PDA

View Full Version : getting a russian bride in uk

KEVS1GEZ
04-11-2008, 20:02
hi can anyone help my son met a girl 18 months ago she has been to uk he has been to moscow where he got engaged he wants this woman and will do anything to be together she is a dentist can she work here anyhow thats enough for now,hope to get some answers

ruslawyers
11-02-2009, 23:04
I can try to help you.

BeachBum
11-02-2009, 23:56
hi can anyone help my son met a girl 18 months ago she has been to uk he has been to moscow where he got engaged he wants this woman and will do anything to be together she is a dentist can she work here anyhow thats enough for now,hope to get some answers
I am american. But your system is similar. She will need a British entry visa. I would look on the internet for the Brisith government regarging visas and work. If she was in american she would probably not be able to work as a dentist. for 2 reasons. One licensing and two work restrictions. So my advice.
1) look on the internet for the British Dental Association or whatever governmet body certifies dentists in Britain. Send them an email or just look for the infor on certifications for foreign trained dentists.
2) look on british govt website for visa regarding work. Can she get a work permit? I dont. know. But none of these are difficult questions that 30 minutes or a couple of phone calls cant answer.

Qdos
12-02-2009, 00:13
England has tougher imigration rules than any other EU country, see the following web pages for precise information:-

Sponsors (INF 3) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf3sponsors)

Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf4husbandswivespartners)

fco1922
18-03-2009, 19:34
The new British rules are "tough" but if everything is above board; if you have all the necessary documents; and if the British citizen has a job in the UK and enough funds to support the spouse for several years without recourse to public funds you shouldn't have any problems.

The problem arises where the Consulate does not believe the marriage is valid. This can be an issue if one party does not speak a word of English and where the other party has a limited command of Russian. Similarly, if the British party does not have permanent employment you are going to have problems convincing the Consul that you can support your spouse. You should also note that under the new rules, even if your spouse is granted an entry visa, should you go on benefit or should your spouse apply for benefit the visa can be revoked and the non-EU spouse removed.

I have had two friends obtain visas this year without any problems. However, in both cases the British spouse had a good job, a place to live in the UK, and sufficient savings to support the spouse for 2-3 years.

JohnFureey
07-05-2009, 13:47
Yes, there is no problem. And she will work there.....