PDA

View Full Version : sokol / anglo american school?

delgado
14-11-2008, 17:35
I know there's a long waiting list, I'm just enjoying the paperwork but is it possible to walk from the sokol station to the school? How long would it take?
Isn't Tushinskaya station closer to the school?if we finally get in the school, we might use the bus, but a second option would be nice..

Is the british international school number 7 on the same metro line??

Thank you!

alterego
14-11-2008, 20:54
It is too far to walk from the Metro station.

Reverend
17-11-2008, 11:54
You can walk from Tushinskaya to AAS - it's about 15 minutes though shorter when the river is frozen.

But I wouldn't want an elementary kid doing this. Maybe a high school kid.

Also, there's a city bus from Sokol that gets near the school though not all the way.

thva
21-04-2009, 00:21
It's actually more like 20 minutes walk from Tushinskaya - and I walk very fast, most people would take a bit longer. I hadn't ever thought of cutting across the ice (it's actually a canal there, not a river, so it freezes pretty solid), but I don't think it would save you more than a few minutes, the route is pretty direct as it is.
From Sokol, there are marshrutka minibusses that go right to the front of the school, usually leave every 15-20 minutes or so during the day - but at rush hour you should expect a big waiting line, better at those times to use the free AAS or Pokroksky Hills shuttles from Sokol (free with AAS ID card, that is).

kazachka
26-04-2009, 18:21
I used to live at Rechnoi Vokzal and could RUN to AAS much faster by cutting through the woods/trail system than the time it took to wait for the marshrutka (12m goes straight to the school) and sit in traffic on the Volokolamka. I was just over there the other day, and it took 30 min to get back to Sokol at about 3PM(before lovely chas pik). However, it's too far to walk this from Sokol.