PDA

View Full Version : Best party town

Maine Surfer
29-07-2004, 11:38
I've listed the places I've been to personally. Feel free to add your comments.

Maine Surfer
29-07-2004, 11:42
I think Odessa beats every town by a large margin. Maybe Ibiza and Cancun during spring break come close.

DJ Biscuit
29-07-2004, 13:01
While I party here from 7pm on a Friday night and get home some time Sunday, Ibiza still has the edge, maybe it's the view! You should add Goa to your list, and what about London?

Istanbul has about three clubs worth going to but they can be sooo behind on the music, very popsa. Lela is pretty cool but the music again can stink.

Maine Surfer
29-07-2004, 13:11
I've done that here too, but not even close to Odessa. The clubs in Odessa, Riviera and Ibiza, have incredible views too.

It's the whole experience. It's absolutely wild. Weird, but when I was in komatoz'e I thought of you going out after Ghost's party.
man, you gotta love Odessa, check it out. Well worth it.

berkay
29-07-2004, 14:00
Not lela... Laila...

Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
While I party here from 7pm on a Friday night and get home some time Sunday, Ibiza still has the edge, maybe it's the view! You should add Goa to your list, and what about London?

Istanbul has about three clubs worth going to but they can be sooo behind on the music, very popsa. Lela is pretty cool but the music again can stink.

sfjohns67
30-07-2004, 14:57
New Orleans all the way, cher!

Fa-Q!
30-07-2004, 15:06
Yeah, man. ******* Odessa! I can see this guy in LA or Miami: "No, really guys, I'm telling you Odessa is the shit, man! ******* Ferrari's and shit rolling on the strip with tall spiked-healed coked-up bitches just ready to throw the P! ******' blow, man! **** New York and LA and Miami, for that matter. You know what kind of concerts and clubs and shit they got in Odessa?! Get yo shit toghether boy, this 1975!. Get with it!The shit be goin' down in Ukraine, yo!".

lyndsay
30-07-2004, 15:11
how much would it cost me to get there.. what hotels... recommendations needed as you've just given me an idea for a break..

Oh, best parties... in a city... London Town, mate! Wicked.... +1

But, Moscow gets my vote on pure unpredictability... however, it's getting a wee bit tooo pretentious - used to be fun watching the beautiful people out-beautifying each other.. just noted a new vibe recently like - urgh, too superficial and NO sense of humour involved... Mosocw's taking itself far too seriously these days..

So, how about Odessa.. point me to the thongs..

:D

Maine Surfer
30-07-2004, 16:49
i second that, couldn't have said better myself!

Man just like that! You got it! Let's see who I went there with: a movie producer from Boston who isn't huge but pretty big, been involved with some big movies; he's been Bush's inauguration and all kinds of other stuff. He knows how to party bro, he really does. A large real estate developer from Miami/Boston, whose family basically owns Miami, his cousin is a judge there, another cousin co-owns Avalon in Boston (if you've heard of it, you'll understand). And the developer's nephew, who's 18, and flies planes for fun. They know how to party too.

And this exactly what they were saying "**** LA, NY and Miami. Odessa's great" We actually loved it so much, we are planning on coming back there already, a friend of ours is buying a yacht for next summer, and the nepnew was thinking to moving to Odessa permanently. It's like another world. Can't even describe what a good time we had. Have to experience it again.

Maine Surfer
30-07-2004, 16:51
lyndsay
see my post Odessa komatoz
I think hotel Odessa is good

$350 rt airfare $100 per night accomodations, $200 per night n entertainment = best time of your life

DJ Biscuit
30-07-2004, 18:37
How much to 'get sorted'?

You get me?

koba65
30-07-2004, 22:14
Originally posted by Maine Surfer
I think Odessa beats every town by a large margin. Maybe Ibiza and Cancun during spring break come close.

Nothing that I've been to beats Arkadiya in the summertime!

exyabloko
06-08-2004, 08:54
Manhattan!

Maine Surfer
06-08-2004, 10:52
Spent quite some time there :) IMO not even close to Odessa in summertime.

DJ Biscuit
06-08-2004, 18:09
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
How much to 'get sorted'?

You get me?

Maybe you don't know what I'm on about, in which case pardon me if I refrain from trusting your judgement on parties. ;)

tegethoff
08-09-2004, 10:43
Has none of you ever been to BERLIN? I lived there for 4 years and declare this poll futile, as the world`s best party town is not listed. Спасибо за внимание.

HandsoMan
17-09-2004, 22:19
Tegethoff: Berlin is indeed a great party.

FaQ: Tell me more about Odessa. I'm interested.

DJB: I think I get ya...about getting sorted. When you find out how much, let me know.

Billie Bob
19-09-2004, 21:38
what i found interesting when I visited Anapa, the place was wall to wall teenagers partying it up at night time, and there's not too many discos-clubs around. but imagine all the babes strutting their stuff there.

Though I think Miami and Coconut Grove, including Ft lauderdale are all great party towns. Monty's in coconut grove and all the joints at collins ave.

DJ Biscuit
20-09-2004, 17:26
Originally posted by HandsoMan
Tegethoff: Berlin is indeed a great party.

FaQ: Tell me more about Odessa. I'm interested.

DJB: I think I get ya...about getting sorted. When you find out how much, let me know.

I have no problems on that front, thanks. I just was interested that Maine Surfer was talking paaaartyy in Odessa and yet did not answer my question, so he may not know, in which case what kind of party is that?

Maine Surfer
29-09-2004, 10:54
DJ, I didn't know the question was addressed to me. Then, I don't know what to get sorted means. Care to explain?

DJ Biscuit
29-09-2004, 15:39
'Get sorted' means to source the necessary recreational substances which are associated with a good rave.

quincy
01-10-2004, 01:12
Originally posted by koba65
Nothing that I've been to beats Arkadiya in the summertime!

I second that! Odessa is great. There is great atmosphere and the people have great creativity. Beats all the other destinations. If the Russians and Ukrainians invested more money there, it could easily become the hottest place in Europe. Anyone been to Sochi and the Russian Black Sea Riviera? Crimea is a also good, slightly more laid back and a touch bohemian! In August the Yalta waterfront has some the greatest fireworks displays I have ever seen.

Maine Surfer
01-10-2004, 09:45
DJ, ok I get it. Couldav known :D
I don't know how much. I was with some VIP friends from back home, "investors", so whatever we wanted we just had to ask our bodyguard for :) And boy did we ask :D :D
At one point we are smoking apple flavored tobacco bong, and I tell the guy jokingly that real bong comes with hashish. He just gets a waiter and asks him to bring hashish :eek: :D Gives you an idea :D

Maine Surfer
01-10-2004, 09:46
What a great time. I wanna go to Odessa!!!! Not too late yet, their season ends late October

DJ Biscuit
01-10-2004, 14:20
Originally posted by Maine Surfer
DJ, ok I get it. Couldav known :D
I don't know how much. I was with some VIP friends from back home, "investors", so whatever we wanted we just had to ask our bodyguard for :) And boy did we ask :D :D
At one point we are smoking apple flavored tobacco bong, and I tell the guy jokingly that real bong comes with hashish. He just gets a waiter and asks him to bring hashish :eek: :D Gives you an idea :D

Sounds cool, but hashish is hashish, what about recreational chemicals? I mean REAL drugs! ;) :D

Maine Surfer
01-10-2004, 17:54
Again, I don't know how much but they are widely avaliable :D
I just don't wanna talk about stuff like this on public forum ;)

Free Man
14-10-2004, 23:46
Every town is a party town...

Moscow has some good stuff, but can't say its the best.

new york also has alot, but the females there are studs, and too many queers.

miami is kewl, dig it, but mucho muchachos.

russia is hip, I will admit. Ive been to several kick a$$ discos and clubs and the russkies seem to party it up, especially in their kewl and dressed to impress attitudes. awesome.

ever been down to sochi at the hawaiian hang out place? forgot the name. right on the beach.

quincy
15-10-2004, 00:36
Originally posted by Free Man
Every town is a party town...

Moscow has some good stuff, but can't say its the best.

new york also has alot, but the females there are studs, and too many queers.

miami is kewl, dig it, but mucho muchachos.

russia is hip, I will admit. Ive been to several kick a$$ discos and clubs and the russkies seem to party it up, especially in their kewl and dressed to impress attitudes. awesome.

ever been down to sochi at the hawaiian hang out place? forgot the name. right on the beach.

Never been to Sochi. Is it cool? I agree I have no time for the females in new york or London

Free Man
15-10-2004, 12:45
Sochi is really a happening place for summertime, its definitely developed after all these years.

The chiques are unique< picture youself with all decked out females not bad...

forgot most of the disco bar names. B-53 is one, seventh heaven is another but the beach club, on the coast is out of this world... has a hawaiian - californian name... Malibu? don't know...

Maine Surfer
15-10-2004, 13:48
I'd like to check out night life although don't like Sochi that much, the city of snobs.

Kseniya
15-10-2004, 13:51
I liked night life in Barcelona...We celebrated New Year there 2 years ago - it was cool. Night life is crazy in Barsa :agree:

legend
14-11-2004, 20:02
glasgow

middletonm
17-12-2004, 06:41
What about LasVegas? That is a party place.

rosieredwood
22-12-2004, 14:41
Originally posted by middletonm
What about LasVegas? That is a party place.

Viva, Las Vegas!

Seriously, first of all Manhattan is a borough, and the European cities are beautiful...

But, there are only two choices on this list:

Rio de Janeiro and Las Vegas

Heck, you only have to say 'Rio' or 'Vegas': that's the litmus test for the best party town.

My vote goes to Vegas, but I haven't been to Rio, yet.

middletonm
27-12-2004, 23:02
Vegas and Rio rock. Berlin is great too. Buenos Aires might get some votes too.

Mookla
28-12-2004, 13:51
Vegas is a pretty damn good time if you know where to roll. The private club scene there costs a penny or two to get into but it is second to none and New Years and the annual Fleash fettish and fantasy ball around Halloween time there is something everyone should see. That said I must also point out Key West during Fantasy Fest in the fall, Lahaina Maui for Halloween, New Olreans During Mardi Gras or Halloween is unreal. Rio during Carnival aka Mardi Gras is definitely a must experience event. I havent made it to Ibiza island yet but Ive heard good things. Another town overlooked is Brisbane and the Gold Coast in general, the Aussies know how to have a good time, might not have the glamor of the well known parties but for a relaxed good time its tough to beat. There are also several towns in Costa Rica that offer some fairly undeniable nightlife such as San Jose and Puntarenes. Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Jamaica, panama City and the other Spring Break parties are really overrated in my humble opinion. I lived in Panama City Beach for a while and Club La Vela can be a good time but they really overplay it on MTV its actually a lot calmer and more mundane that they would like to sell it as.

quincy
28-12-2004, 14:42
If you are heading to Rio and if you have a few extra days to spare take a trip to one of the smaller towns for more authentic but less glamourous Carnaval or New Years Eve parties. Try Campo Grande 40km south of Rio or the more middle class seaside resorts of Buzios/Cabo Frio about 170km in the opposite direction. If you have more time, take a domestic flight to Porto Seguro in southern Bahia State which is very popular with young Brazilians

Mookla
28-12-2004, 22:49
Ive been told that before as well but havent had the chance to do so yet. Many of the caribbean Islands also have a smaller and just as lively carnival, ie Barbados, Cayman, St Maarten, Trinidad, Aruba, Dominica, Dominican Republic etc.

garyburton
24-01-2005, 01:02
Bermuda is pretty cool, but very expensive