PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Playgrounds?

ejmichaels
26-08-2003, 22:07
Does anyone know what happened to the Multi Pulti Indoor Playgroup on Leninsky? It is listed on the Expat site under playgrounds, but when I called there today, they said that it is now a movie theater. My son's nanny used to go there a few years ago when she worked for a different family and she says that it was very nice.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any good indoor play areas that are suitable for a one-year-old baby (other than the Mir Detstva store)?

Thanks,
Julie

Pingu
27-08-2003, 20:38
I haven't been able to find an indoor playroom (other than restaurant ones), but if you're keen to meet up with others to talk about living in Moscow with young children, I have suggested a meeting tomorrow (with children) at the American Bar & Grill. Maybe someone will enlighten us then!

See the thread "informal meeting with children" in the "family & children" section.

:)

heplion
29-08-2003, 12:55
There is an indoor playground at VDKH. I don't remember exactly which building, but my wife may remember. I don't know that it caters to children taht young, but it may be worth checking out. There is also a play room at the Ramstore complex that is kind of close to metro Domitrovskaya.

monleon
29-08-2003, 13:03
At Ramstore 2, there is a small indoor playroom with slides, ball pit and climbing frames located on the 3rd level (if you look at the cinema end it's on the left side of the mall) that is free to use for one hour. If your kids are old enough you can leave them while you go shopping. The women who are there are a little stern and don't speak English, just give them your kids names at the front desk and put your shoes and coats away in the lockers provided. There's a great food hall for lunch including Mac D's on the same level. Points to note are the mall is pushchair friendly as you can use the lifts. Loos (cleanish) are located on the 3rd floor, on the right hand side of the cinema.

heplion
29-08-2003, 13:05
Yup, that is the same Ramstore I was thinking of....

Pingu
29-08-2003, 13:33
Ikea in the Mega Complex also has a playroom where you can check you children in whilst you shop. Mega has an ice rink for free skating or lessons as well.

rigatoni
09-09-2003, 08:56
Estrahause on Maroceika near the Kitai Gorod metro station has a nice playroom. We meet there about once a week with kids up to 3 yrs.
E-mail rigatoni@mail.com if you would like to come.

Toni Lockhart-Saydkhuzhin

ronymo
12-09-2003, 20:10
Tsenter, Tulskaya Metro Station, has a "dyetskaya komnata" (children's room) for little ones including mats and balls for REALLY little ones (there's also a roller rink and video arcade for not so little ones). i think they're open from 2 p.m. onwards, possibly earlier on weekends, however weekends are usually CROWDED.

Pingu
12-09-2003, 23:14
Tvoi Dom (huge household shop with Perecrestok supermarket) at Crocus City has an indoor gym area with rides, cartoons on a big screen and colouring for 120 r. Also inside the complex are arcade games, dodgems, etc - all for children. It's on the second floor next to the toy section, restaurants and coffee shops. It was packed at the weekend and only just bearable, but we went during the week and there were only 4 children in the gym area, which was more enjoyable! Seems to cater for all ages, though, and you can do your shopping at the same time!

ronymo
13-09-2003, 09:47
Is that the one at Kashirskoye Shosse or at Volokolamskoye Shosse?

bibliofil
15-09-2003, 09:46
One of the best places is Mir Detstva - http://md.lebrand.ru/center/

There are indoor gym for 3+ kids and on the first floor (russian second) - there is a small play area for 1yo.

Om Saturdays there are puppet shows at 11 and 12.30.

And a bonus - there are two very good cafes. One on a first floor called Orange Cow and one on the ground - Ogo Gorod.

There are a lot of indoor places in Moscow for kids, but one needs to speak fluent Russian to find them.