PDA

View Full Version : rewire US lamps

lemon
04-11-2008, 16:26
Hi! we are moving to Moscow and would like to bring our lamps bought in the US -- can someone recommend a place where we can get them rewired? thanks a lot!

XRM
04-11-2008, 18:32
It would cost very little to buy adapters here. Of course, if you are wanting to stay permanently in Moscow or Russia, then a simple plug change would be the way to go. Most any Russian man can do it as they seem to have a lot more experience in fixing things compared to us foreigners who like to throw things away and get a brand new replacement.

MissAnnElk
04-11-2008, 18:32
When we moved to Europe, my husband did it himself. We went to the hardware store and bought new plugs, and he just did it. I'm sure if, once you get here, you go to the market by the Kievskaya metro, you can find all sorts of Home Depot type products, including plugs.

BeachBum
04-11-2008, 22:08
Hi! we are moving to Moscow and would like to bring our lamps bought in the US -- can someone recommend a place where we can get them rewired? thanks a lot!
Easiest may is to go to Any electrc supply store. You can buy British_Russian adaptors. Or simply Russian plugs. Cut off the British and rewire. I am US so also had to deal with the 220 versus 110 volt stardard. But I think Brits electric i s 220 ?? .. A good store i Leroy Merlin.. they have all the sockets and adaptors to rewire all your stuff

MissAnnElk
04-11-2008, 22:10
Easiest may is to go to Any electrc supply store. You can buy British_Russian adaptors. Or simply Russian plugs. Cut off the British and rewire. I am US so also had to deal with the 220 versus 110 volt stardard. But I think Brits electric i s 220 ?? .. A good store i Leroy Merlin.. they have all the sockets and adaptors to rewire all your stuff

Really, I'm telling you. Go to the open market by Kievskaya . . .