PDA

View Full Version : terrible Akado

Albertina
15-11-2008, 22:01
Not only I suffered from their service for 2 years, but now when it's time to close the contract, they have really screwed up themselves and me in the process: to cancel the contract you have to call them and make the appointment, but for the last couple of weeks they had some problems with the call center and I was unable to get through for 1 week (?!) Now when by miracle I got connected (after 10 minutes of waiting), they told me that if I don't manage to get the appointment before I leave, the fines and penalties will be accruing on my account and Ill be a delinquent customer!!!!!!

I almost told them to go F ^"* themselves and try to cancel the contract if there is no connection to the call center....

Stay away from these idiots.:rant:

Sidney Bliss
15-11-2008, 22:05
Thanks, Albertina - I was considering Akado.

Strider
15-11-2008, 22:10
my local ISP was bought by akado this summer and since then everything went apart... after they switched uplinks to their own channels internet became a lot worse and a lot of people decided to switch to another ISPs

I can't really understand how someone can pay huge money to buy perfectly working ISP and make people run to others just in a few months! they must have some talent!

Albertina
15-11-2008, 22:10
The funny thing is that they have 2 phone numbers: one for Sales and one for Service.

So you get connected to Sales department in a split of a second and they treat you very nicely, bla bla.

The moment you are a customer, the hell begins :bash::bash::bash:
They just don't care and when I complained, the operator told me 'I'm not an owner, I can't do anything and it's not my problem'.

Ohhh I felt totally helpless with them .......

Sidney Bliss
15-11-2008, 22:14
The moment you are a customer, the hell begins

Ohhh I felt totally helpless with them .......

Kosmos TV customers identify closely with that feeling :rolleyes:

Strider
15-11-2008, 22:15
btw, my friend was also canceling contract and he was told that it could be done with just email...

so he sent the letter with all needed information, switched to another ISP... but he was still charged for the next month!!! :) that's after 2-3 weeks he sent them that letter!

but he doesn't care about them anymore, I believe they have a lot of contracts now with people who already use other ISPs and simply don't care about akado any more and aren't their clients

Albertina
15-11-2008, 23:16
I might be a masochist, but I need to finish this off with them.

Katrine L
16-11-2008, 01:28
Agree in full - they are really idiots in Akado. Some time ago when
I was choosing Internet provider I called them to learn their conditions of running the service - that's it, I didn't give them a cause to think I'm going to be their client. But since that they've called me every WEEK END and holiday day at 9am and offered to stwitch on to their service!! In spite I told him after the first call that I was not going to take their service they continued to call me every week end the same time untill I reached their sales manager and ask him to delete my phone from their sales liist. I was curious why they calling me always early in the morning at wekend tending them to guess about stupidity of making offer calles at that sort of time. But he has not catch a sense and answer: "But our working day starts at 9am!" That was a joke of the day!!:focus:

adamst56
16-11-2008, 09:29
I believe that the charges will stop accruing if you go to the main office on Dmitriovsky and drop off your modem. But you are right about Akado being impossible to deal with. There have been many threads about them in the past. The connectivity is very good but if you ever need service or in this case to cancel, it is impossible to deal with them. Good luck.

NickR
16-11-2008, 14:28
Arkado are a joke of a company. I tried to get them installed FIVE times but they failed to turn up, turned up the wrong DAY, called and said the engineer was 15 minus away but never showed etc.

They are truly awful.

They called over and over to get me to try them again and three times I did....with promises that everything will be controlled better by senior management.....but it made no difference.

When their staff are about to lose their jobs because they have no clients, they might start caring about them a bit more.

Sadly, it will prboably be too late then.

Stream are only a little bit better. Thankfully I have the mobile number of a techinican for them so call him directly. Saves hours and days of Stream's absolute total ability to totally frustrate you with stupid questions over and over again, lack of English speaking staff and general "it's your problem, not mine" type attitude.

kapione
16-11-2008, 14:34
did you expect good service, service with a smile ? did you expect to get the speed you pay for , or uninteruppted service ?

wake up that was all a dream Y O U A R E IN R U S S I A

if you do not have a converter box , the internet company switched your Ip address and didnt tell you

Albertina, your company broke their contract with you when they did not provide an adequate service , call STREAM

I have the choice of 2 devil companies MegaLan and Net by Net, Net by Net IS the WORST

1 call to MegaLan when service stopped , in 4 minutes I was back online, I even got a guy who spoke english a little, and I spoke a little Russian

Net by Net has a rule , no tech will be sent to your flat or to check equipement for 3 days, if your pc communicated as little as 100kb , according to them u were working, wait another 3 days , it is a game with them
in 7 weeks 4 days according to thier records my pc downloaded 800 megs !
strange seeing that it is on 24/7
I paid for a 12.5 meg connection !

anyone who gets bad service anywhere , dont do business with them
if you think you have no options for internet service , add a wifi module to your pc and get wireless area service

MegaLan is ok for now, but let me get another outage , I will go with the wireless option

Finskij Paren
16-11-2008, 15:22
Let me tell you guys another story from another ISP.

ISP is called Corbina (now part of Beeline)..

At one Sunday evening, our Internet went down. I checked my router and it did not get IP address - Corbina fault.

I called to their call center, answer in 1-2 minutes (I was suprised). They checked where I live, and quickly came response that the internet in your area is down, we know it, we are fixing the issue and it should be fixed before midnight (it was 10pm at the moment).

Then comes the biggest surprise. The engineer told me to write down a complaint number and present this number next time I call to them so that they can REFUND me from the broken internet. I was utterly amazed, after all, this is Russia. You don't get refunds from broken internet..

Surprises follow.. at 11pm the internet started working again.

This is just one of the good stories. There are rare, but there are those too!

And no, I am not affiliated in anyway with Corbina or Beeline - except using the service.

Katrine L
16-11-2008, 17:21
Yep, Corbina is good, probably the best in Moscow. I used it while lived at another address. They were down several times but always compensated it. They have pretty comfortable options for payments when you can pay whatever money you want at your account. But they have no service at house where I live now - there only Akado, Stream and unknown to me SU109 which suggested an Internet connection on the basis of annual prepayment.

At one Sunday evening, our Internet went down. I checked my router and it did not get IP address - Corbina fault.

I called to their call center, answer in 1-2 minutes (I was suprised). They checked where I live, and quickly came response that the internet in your area is down, we know it, we are fixing the issue and it should be fixed before midnight (it was 10pm at the moment).

Then comes the biggest surprise. The engineer told me to write down a complaint number and present this number next time I call to them so that they can REFUND me from the broken internet. I was utterly amazed, after all, this is Russia. You don't get refunds from broken internet..

And no, I am not affiliated in anyway with Corbina or Beeline - except using the service.

kapione
16-11-2008, 17:32
some people do want to help you , sadly the vast majority are either incompetant,or qualified to do anything, let alone provide real help or provide a service.
Most companies do not encourage their workers to communicate in english, but they love our money !
another sad fact about getting service in Russia is they wont allow foreigners to have the contract for service in your name !(Stream,MegaLan and Net by Net from my experience wont).
Corbina never got to my building to wire it for service , they promised this would be completed by April 2007, told to my wife Feb.2007

As to the service Corbina provides,I cant say , but those who do told me they are ok, but how long will they keep this level of service?
When I lived with my exGF we had Stream , if it went out , it was working in average in less than 1/2 hour....
but remember if you have crap service cancel try another service , I did and now MegaLan is working beautifully
no matter where u are in Moscow, you can get a wireless service , more pricey, but less prone to failure, you will have the same carriers as restaurants/cafes and such.... they cant afford to lose customers, they need to recoup their investment
good luck everyone