PDA

View Full Version : St. Petersburg or Moscow

homebrew96
05-11-2008, 03:29
Which city is better in general for kids quality of life?

I may be moveing to Russia soon.

St. Petersburg or Moscow

I have two girls 3 years and 1.5 years.

Katrine L
05-11-2008, 03:53
Which city is better in general for kids quality of life?

I may be moveing to Russia soon.

St. Petersburg or Moscow

I have two girls 3 years and 1.5 years.

I think it depends what you are looking for the kids :)
Saint-Petersburg is definitely calmer. But climate is more humid there with a lot of winds in winter and wet snowing. Saint-Petersburg is a nice place with a lot of cultural points, nice people there; Moscow is more busy and dynamic.
I think you need to think about yourself as well. :plane:As your daughters will not be happy to see their parent not satisfied - so choose the city for yourself first. Children feel good themselves at any place, especially at this age
:zoom:

nyinrussia
05-11-2008, 09:18
Moscow is very hard for an expat to live with young children. I have a son who is 22 months, it is not a very stroller friendly city. In comparison to the states no baby changing tables in public places, few resturants have high chairs and fewer public places to go.

However, they are great groups for your daughters and some nice activites in Moscow that your children could participate in Which has been my saving grace at times here

I have not been to Saint Petersberg but have gotten the impression from friends that most expats with young children prefer it to Moscow.

dewmap
02-12-2008, 13:14
Hi

I have lived in both and much prefer St Petersburg. To travel around Moscow by car with kids is a nightmare(or without kids for that matter). I also found it easier to walk around in St Petersburg.