PDA

View Full Version : Look for friends

moskauconny
12-11-2008, 19:29
Hello to all. I am conny and i live since 3 years now in moscow. all my friends move now away and in 2 months i am alone. So i look for other moms. I have a 3 year old son and we would be happy to meet other moms. We are from Austria and so we also speak german and a little bit russian

MissAnnElk
12-11-2008, 19:56
Hello to all. I am conny and i live since 3 years now in moscow. all my friends move now away and in 2 months i am alone. So i look for other moms. I have a 3 year old son and we would be happy to meet other moms. We are from Austria and so we also speak german and a little bit russian

Hello and welcome! :wavey::wavey::wavey:

I know there are plenty of moms with younger kids here.

What part of Austria? I spent a lot of time in Burgenland.

moskauconny
14-11-2008, 11:12
Yes i now that are many mommys her. But i live in the center and the most live outside. And the kids go in the kindergarden and nobody has time. this is the problem.
I have no time to go to meetings for children. My son gos in the kindergarden. And my russian is not good enough to have a russian friends.
And now the answer
i come from Gmunden in Oberoesterreich

Innaign
17-11-2008, 16:40
Hello Conny. My name is Inna and my son is now 5. We live in Windsor (near London) and we will be back to Moscow in January. My son speaks English and Russian. So, if you are intrested let me now.

Melissa H
11-12-2008, 13:07
Hello Conny. My name is Melissa and I am new to Moscow from the US. My husband and I moved a few months back and we live a couple stops nw of Arbat. I don't have any children, but was a school teacher and enjoy children. Currently I don't know Moscow well, but want to get out more and meet people. What area do you live in?

Amanda1
12-12-2008, 11:40
Hi Conny and Melissa and other newcomers, my name is Amanda. I moved to Moscow from Australia 2 weeks ago and am also keen to meet some new people. We live close to Kitay-Gorod metro (or rather we will when we move into our apartment in a week or so). Anyone fancy meeting up for coffee?

Melissa H
12-12-2008, 16:32
Hi Amanda,
I would love to meet for coffee some time. We will be leaving for the holidays next weekend. We will return around Jan. 12,. I can meet some time before or after!!!! I know it is hard to unpack and get settled in. Just let me know what your schedule looks.
Thanks,
Melissa

Wiltshed
14-12-2008, 10:50
:wavey::wavey:Hi everyone,
My name is Tanya and I've got 11.5 month old daughter Elizabeth,
We just mooved to Moscow about three weeks ago, my husband works until late evening and I'm at home with baby. We came from England and we live here about couple of stops to metro Chistiy pond(prudi).
I'm looking to find some activiries for my baby and friends. Would be nice to meet for a coffee.

Melissa H
15-12-2008, 09:22
Hi Tanya,
We have been here about a month now and I am still tring to learn the metro!!!! My husband also works late. I would enjoy meeting for coffee. Just let me know when you can. I look forward to meeting you and Elizabeth.
Thanks,
Melissa

Amanda1
15-12-2008, 16:26
Hi Melissa, Conny, Tanya,
why dont we meet for coffee this thursday or friday. I have 2 small children, and am just thinking how I will manage getting them both out, but am really keen so wanted to reply while I get the chance (they are both asleep!). Perhaps we could meet along Noviy Arbat...where we are staying temporarily. Is there a way to take this offline?

Melissa H
15-12-2008, 17:44
Hi Amanda and all,
This sounds great to me. I am only a couple stops away from arbat. This will be my first adventure without my husband guideing me through the metro but i look forward to meeting everyone. my email is mhall5436@gmail.com you may email me and we will exchange details.
Thanks,
Melissa

elis
15-12-2008, 18:59
Hope you all get to meet up and have a great time. Just about a year ago, I was in the same boat: new to Moscow, new to the metro, new to everything and not knowing anyone! You'll find great friends through this forum as well as a lot of help with all the questions that arise.

I'm in Armenia now, otherwise I'd join you.

Wiltshed
16-12-2008, 21:30
Hi Amanda and all,
This sounds great to me. I am only a couple stops away from arbat. This will be my first adventure without my husband guideing me through the metro but i look forward to meeting everyone. my email is mhall5436@gmail.com you may email me and we will exchange details.
Thanks,
Melissa
Would be nice to meet up for a coffee and have a chat! Is it metro called Arbat? I would like to come even though metro is not a babies buggy friendly.
Do you know there any baby friendly places? pl e-mail me tatianavld@mail.ru
Looking forward to meet everyone,
Thanks,
Tanya

moskauconny
17-12-2008, 09:11
hello to all. It is great that so many moms looks also for friends.
I fly now back to Austria for Holidays. And i come back at the end of January than i hope we meet us. A great place for kids is the Ogo Gorod Club at the Metro Station Tulskaja. Maybe we meet us there.
Have nice Chrismas and a happy new Year.

Melissa H
17-12-2008, 17:37
Hi Conny,
I look forward to meeting you when you get back. Have a great Christmas and New Year!!!

Melissa