PDA

View Full Version : Silvers, An Irish Bar, Moscow

Adain
25-10-2008, 00:47
Tonight, I was in Silvers, as usual, with a girl friend of mine, hang ing around, enjoying the Guinness...

The night was great, as usual, we drank alot, then she left, and after I while I decided to leave also.

She left before me, to meet his guy, and I left after half and hour after drinking my last beer.

Then, at the door, some huge guy, happend to be a bored bodyguard, never saw him before, who doesnt speak english at all, in an expat bar, stopped me. There was some lady who tried to interpreted, and it was about a cigarette I happend to throw to the ground, which is filled with cigarettes already... I cannot explain how rude was the guy, it was worst that being rejected of face control, and the only thing that stopped me to react against that rudeness (which would be fighting) was the respect to the place.

BUT! If the owner of the place allows such things there with no reason, either this is Moscow style (which is ruled by the blunt force of the whoever feels like it), or Mr. Steve doesnt know whats going on in his place at all.

In any case, if you feel like to find a place that you will feel home, I suggest you to think twice before choosing Silvers.

pjw
25-10-2008, 00:59
Hey Adain, I can't understand what was going on in this bodyguard guy's mind. To stop a guest for no reason when he's on his way home, to unnecessarily create problems, well it's bad news for the pub and the boss needs to know that if he employs idiotic bouncers, then in reality it's going to mean reduced number of guests. Thanks for the warning :badclown:

trebor
25-10-2008, 01:00
..........if i smoked i would always use an ashtray indoors.

Adain
25-10-2008, 01:02
It was my favorite place in Moscow, where I felt home, and suggested to all of my friends so far, and now, I totally lost my confidence not only to that place, but any place in Moscow that I can find.

Adain
25-10-2008, 01:04

I am not even sure I didn't use any. It's just the guy said I didnt, and the ground was filled with cigarettes already.

pjw
25-10-2008, 01:07
..........if i smoked i would always use an ashtray indoors.Relevant Trebor. You need to write books my son. All this wisdom's being lost. The weld according to Trebor. Keep posting. If you did this, if you did that. Somehow it's so factual

Gypsy
25-10-2008, 01:08
Tonight, I was in Silvers, as usual, with a girl friend of mine, hang ing around, enjoying the Guinness...

The night was great, as usual, we drank alot, then she left, and after I while I decided to leave also.

She left before me, to meet his guy, and I left after half and hour after drinking my last beer.

Then, at the door, some huge guy, happend to be a bored bodyguard, never saw him before, who doesnt speak english at all, in an expat bar, stopped me. There was some lady who tried to interpreted, and it was about a cigarette I happend to throw to the ground, which is filled with cigarettes already... I cannot explain how rude was the guy, it was worst that being rejected of face control, and the only thing that stopped me to react against that rudeness (which would be fighting) was the respect to the place.

BUT! If the owner of the place allows such things there with no reason, either this is Moscow style (which is ruled by the blunt force of the whoever feels like it), or Mr. Steve doesnt know whats going on in his place at all.

In any case, if you feel like to find a place that you will feel home, I suggest you to think twice before choosing Silvers.
I've been in there once and the atmosphere was so unpleasant,almost violent, we left quickly. It had the feel that it was about to kick off.

Certainly won't be back.

Adain
25-10-2008, 01:09

Also, I'm not the kind of guy who throws away his cigarettes away after smoking, so Mr. Trebor, don't think I don't have manners. If you are willing to be in same side of an whoever it is bodyguard with no brain or politeness, be my guest...

I'm angry!

pjw
25-10-2008, 01:15
Don't worry about it Adain.
I mean worry about it, get angry... with these meatheads. It's a sign for Silvers and it's a strange sign that people take the bodyguard's side. Forget it Adain. Meatheads. D.heads

Transparent Theatre
25-10-2008, 01:18
The word about these places soon spreads - the expat community is close-knit.

Adain
25-10-2008, 01:19
Don't worry about it Adain.
I mean worry about it, get angry... with these meatheads. It's a sign for Silvers and it's a strange sign that people take the bodyguard's side. Forget it Adain. Meatheads. D.heads

No mate, it took me so long to find a place in Moscow that feels like home for me, and I was really feeling like it till this night, and suddenly, some a..hole decided that he's bored and he's looking for someone to fight. All bullshit...

pjw
25-10-2008, 01:25
No mate, it took me so long to find a place in Moscow that feels like home for me, and I was really feeling like it till this night, and suddenly, some a..hole decided that he's bored and he's looking for someone to fight. All bullshit...
It's a load of cr@p.
If they really wanted to support their regulars and try to build a reputation as a secure environment, they wouldn't put neanderthals on the door. It's shortsighted management.

Transparent Theatre
25-10-2008, 01:35
Perhaps the Management will take the opportunity of making an apology here?

pjw
25-10-2008, 01:58
Good evening everyone. My name is Mr Silver. I'm the owner and manager of the famous and popular Silvers Bar where we offer discounts (http://mmmmmm). I'm sorry to hear about the situation this evening and I cordially and humbly apologise and offer expats and locals free drinks from 31 October to 7 November. I promise fun and guarantee proper service. Really sorry!

trebor
25-10-2008, 10:05
Also, I'm not the kind of guy who throws away his cigarettes away after smoking, so Mr. Trebor, don't think I don't have manners. If you are willing to be in same side of an whoever it is bodyguard with no brain or politeness, be my guest...

I'm angry!

If you feel you are in the right and you are angry then tell the owner, Steve.
There's no way you are going to get appology if you don't, is there?

More genius from Mr. Trebor! ;) :D

Albertina
25-10-2008, 11:22
What did the bodyguard do/say? who is the owner of Silvers? Where is it?

MissAnnElk
25-10-2008, 11:24

Corner of Tverskaya and Nikitskiy per, I think . . . entrance on Nikiskiy. I've never been in, but have walked by.

The Traveler
25-10-2008, 11:45
I've been there a few times, and I've always had fun, never had any problems. I met the owner, and although he was a little tipsy at the time, he was still a really nice guy, very entertaining. I think that if you actually did go and talk to him that you would get your apology.

Think of it like this...I've got a store on Sadovaya-Triumfalnaya where I'm attempting to change the attitudes and approaches of the retail sales people into a much more buyer-friendly atmosphere. What if one of my employees insults a customer, and the customer storms out of the building never to be heard from again, and goes and writes about it on his web blog, but never returns to tell me, or the management? How can I fix a problem that I don't see or know about?

Honestly, you really need to get a hold of him and tell him, because if not, the problem can't be fixed. I personally would thank a customer just for telling me, because without customer input, we have no idea on what sort of situations happen between customers and employees.

Adain
25-10-2008, 12:53
I've been there a few times, and I've always had fun, never had any problems. I met the owner, and although he was a little tipsy at the time, he was still a really nice guy, very entertaining. I think that if you actually did go and talk to him that you would get your apology.

Think of it like this...I've got a store on Sadovaya-Triumfalnaya where I'm attempting to change the attitudes and approaches of the retail sales people into a much more buyer-friendly atmosphere. What if one of my employees insults a customer, and the customer storms out of the building never to be heard from again, and goes and writes about it on his web blog, but never returns to tell me, or the management? How can I fix a problem that I don't see or know about?

Honestly, you really need to get a hold of him and tell him, because if not, the problem can't be fixed. I personally would thank a customer just for telling me, because without customer input, we have no idea on what sort of situations happen between customers and employees.

You are right, I'll definitely do that.

I left the place, standing at the door, suddenly someone pulled my arm, back to inside, talking in Russian, saying some stuff that I don't understand. Then some customer tried to translate, that he's saying something about throwing cigarette butt to the floor which is filled with butts already. I really didn't get what was the problem of the guy and when I tried to get in to talk to the staff about what happened, he simply didn't let me.

Shirley
02-01-2009, 12:10
Call in and see Steve & tell him whatv went on. I am sure he will sort this out for you & he will make an apology.

Adamodeus
14-01-2009, 18:32
Or, maybe, use an ashtray. Just a thought... ;)

trebor
14-01-2009, 23:47
Or, maybe, use an ashtray. Just a thought... ;)

You can't state the bloody obvious like that on here! :D

Willy
15-01-2009, 00:50
You can't state the bloody obvious like that on here! :D

Yes what were you thinking when you wrote that Admodeus?

He just doesn't get it. Boy some people.