PDA

View Full Version : St. Petersburg or Moscow

homebrew96
05-11-2008, 03:25
#1 (permalink) Today, 16:19
homebrew96
Newbie Last Online: Today 16:19

St. Petersburg or Moscow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may move to Russia for my job.

On a pure quality of life basis where should I move to, Moscow or St. Petersburg?

I speak Russian as does my wife.

We have two girls, 3 years old, and 1.5 years old.

The whole family will move over it it happens.

ndemeis
14-11-2008, 15:47
I would say petersburg. I am a bit biased but its cheaper than moscow, i think its a lot prettier city, things are closer and not as many people. It does rain a lot especially this time of year but there is a reason that i've been here three times and am now living here over moscow once.

Matt24
14-11-2008, 18:21
I don't know whether it's humidity or what, but St.Petes in the winter always seems a shedload colder than Moscow, we lived there for about a year and my abiding memory is of the whole family permanently having a cold. I equally don't know whether this is a good thing or not, but St.Petes is a bit small, and for the cultural philistine that I am, a bit dull - there's all manner of museums and stuff, but given the hours we put in, of greater interest was restaurants and boozers, there are some fine examples but not enough IMHO.

Seasons greetings

Matt

Kirill E.
20-01-2009, 16:57
Absolutely true that St.Petersburg is nicer and more quiet but I wouldn't tell you it is cheaper.

DDT
20-01-2009, 22:41
Well which one did you choose?

mock
21-01-2009, 01:52
I live in St.Petersburg and I Love it. I am not sure it is cheaper, but it has different atmosphere than Moscow.Moscow is also nice, but it is different
I would recommend SPb for sure, it is beautiful, but it depends, if you like more active life it is Moscow, this question is always on top...
some people say they like to work in Moscow, but live in Saint Petersburg.

Aşık melek
21-01-2009, 22:00
moscow of course.
petersburg is more nice, but for living, for your career, for opportunities, for ypur kids - , - moscow moscow moscow