D.
22-11-2008, 21:25
- if you want sex, just say it)

You probably should have made that offer in the personals folder.
Anyway, please let us know how many responses you get.

Mimosa
22-11-2008, 21:55
Upss.. No, it's not kind an offer.. Just wanted to say that often people are hiding wishes trying to replace them with language-exchange etc. my idea was that it's much easier than we fair.. it's a common statement of course

eyecandy
22-11-2008, 22:26
Upss.. No, it's not kind an offer.. Just wanted to say that often people are hiding wishes trying to replace them with language-exchange etc. my idea was that it's much easier than we fair.. it's a common statement of course

Fine!
and put a sticky note on a forehead... That would make the things much easier...

:10806:

Judge
22-11-2008, 22:59

I'm sure 97.65% of the time girls are trying to improve their English when they post on this forum for language exchange..

Maybe some girls are looking for more than just sex,a long term relationship..No harm in it if you ask me..

''put a sticky note on a forehead'' or post here..
http://www.expat.ru/forum/personal-ads/

LanaM
22-11-2008, 23:15

I'm affraid I don't agree with it. I think if somebody wants to have sex he can do it with any partner, and it doesn't matter where he comes from.

quincy
22-11-2008, 23:47
May be the case. Why not if people like each other..
On the other hand as Russian woman see no sence to look for sex with a foreigner only because he is a foreigner.. Do they have something extremelly special differing them from Russian men.?. Just greediness, I guess. Sorry if it sound offensive

a foreigner who has a higher income (man or woman) can be seen as an attractive partner to the opposite sex in any part of the world (rich countries included). But sensible people probably look for interesting personalities not the size of the wallet. A native speaker might be assumed to have a better economic status (which may turn out to be false) but a useless personality and a useless teacher!

w.meijerink
23-11-2008, 01:57
HAZELNUT!!!! You're back! I was just thinking about you yesterday.

For sex???

Thank God :drink: make more good than women can destroy. :rules:

w.meijerink
23-11-2008, 02:00

You sure???

My dear close your eyes and thought about me and you............:ok:

But sorry I'm married with a lovely beautiful russian wife.:iloveyou::iloveyou:

agvares
23-11-2008, 03:22
I'm affraid I don't agree with it. I think if somebody wants to have sex he can do it with any partner, and it doesn't matter where he comes from.

thank you, Captain Obvious!

J.D.
23-11-2008, 07:38

not very discerning
surely you have some standards?

then again "he can do it with any partner . . . it doesn't matter where he comes from"
maybe there is a standard buried in there

eyecandy
23-11-2008, 09:30
not very discerning

then again "he can do it with any partner . . . it doesn't matter where he comes from"

Funny...:nut:
indeed, a friend of mine threw me into confusion by his close relations with a girl, who wasn't his type of woman at all (he told me that as often as he could...).
his responce suprised me even more...
Am I stupid to refuse from sex if she offers...?!
:10168:
Should revise some standards...:rolleyes:

Natkin
23-11-2008, 10:12

When I joined this site 2 years ago, my intro post said I am seeking the language improvement. Given that I am not exactly 'a girl', and happily married, and was preparing to take Cambridge`s BEC Vantage test, language practice was my only intention. But if you saw the PMs I got!:drink:

Btw, I got Grade B for my test, thanks to Expat crowd!!:beerbros:

MissAnnElk
23-11-2008, 10:55
For sex???

Thank God :drink: make more good than women can destroy. :rules:

Ah, Willem. I don't kiss and tell! ;)

But if you saw the PMs I got!:drink:

Ah, Natkin. Let's compare notes sometime! ;)

LanaM
23-11-2008, 11:57
thank you, Captain Obvious!

:)

not very discerning
What standard are U talking about?

thecrazyscotsman
23-11-2008, 12:33
:badclown:what is sex is that heard about it but cant remember. Mind you I am fluent in scottish if anyone wants to learn

hazelnut
23-11-2008, 18:30
what sex is? it's something like language exchange - one feels so much improved just after it :celebrate:

hazelnut
23-11-2008, 18:34
I was just thinking about you yesterday.

delighted to hear this, MsAnn! happy to be able to share myself with you

Ody
23-11-2008, 18:46
I think when people looking for language exchange its just a way to find a new friends or they don't want to waste money for personal tutors...as far as I know its 1,500 rub per hour))))

That girls who are looking for rich foreigners and top managers of multinational corporations wouldn't waste their time in the Internet )))))

MissAnnElk
23-11-2008, 19:07
what sex is? it's something like language exchange - one feels so much improved just after it :celebrate:

It's the exchange of something, that's for sure.

J.D.
23-11-2008, 19:18
This makes English teachers look like prostitutes.

But I guess that would only be if they take money
however if they traded for Russian or sex then I guess it would be ok.

MissAnnElk
23-11-2008, 19:22

Of course they aren't.

But I can't tell you the number of times I felt as though I was only of interest to the people of the country I was living in because I spoke English (this was largely in Asia). We used to dream of being desired for something other than our brains.

I had a girlfriend who went on a holiday to Thailand. She ended up spending a romantic evening with a handsome, young Thai man who didn't really speak much English. "Don't you want to practice English?" she asked at one point.

"No. Not really," was his response.

She told me later, "I was so excited! He had NO INTEREST in my mind! He wanted me for my BODY!" :mml:

J.D.
23-11-2008, 19:25
I'm surprised Bill Clinton didn't think of it-

"She may have been having sex with me
but I was having an English lesson with her."

hazelnut
23-11-2008, 19:27

I'm trying to visualize that sex-for-language exchange. what would come first?
:rules: or :asskiss:?

J.D.
23-11-2008, 19:35
Which comes first in an English/Russian exchange?

MissAnnElk
23-11-2008, 19:38

I can only think of this joke . . .

Evitatomson
23-11-2008, 20:31
what a fruitful conversation on expat site, when its about sex !
glad we are not only in book swapping!!! lol

Zyablik
23-11-2008, 20:45
what a fruitful conversation on expat site, when its about sex !
glad we are not only in book swapping!!! lol

Evi, right !!! it's very important part of our life !!!:inlove:
And I was surprise to see that eyecandy is a F !!! Great! :sunny:
I think this thread was made by man!

Korotky Gennady
23-11-2008, 20:50
I had a girlfriend who went on a holiday to Thailand. She ended up spending a romantic evening with a handsome, young Thai man who didn't really speak much English. "Don't you want to practice English?" she asked at one point.

"No. Not really," was his response.

She told me later, "I was so excited! He had NO INTEREST in my mind! He wanted me for my BODY!" :mml:I hope he was looking for something other though...

Korotky Gennady
23-11-2008, 20:54
I'm surprised Bill Clinton didn't think of it-

"She may have been having sex with me
but I was having an English lesson with her."
Was his native english so bad ? :tgif:

eyecandy
23-11-2008, 20:54
Evi, right !!! it's very important part of our life !!!:inlove:

And I was surprise to see that eyecandy is a F !!! Great! :sunny:
I think this thread was made by man!

just had some suspicions... wanted to be sure...:gorgeous:

MissAnnElk
23-11-2008, 20:58
I hope he was looking for something other though...

No. Just nookie. She was thrilled.

Was his native english so bad ? :tgif:

No. But it might have been an amusing excuse. Sort of. Or maybe not.

Korotky Gennady
23-11-2008, 21:11
No. But it might have been an amusing excuse. Sort of. Or maybe not.President Gorbochov had awfull russian too but he never tried to improve it in this way...

Gorbochov even didn't know where he should lay stress in the pronunciation of russian words.

hazelnut
23-11-2008, 21:32
suppose Russian. so?

bambina
23-11-2008, 22:24
Couldn't resist to leave my comment in such a "fruitfull" thread about language exchange, it totally changes my understanding of language exchnage :rules:. I came to this forum for the same reason lagnuage exchange :confused1: well, I thought so, untill I've read this thread :confused1:. Now I ask myself a question, if I have had sex with all the men (are women included :confused1:) with whom I exchanged language on this site, I should go straight to the thread we had recently How many sex partners you had and be in the first lines of the poll :groan:

eyecandy
24-11-2008, 13:17
Couldn't resist to leave my comment in such a "fruitfull" thread about language exchange, it totally changes my understanding of language exchnage :rules:. I came to this forum for the same reason lagnuage exchange :confused1: well, I thought so, untill I've read this thread :confused1:. Now I ask myself a question, if I have had sex with all the men (are women included :confused1:) with whom I exchanged language on this site, I should go straight to the thread we had recently How many sex partners you had and be in the first lines of the poll :groan:
Cool...
That must have been sex without phisical contact...
Verbal sex, maybe?!

I would better say oral...:sunny:

Ghostly Presence
24-11-2008, 16:56

That would be so dull! What about the timeless art of seduction!!?? :)

Willy
24-11-2008, 19:10

More like who?

I always let them first, I know I will.

A paid class is what 90 mins?

An exchange would take me much, much longer.

Like an intensive course.

We could start Friday night and be done Monday morning.

Sidney Bliss
24-11-2008, 19:34
Ah, Natkin. Let's compare notes sometime! ;)

Look, I've said I'm sorry about the edible pants / thumbless mitten thing!

is4fun
25-11-2008, 00:58
I had a Russian lesson just the other day but I'm afraid it was money not well spent. Can someone from this site please translate: Ooooohh, Aaaaaahh, Mmmmmmm, Auuuugh! for me please? My English Russian Russian English dictionary must be out of date as many pages happen to be missing...

MissAnnElk
25-11-2008, 08:15
My English Russian Russian English dictionary must be out of date as many pages happen to be missing...

Or stuck together?

OH! That was wrong of me, I know.

Carbo
25-11-2008, 11:31
You know, regarding this, I have a funny-ish story. When I first came to Russia, I learned only really the Russian I had to know to read a menu and order in a restaurant or bar, as well as getting a taxi and buying things at the local produkti. My girlfriend speaks perfect English and I had mostly English speaking friends -- either native or Russian nationals – and so I fell into the trap of being lazy about learning more.

After a party one weekend, in which people I hadn't seen for six months wanted to know why I didn't speak any proper Russian after 18 months, I felt so ashamed to be a stereotypical Brit and decided that I was also missing out on something special by learning properly.

So, I put an advert on the intranet at work saying something like this (names and places have been blanked out to protect the innocent):

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX and I work in the XXXXX XXXXXXX as an XXXXXX. Although I have been in Moscow for 18 months, I haven't learned Russian beyond the basics I need to survive, and am looking now for a native speaking Russian teacher.

I can either pay for this service, or offer an equal amount of English language practice in return for Russian teaching, but I need someone who can visit my office to give the lessons. Please email me at XXX.XXX@XXXXXXX.com if you are interested.

And bugger me if I didn't get inundated with offers from girls who were quite clearly looking for something more than language teaching. Obviously there were some genuine candidates, and some guys, but there was an innordinate number of femal respondants, and many would slip in reference to their age, send me photos, tell me what they liked doing in their spare time, or suggest that rather than formal lessons they could perhaps 'show me round Moscow' and get some 'practical experience' (both direct quotes).

I was astonished. And I'm not talking about the sad, the lonely, the ugly or the desperate here: the photos I got were from good looking girls. I spoke to one who was clearly very intelligent, and was also interesting and sweet. I mean, if you found this girl in a nightclub, you'd be ready to marry after the first date.

Amazing.

Why didn't things like that happen to me when I was single?

In the end I chose a proper teacher with experience and who was a little older (I'm a tragically moralistic sort who believes in being faithful if you're in a long term relationship, and I didn't want a babe who could distract me from learning Russian), but the moral of the story is that it's a great way to pick up girls if you're single.

J.D.
25-11-2008, 11:47
Well I only got one pm in response to my English/sex exchange, not including Natkins post. And that reply was just asking if I was getting any response. So it seems that the good ole days are over. I guess it's time to head East, to Thailand maybe.

young771
25-11-2008, 11:53
It Is Cold Outside.what Else People Have To Do? Whisky Lullaby.

Carbo
25-11-2008, 11:57
Well I only got one pm in response to my English/sex exchange, not including Natkins post. And that reply was just asking if I was getting any response. So it seems that the good ole days are over. I guess it's time to head East, to Thailand maybe.
In all fairness, your message was about as subltle as a tiger skin thong. It's not better than the tactic of going up to litereally every single woman in a nightclub and offering them sex.

Remember what Al PAcino said in the Devil's Advocate:

There's this beautiful girl I just scr*wed forty ways from Sunday. We done and she's walking to the bathroom -- well, she's trying to walk -- and she turns round and looks at me. It's me. It's not the Trojan army that f*****d her, but just l'l ol' me. And she has this look on her face like: "How the hell did that happen?" That's the trick, they never see me comin'.

J.D.
25-11-2008, 12:11
The results of our two 'experiments' suggests that Russsian girls are not just a bunch of tramps as some have suggested.
No surprise to me. I didn't expect to get any response to my post, but I did expect to get some nasty pm's condeming me for it which I didn't get either.

MissAnnElk
25-11-2008, 12:45
The results of our two 'experiments' suggests that Russsian girls are not just a bunch of tramps as some have suggested.
No surprise to me. I didn't expect to get any response to my post, but I did expect to get some nasty pm's condeming me for it which I didn't get either.

I thought you were being funny.

As for Russian girls . . . it would be a good way to meet people. I'd be curious what sort of response one would get in the US (forgetting that, as a group, we don't speak other languages).

J.D.
25-11-2008, 12:58
I also thought I was being funny, but experience has taught me that many people don't share my sense of humor.

fg001
25-11-2008, 16:21

One of my English teachers told that he was "linguistitute" (linguistic prostitute) = person who speaks with people for money :)
I've always liked his sense of humor... It really helped to learn the language;)

Willy
25-11-2008, 18:55
One of my English teachers told that he was "linguistitute" (linguistic prostitute) = person who speaks with people for money :)
I've always liked his sense of humor... It really helped to learn the language;)

We're all protitutes don't kid yourself.

One told me she would do anything for $50!

I said okay, paint my house.

MissAnnElk
25-11-2008, 20:56

I always used the term "English whore." But your term is classier.

Carbo
25-11-2008, 23:21
I always used the term "English whore." But your term is classier.
Oh, Ann, you're such a potty mouth.

Zhenulka
26-11-2008, 20:29
... or suggest that rather than formal lessons they could perhaps 'show me round Moscow' and get some 'practical experience' (both direct quotes).

Hmm, :eh: I never thought that expressions "show you around Moscow" and "get practical experience" were synonymous exclusively with "let's have sex". Thanks for opening my eyes, Carbo. From now on I will use them more selectively. After all, I can't make promises I cannot keep.

On the other hand... :rolleyes: they will make my life a lot easier saving from the embarrassement of a straightfoward suggestion and ambiguity of indirect hints. Next time I want to have sex with a stranger I'll say "show me around Moscow". :vampire:

MissAnnElk
26-11-2008, 20:34
Oh, Ann, you're such a potty mouth.

Yeah. My mom is so proud.

eyecandy
28-11-2008, 19:18
I was astonished. And I'm not talking about the sad, the lonely, the ugly or the desperate here: the photos I got were from good looking girls. I spoke to one who was clearly very intelligent, and was also interesting and sweet. I mean, if you found this girl in a nightclub, you'd be ready to marry after the first date.

Amazing.

Why didn't things like that happen to me when I was single?

Maybe because this type of girls are not that habitual for nightclubs? :rolleyes:
Only arrive there escorted ...:iloveyou::cussing: And go there to have fun and get clear of negative emotions, but not to meet a new boyfriend...

eyecandy
28-11-2008, 19:26
More like who?

I always let them first, I know I will.

A paid class is what 90 mins?

An exchange would take me much, much longer.

Like an intensive course.

We could start Friday night and be done Monday morning.

I'd rather have a normal length course... Consider "courses" shorter than 6 months to be wasting of time and money. ;)
besides, always need some time to get used to a new "teacher"

eyecandy
28-11-2008, 19:50
I had a Russian lesson just the other day but I'm afraid it was money not well spent. Can someone from this site please translate: Ooooohh, Aaaaaahh, Mmmmmmm, Auuuugh! for me please? My English Russian Russian English dictionary must be out of date as many pages happen to be missing...

Were you having your lesson just the next storey to mine? :suspect:
Could you be as kind as to enlighten us what were you doing exactly when these sounds came into the world?:gorgeous:

J.D.
28-11-2008, 19:52
I'd rather have a normal length course... Consider "courses" shorter than 6 months to be wasting of time and money. :nono:
SIX MONTHS
That's practically married!

Albertina
28-11-2008, 19:54

it's the other way around.

eyecandy
28-11-2008, 20:04
SIX MONTHS
That's practically married!

nor, usually have an eager desire during that time...

But if more than six month, than its practically married, I guess... Can't be sure though, I mostly dissapear on the 181 day, anyway...:tgif:

eyecandy
28-11-2008, 20:07
it's the other way around.

can't get your idea. Could you explain ,pls?

Albertina
28-11-2008, 20:08
girls who are going for sex are really looking for language exchange :evil:

eyecandy
28-11-2008, 20:27
That's the trick, they never see me comin'.[/FONT][/INDENT]

Could anybody explain what does it mean? I seem to have spent too much time trying to understand that... I don't complain, though, as I've had very colorful dreams over the past few nites...:question:

Kraven Morehead
29-11-2008, 03:55
Problem is that most people are willing to help someone, but when they expect to visit every week for two hours so they can have lessons. Well my time is more valuable than to throw away to someone who wants to use me, telling me to FO when they are through.
Someone might stop to help a lady carry her groceries, but not to take them home, cook the dinner, wash dishes and kicked out like garbage.
Who is going to respond the ad? Single Men and women. What married or in relationship man would volunteer such great time. Can you imagine if you told your fiancee that you are going to visit a beautiful brunette woman every week to give 2 hours of English. I would have to visit the proctologist to remove the stiletto out of my ass. Especially Russian women are even more jealous.

So that leaves just single guys and women. Women, see the comment on jealousy. So that leaves single guys. What do single guys want?

Unfortunately it is true.
There is nice single guys who love to help, but first they have limited amount of time, second if you offered to help every person who wants these lessons, then you will not even have time to think. especially many will just friends, get their fill of lessons and leave.

Myself, this is how I put. If we have mutual interests and you look someone that can be a good friend, then I will try to help you. Also, I have been helping the person and they also expect me to buy them lunch or drinks. I like to help, but I do not want to used.

There is many expat events in which you meet many English speakers from around the world with the varied dialects. You have an opportunity to meet many people and try your new skills. There is many guys/girls who will help you and will be in a social atmosphere and not just one guy trying to get into your panties.

hazelnut
29-11-2008, 12:27
Can't be sure though, I mostly dissapear on the 181 day, anyway...:tgif:

for another teacher or you just give up studying at all? :)

Gypsy
29-11-2008, 12:36
Eyecandy-you see your first mistake was in the title; "do you guys think?"

Guys? Think? Duh!

Zhenulka
29-11-2008, 14:02
Guys? Think? Duh!

Is it your natural modesty or are you fishing for a compliment?

Gypsy
29-11-2008, 14:46
Is it your natural modesty or are you fishing for a compliment?
It's my natural modesty - I am far and away the most modest man on the planet. :)

But compliments are always welcome.

Zhenulka
29-11-2008, 14:54
It's my natural modesty - I am far and away the most modest man on the planet. :)

Modesty is where your charm lies in.

You may take it as a compliment if you wish. :ok:

Gypsy
29-11-2008, 15:39
Modesty is where your charm lies in.

You may take it as a compliment if you wish. :ok:
Thank you dear lady-you are too kind.

VixiT
30-11-2008, 04:28
Many many Russian girls looking for foreigners for sex or for marrige. :9456::9456:
Therefore many foreigners perceive dialogue with Russian girls like the offer of sex. :happymad: I loking for foreigners for practice of language. and it is very difficult to find them for it. Everybody think that I want to find the sexual partner:nut::nut:

Kraven Morehead
30-11-2008, 05:12
Many many Russian girls looking for foreigners for sex or for marrige. :9456::9456:
Therefore many foreigners perceive dialogue with Russian girls like the offer of sex. :happymad: I loking for foreigners for practice of language. and it is very difficult to find them for it. Everybody think that I want to find the sexual partner:nut::nut:
Would you give 2 hours of your week to total stranger for nothing?
I am not saying that I would looking for sex from someone, but I rather help a charity or spend time for worthy cause, then just help one individual to learn English.
I am trying to learn Russian in Canada and I do not hang around my Russian friends asking them for lessons. I know they are busy with family, friends and work. And they are friends, not strangers. So any decent guy will be doing the same by generate moneys for worthy charities. Other who may not be generous are going to look for something in return. Plus an expat life can be a hellish more busy with not only your adaption to the culture, but maybe your spouse and kids. Then we get told that we are bunch dinks, because we don't drop our lives to help single person who wants English lessons for free.
I like you to answer this question. Why would a person give free lessons with his/her time to single individual who is a stranger when they can do good with charities, have more fun with friends, or spend time with family.:question: Can you imagine in the reverse if you were in Pakistan and everyone was asking you for Russian lesson? Would you give the lessons to them?

I am not sure when I will return to Moscow, economy is horrible,but I have stated that I will help people with English if they help a local charity so the truly needy get some attention. Or you can hang out with while I meet some friends. Else why don't you attend events that English speakers attend so you can befriend some of them and maybe they will help you.

Gypsy
30-11-2008, 11:49
Would you give 2 hours of your week to total stranger for nothing? Well, yes, actually.

I am not saying that I would looking for sex from someone, but I rather help a charity or spend time for worthy cause, then just help one individual to learn English.
I am trying to learn Russian in Canada and I do not hang around my Russian friends asking them for lessons. I know they are busy with family, friends and work. And they are friends, not strangers. So any decent guy will be doing the same by generate moneys for worthy charities. Other who may not be generous are going to look for something in return. Plus an expat life can be a hellish more busy with not only your adaption to the culture, but maybe your spouse and kids. Then we get told that we are bunch dinks, because we don't drop our lives to help single person who wants English lessons for free.
I like you to answer this question. Why would a person give free lessons with his/her time to single individual who is a stranger when they can do good with charities, have more fun with friends, or spend time with family. Because it is a nice thing to do?

Can you imagine in the reverse if you were in Pakistan and everyone was asking you for Russian lesson? Would you give the lessons to them? Again, Yes..

I am not sure when I will return to Moscow, economy is horrible,but I have stated that I will help people with English if they help a local charity so the truly needy get some attention. Or you can hang out with while I meet some friends. Else why don't you attend events that English speakers attend so you can befriend some of them and maybe they will help you.

Hanging out with English speakers is the best bet.

VixiT
01-12-2008, 10:51
Would you give 2 hours of your week to total stranger for nothing?
Why for nothing???? For example i want to watch some movie. And i have a choise:
1. do this with my russians friends in russian language
OR
2. do this with my english speaker freinds in english.
If i want to learn language i'll take second. What's a problem? And the stranger can will stay my friend i mean why not? But usually they're think what i wanna sex or relationships. But i don't search that. And this is a problem.

Sidney Bliss
01-12-2008, 19:22

But compliments are always welcome.

Your socks are lovely and I'd never have guessed you'd had a facelift, 'til the lights came on at closing time.

Gypsy
01-12-2008, 20:09
Your socks are lovely and I'd never have guessed you'd had a facelift, 'til the lights came on at closing time.
Well I had had a lot to drink.

Sidney.That's very nearly the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

It's not true what they say about you.

Kraven Morehead
01-12-2008, 22:51
Why for nothing???? For example i want to watch some movie. And i have a choise:
1. do this with my russians friends in russian language
OR
2. do this with my english speaker freinds in english.
If i want to learn language i'll take second. What's a problem? And the stranger can will stay my friend i mean why not? But usually they're think what i wanna sex or relationships. But i don't search that. And this is a problem.

Again, I stated if you want to hang out and do things, then it is different. But many are looking for free lessons. I do not why people just to go events and meet people who speak English and develop a friendship from there.
I think events win which people who exchange lessons. Then it is not as uncomfortable to find out the guys is just staring at your tits and asking your perverse questions. Or my case I had some lady who just wanted to learn English and did not help me in learning Russian.

My suggestion is that someone should organize a function in which people can meet each other informally in a group and see if there is a connection.

Gypsy
01-12-2008, 23:36
These functions already happen twice a week anyway.

Evitatomson
02-12-2008, 12:18
one thing surprises me, whatever expat group there is in Moscow it surely consists of older English speaking men and young Russian girls/students. some of the clubs are simply based as Russian women clubs. no harm exchanging the language, everybody is welcome, even sex exchange is good, we all need it !
( by the way even after 40ties people still have sex if anyone doubts) just wonder how many expat FEMALES, I i mean professionally working women 30-50, are in Moscow and where are they? knitting and cooking at home?

tzaritsa
02-12-2008, 13:07
I'd voite for open relations - if you want sex, just say it)

Mimosa,and what about intrigue?;)Life is not interesting if things are simple and direct,should be a mistery (Lol!)

tzaritsa
02-12-2008, 13:34

It depends on your opinion and emotions of the "teacher".Sometimes its sex and ...sex(sex,sex...),sometimes its sex and language and sometimes its no language exchange even

adamst56
02-12-2008, 16:55
This thread is starting to deteriorate :redcard:
Why is it that women prefer to just treat men as a piece of meat. Nothing more than a sexual object :nono:
We are principally caring individuals with a deep sensitivity and a undying desire to listen to the tribulations & challenges that the opposite gender (I dare not write 'sex') are faced with on a daily basis :11629:

So if you want to just talk, I am here to listen (in English of course) :whisper:

Peter Ellis
13-12-2008, 12:23
Ignoring the sex issue ... what has been the experience of ex pats doing a language exchange ... as a language exchange? I need it quickly for a newspaper story.

Actually, my experience of language exchange has been excellent but I can't quote myself!

Oh ... and the age difference between me and my teacher is too great for sex ever to be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

MickeyTong
13-12-2008, 19:14
Sex? Isn't that what Sarth Efricans put coal in?

Zhenulka
13-12-2008, 21:14
We are principally caring individuals with a deep sensitivity and a undying desire to listen to the tribulations & challenges that the opposite gender (I dare not write 'sex') are faced with on a daily basis :11629:

So if you want to just talk, I am here to listen (in English of course) :whisper:

:9456: Do you fully realize the consequences of what you have written, Adamst? On the strength of this invitation I am ready to start as of tomorrow.
But please don't complain of your lot later. You've asked for it.

Kraven Morehead
14-12-2008, 04:13
This thread is starting to deteriorate :redcard:
Why is it that women prefer to just treat men as a piece of meat. Nothing more than a sexual object :nono:

Trust I know many women including a couple of ex GFs, ( I usually stay friends with them, but not these two).

I know many ladies that need daily manicures, because they ware them down digging for gold. There is just as many men who are willing to give the gold to dip the wick. There is no universal truth for women as for there is no universal truth about men. People should be treated as how they act, not just because of certain gender. This is the truth, not the BS from Oprah or DR Phil.

You earn and lose respect, it is just not given or taken away. We are owed nothing, but what we earn.

Sorry for my Candidate response, but I am listening to the Dead Kennedy's

Kraven Morehead
14-12-2008, 04:18
Ignoring the sex issue ... what has been the experience of ex pats doing a language exchange ... as a language exchange? I need it quickly for a newspaper story.

Actually, my experience of language exchange has been excellent but I can't quote myself!

Oh ... and the age difference between me and my teacher is too great for sex ever to be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Never had a problem.
I was helping a young Ukrainian guy, but there is was an American Soldat with me who not shut up so that the guy could speak.

I have visited Universities and spoke at an English class and was often invited back, but I kept atmosphere social and encourage them to participate.

But for me as an exchange, I find it more that I help them, but little language was given back. Difference is that they need it for work and i don't.

ballbon
08-02-2009, 17:42
hmmmm I agree with you. But I think you may have missed the point of the conversation of this thread.