View Full Version : Aids Certificate Needed For British?

19-11-2008, 17:02
I work for a British Rep Company in Moscow and hold a British Passport.

I have worked for this Company for 3 years.

Upon submitting my documents to a visa agent for a yearly renewal -she said I need to obtain an AIDS certificate.

Is this correct? As I have not needed this in the past.

19-11-2008, 17:06
yes it is true, if you spend in Russia more then 3 months working you need HIV certificate. I did mine just before coming over here, but i am not sure how long it is valid.
Read the business visa and work permit rules on Russian consulate website.

19-11-2008, 21:48
All depends really.. If your legally employed and your company is allowed a work permit for you thus by passing the 90/180 day rule then yes you'll need a HIV test Certificate for your multi-entry visa/work permit.

If your not working here with a permit to work you'll only be able to stay 90 days; you'll then have to leave for 90 days before being able to return for a further 90 days.. If this is your case you'll not be required to have the HIV certificate.

The certificate will be vaild for the duration of your visa... meaning each year you renew your annual visa you'll have to resubmit a new HIV cert at the russian embassy.

One other thing if your not working here legally by way of permit then the best thing to do is make 3 monthly single or double entry business visa every 90 days, allowing you to return as and when you like... No HIV cert is reqired. In London the current charge for a 3 month visa is 45 single 55 double within 7 days or 95 or 105 same day process.

Hope this was of help..

19-11-2008, 22:35
If you look on the Russian Consulate website (www. rusemblon. org) you'll see that under the section on what you need when applying for different types of visas, it says "When applyng for working or student visa you must additionaly submit HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate" (typos are the Consulate's, not mine). So the simple answer to your question is, yes, what the visa agent told you is correct.

11-12-2008, 11:37
I work for a British Rep Company in Moscow and hold a British Passport.

Upon submitting my documents to a visa agent for a yearly renewal -she said I need to obtain an AIDS certificate.


It is absolutely correct.
In case your working visa is under a prolongation, this Certificate is needed to obtain your work permit card from the authorities only.

16-02-2009, 15:22
I would just say that on many occasions I have applied for a 1-year visa at the UK embassy and have NOT required an HIV certificate, even though it said on the embassy site that I did.
It may vary with the agency that you use - I would give a call to ruvisa.co.uk and maybe some others:

Agents Information and Registration. Russian Visa Online, Moscow, Russia. Tourist, Business, Multiple-Entry Travel Russia Visa Support Invitation Services. Russian Federation Visa Requirements, Embassy and Consulate Application Form. (http://www.visatorussia.com/russianvisa.nsf/agentscountry.html?Open&cnt=UK)

I have also used Direct Passport and Visa company, and they were good.

28-02-2009, 23:19
I think the general rule is that if you will be staying for over 3 months, then you need to produce a certificate.

why not call the embassy to find out.

01-03-2009, 01:09
Yes it is correct even if you didn't leave the country.They may even ask for an xray to rule out TB

26-03-2009, 15:18
Yes, for student, work or residency (extended stay) visas to Russia you need an HIV certificate. Basically, for any Russian visa over 3 months, I think you need an HIV test certificate. I got mine in London before coming over and it was pretty easy. You get tested and get the results and certificate in 30 minutes. I used Better2Know (HIV Test London Private STI STD Testing Clinics UK Better2Know (http://www.better2know.co.uk)). I think it cost around 110 pounds and they have clinics everywhere. They also do tests for other STDs other than HIV. Hope this helps.