PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I need russian definition!



exyabloko
06-08-2004, 08:38
Please define "the Natural Laws system" for me please and what is the russian equivavalent to "natural laws"


Thank you very very very much :bookworm: :bookworm:

Ignia
06-08-2004, 08:49
Dictionary.com: 1 entry found for Natural law
Entry: ethics
Function: noun
Definition: morality
Synonyms: belief, conduct, conscience, convention, conventionalities, criteria, decency, ethic, ethos, goodness, honesty, honor, ideal, imperative, integrity, moral code, morality, mores, natural law, nature, practice, principles, standard, standards, value
Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.5)
Copyright © 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

See also:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/natural%20law

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/natural%20law

I hope this may help...sorry i can't find anything in russian for you :(

Filimon
06-08-2004, 13:14
Originally posted by exyabloko
Please define "the Natural Laws system" for me please and what is the russian equivavalent to "natural laws"


Thank you very very very much :bookworm: :bookworm:
Could you put it in a context, please

Shatneresque
06-08-2004, 13:22
Originally posted by Filimon
Could you put it in a context, please

Yeah, you know, like, "What's the sentence, dude?"

And you call yourself a translator?!

Filimon
06-08-2004, 13:31
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Yeah, you know, like, "What's the sentence, dude?"

And you call yourself a translator?!

errrr, no, I don't. I call myself Filimon and I want to help, what's you point?

Shatneresque
06-08-2004, 13:36
Originally posted by Filimon
errrr, no, I don't. I call myself Filimon and I want to help, what's you point?

'Twasn't you I was addressing, Homer....

By the way: it's correctly written "your" point. Not "you" point..."your" point!

Haveth a nyce Daye, ye Varlet!

Filimon
06-08-2004, 13:39
Originally posted by Shatneresque
'Twasn't you I was addressing, Homer....

By the way: it's correctly written "your" point. Not "you" point..."your" point!

Haveth a nyce Daye, ye Varlet!

Have you ever heard of the word "typo"?

It is also much more correct and polite to write "it wasn't you", Marge.

I still don't see YOUR point.

Shatneresque
06-08-2004, 13:45
Originally posted by Filimon
Have you ever heard of the word "typo"?

It is also much more correct and polite to write "it wasn't you", Marge.

I still don't see YOUR point.

Ain't got no point, son.... Ain't got no point 'tall!

Also ain't nothin' wrong with writin' "'twasn't!"

All depends on where y'come from, don't it...?

Filimon
06-08-2004, 13:48
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Ain't got no point, son.... Ain't got no point 'tall!

Also ain't nothin' wrong with writin' "'twasn't!"

All depends on where y'come from, don't it...?

True. If you come from an American school, then anything goes, DOESN'T IT?

Shatneresque
06-08-2004, 13:56
Originally posted by Filimon
True. If you come from an American school, then anything goes, DOESN'T IT?

My, my! Touchy today, aren't we?! Maybe because it's Friday...?

First, check out my comments on "American Schools" in the adjacent column.

Then chill out, leave work, find a nice beach, and pick up a cute chick WITH WHOM you can spend the entire weekend.

The world will look a whole lot nicer come Monday morning!

Cheerio!

Filimon
06-08-2004, 13:59
Originally posted by Shatneresque
My, my! Touchy today, aren't we?! Maybe because it's Friday...?

First, check out my comments on "American Schools" in the adjacent column.

Then chill out, leave work, find a nice beach, and pick up a cute chick WITH WHOM you can spend the entire weekend.

The world will look a whole lot nicer come Monday morning!

Cheerio!

I posted the above BECAUSE I read your post about American schools. Get it?:)

I feel quite relaxed, on the contrary, I thought you were strangely tense, since your comment about my question was glaringly inappropriate.

I don't need to pick up cute girls any more. I have been married to the most beautiful one for three years.

Shatneresque
06-08-2004, 14:01
Originally posted by Shatneresque
My, my! Touchy today, aren't we?! Maybe because it's Friday...?

First, check out my comments on "American Schools" in the adjacent column.

Then chill out, leave work, find a nice beach, and pick up a cute chick WITH WHOM you can spend the entire weekend.

The world will look a whole lot nicer come Monday morning!

Cheerio!

Sorry, old boy.... Didn't know about your wife when I wrote this!

Looks as though you really have everything you need right at home!

Congrats, mate!

Time to move on, I think....

Filimon
06-08-2004, 14:02
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Sorry, old boy.... Didn't know about your wife when I wrote this!

Looks as though you really have everything you need right at home!

Congrats, mate!

Time to move on, I think....

Not everything yet. The missing part is due in September. :)

Ignia
06-08-2004, 14:14
Not everything yet. The missing part is due in September.

THAT sentence made me envious :)
Congratulations will be given after the announcement :)

Sadie
06-08-2004, 17:10
Originally posted by exyabloko
Please define "the Natural Laws system" for me please and what is the russian equivavalent to "natural laws"


Thank you very very very much :bookworm: :bookworm:
система естественных прав
if am not mistaken - legal definition, if I am mistaken - pardon, maybe prof. deformation - to see legal sense in everything
I could give you the explanation of системы естественных прав (in case my guess was right)

Kshisya
06-08-2004, 17:14
Originally posted by Sadie
система естественных прав
if am not mistaken - legal definition, if I am mistaken - pardon, maybe prof. deformation - to see legal sense in everything
I could give you the explanation of системы естественных прав (in case my guess was right)

:D Sadiechka!!! I was 100% syre that if I check this thread you'd be the ONLY one who'd answer in RUSSIAN when ppl ask for the RUSSIAN definition :thumbsup: the smartest ty moya :D

Jet
06-08-2004, 17:15
Lets ask another expert. Fil, what are the natural laws in Russian anyway?

Sadie
06-08-2004, 17:24
Hi Kshis',
how are you, dear :) My sincere congratulations with you know what, I am happy for you ;)
Vse, poshla, am working like a dog here,

Jet for you only, just because :p

polly
06-08-2004, 17:24
Russia has laws?

;)

=P

Filimon
06-08-2004, 17:25
согласен с Sadie.

Система естественного права seems to be legal definition of the system of laws, which are independent of social factors and have human nature as a main source. If indeed that's what the author had in mind.

Cf. Laws of Nature

exyabloko
06-08-2004, 19:30
Thank you all, however I am not sure that Sadie or Ksusha right about "sistema estestvennix prav" (anyway, what is it ?).

The doctrine related more to the phylosophy or to classical economics.

Anyway here is original phrase:


"A natural law system also involved followed propositions:
-the naturla laws are productive of immutable forces which man cannot defect or impede- this will be called determinism;

-that if the freedom is accorded then society will progress harmoniously to better state -this will be called harmony theory;

-that therefore the operation of natural laws requires a great degree of freedom to achive their ends - natural liberty doctrine"

Uf, I get stuck on the middle of textbook and project.! Anyone can explain me what the hell is natural laws?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Filimon
06-08-2004, 19:33
that is precisely what in Russian is called "естественное право". That is the law that is natural, not created by man.

exyabloko
06-08-2004, 20:21
"estestvennoe pravo"? what is that?

Jet
06-08-2004, 20:24
With all due respect to Fil's language skill and Sadie's experience, what our friend is puzzled about is законы природы, and by no means естественное право and even less система естественных прав

Filimon
06-08-2004, 20:25
Originally posted by Jet
With all due respect to Fil's language skill and Sadie's experience, what our friend is puzzled about is законы природы, and by no means естественное право and even less система естественных прав

I doubt it. Natural Laws system is not equal to the Laws of Nature.

exyabloko, do you need an explanation or a translation?

exyabloko
06-08-2004, 20:37
I need translation and if possible explanation. I think "zakoni prirodi" is closest one. I am talking about "the natural laws" that had been used in phylosophycal contant in regards of economics.

What is it? Share your knowledge folks THANK-Thanx-thanx!

Jet
06-08-2004, 20:46
Fil, oh my friend you sound more like a classical MGU yurist, its cool, but we were not talking about the system of (legal or behavioral) norms

Filimon
06-08-2004, 20:50
Well I have never even been to MGIMO, so ...

That was why I asked for the context in the very beginning.

If this is not a legal but a philosophical concept, I would translate it as законы естества. Законы природы is translated as laws of nature.

Jet
06-08-2004, 21:05
Probably you right with this one, although it depends on the context

btw you shouldn't mistake MGU for MGIMO or visa versa, they don't like it :D

exyabloko
06-08-2004, 21:08
Here is the original troubled text:

"the intellectual currents which produced Cassical economics were of two main kinds. On the one hand there were the philosophers. These included not only the recognized natural-law philosophers such as Grotius, hutcheson, but also David Hume, who was critical of much of natural law, and Comte.....
The Scholastic version of natural law involved a theological adaptation of Aristotle"..............................................

Sadie
06-08-2004, 22:01
Okay, now I got it. You talk about «естественное право». There exists школа естественного права, philosophical school, Grotius is considered to be the founder of it

exyabloko
07-08-2004, 02:04
Sadiechka, in two words, what is it "estestvennoe pravo"?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Interpreter
07-08-2004, 04:43
Read it, and then try to express it in two words yourself:) http://www.apocalypse.orthodoxy.ru/monarchy/403.htm

Jet
08-08-2004, 14:32
Have to admit, Sadie is right, Grotius = it has to do with the law(s)

Filimon
09-08-2004, 02:10
Originally posted by exyabloko
Here is the original troubled text:

"the intellectual currents which produced Cassical economics were of two main kinds. On the one hand there were the philosophers. These included not only the recognized natural-law philosophers such as Grotius, hutcheson, but also David Hume, who was critical of much of natural law, and Comte.....
The Scholastic version of natural law involved a theological adaptation of Aristotle"..............................................

What the f... do you mean "take a hike"??? I told you from the outset what that meant, you weren't happy. Now you insult me BECAUSE I gave you the right answer?

I am going to give a serious thought to helping anyone on this board again!

Sunstorm
09-08-2004, 02:51
Originally posted by Filimon
Now you insult me BECAUSE I gave you the right answer?

I am going to give a serious thought to helping anyone on this board again!


Filimon,

This is not your fault that the person you have spent time to help to is a) stupid to understand; b) lazy to go and look up something himself; c) неблагодарное хамло, unable to simply appreciate people spend their time for helping him(her??)

Not everyone else on this site is like that

exyabloko
09-08-2004, 02:58
Filimon, I appoligize if you took my "take a hike" as insult.

relax and thanks for your effort to help me.

exyabloko
09-08-2004, 03:00
Fili, let's dance if you don't like to hike!:p :p

Filimon
09-08-2004, 03:48
Originally posted by exyabloko
Filimon, I appoligize if you took my "take a hike" as insult.

relax and thanks for your effort to help me.

Problem is "take a hike" is difficult to take as anything else in the circumstances.

Be careful and think before you say things, of which you don't know the full meaning.

exyabloko
09-08-2004, 04:11
well, shall we dance? Or take a hike!:D

Zephyr
09-08-2004, 11:14
Закон природы

Sadie
09-08-2004, 20:22
Originally posted by Zephyr
Закон природы
Пять баллов. Коротко и ясно, и пошли все нафиг

"...David Hume, who was critical of much of natural law, and Comte....." will be approx translated like Дэвид Хьюм, который, зараза, остался весьма недоволен основной массой законов природы, и Комте с ним до кучи
:thumbsup:

Filimon
09-08-2004, 21:05
Originally posted by Sadie
Пять баллов. Коротко и ясно, и пошли все нафиг

"...David Hume, who was critical of much of natural law, and Comte....." will be approx translated like Дэвид Хьюм, который, зараза, остался весьма недоволен основной массой законов природы, и Комте с ним до кучи
:thumbsup:

I don't think it is correct but then my opinion does not seem count for much, so...

Sadie
09-08-2004, 21:17
Fil, what's wrong, I was kiddin' and you??
why do we feel soOOo blue :( ;)
you opinion does count, not as much as humble mine of course :p:p:p:p :D
but still
daz a pic for you

Jet
10-08-2004, 12:32
Fil is OK, intelligent and well-spoken, not like me or Sadie :D