PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to WIN (US Election)??

jordan74
22-10-2008, 12:03
Here's a quick poll to see how the Expat.ru community sees the election going:

Transparent Theatre
22-10-2008, 12:21
No one will win.

But the rest of the world is going to lose, big time.

Korotky Gennady
22-10-2008, 19:14
I have crossed my fingars for Obama !

I hope he can be the good president.

w.meijerink
22-10-2008, 22:54
Ohhh, my God, I'm the only one who has vote Mcain:duhhhh:

But I'm afraid that I'll be right, because on the last moment i don't think that people will vote for a blackmen, it's to early for America who has change there law and give them the same right in late 60e!!!

MickeyTong
22-10-2008, 23:00
Vote for Nobody - because Nobody cares.

TGP
22-10-2008, 23:17
I have crossed my fingars for Obama !

I hope he can be the good president.

Good for whom?

MickeyTong
22-10-2008, 23:17
Good for whom?
Himself, probably.

米乐龙
22-10-2008, 23:25

Why do you think that "nobody cares"??? I care but I can't vote. The choice of president affects us all no matter where we are from.

MickeyTong
22-10-2008, 23:28
Nobody cares about most of the electorate.

米乐龙
22-10-2008, 23:32
Nobody cares about most of the electorate.

Well that's true, however you need to vote for somebody at the end of the day.

is4fun
23-10-2008, 00:05

A neuvo "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"?

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 00:32
Good for whom?for the blacks as minimum.
And maybe for us too... maybe usa will not be so agressive as America is now. maybe they will start the negotiations with Iran and so on... and they will stop the endless antirussian rhetoric.

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 00:34
Why do you think that "nobody cares"??? I care but I can't vote. The choice of president affects us all no matter where we are from.Why you can't ? For sure they will organize electoral stations all over the world. :vampire:

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 00:36
A neuvo "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"?Is it the american language ?

Translate it in english please...

Transparent Theatre
23-10-2008, 00:36
"God helps those who help themselves.

So help yourself, today!"

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 00:39

I take this slogan for myself !

is4fun
23-10-2008, 00:41
for the blacks as minimum.
And maybe for us too... maybe usa will not be so agressive as America is now. maybe they will start the negotiations with Iran and so on... and they will stop the endless antirussian rhetoric.

Maybe the Russian Government will stop pasifying the people who know less than those who control everyone else. Shame on you KG (almost B)

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 01:09
Maybe the Russian Government will stop pasifying the people who know less than those who control everyone else. Shame on you KG (almost B) What deal does it have with the american president election ? American man don't hijack the thread, please.

is4fun
23-10-2008, 01:36
What deal does it have with the american president election ? American man don't hijack the thread, please.

Thank you Mr. Apathy.

Len Ganley Stance
23-10-2008, 07:29

Mickey,

I wouldn't necessarily agree with your statement above. Maybe it should read -

Vote for Nobody - because Nobody matters.

Carbo
23-10-2008, 10:04
At the risk of sounding wise after the event, I predicted an Obama landslaide before he even secured to Democratic nomination. The closer it gets, the less I see to make me doubt this prediction.

Obama, by a long, long way.

I see this as something like the Goldwater-Johnson election in which Goldwater only carried the deep south, the bible belt, and his home state, aptly enough, Arizona.

jordan74
23-10-2008, 10:22
Ohhh, my God, I'm the only one who has vote Mcain:duhhhh:

But I'm afraid that I'll be right, because on the last moment i don't think that people will vote for a blackmen, it's to early for America who has change there law and give them the same right in late 60e!!!

I also think there's a chance that a lot of white Obama supporters will actually vote for McCain when they're alone in the voting booth. Be ready for VERY confusing exit polls on election night. People will say they voted for Obama, but didn't. It's going to be a very close race. In my opinion, this race is about America choosing to have it's first non-white president (very similar to when America elected it's first (and only) non-Protestant president, JFK). Keep in-mind, America is 80% white. That majority needs to make a choice in a few weeks.
(NOTE: JFK was a Catholic. All other US presidents were from Protestant christian denominations. Mostly belonging to the Episcopal Church, which is the Church of England in the US, and the Presbyterian Church)

TGP
23-10-2008, 18:49
for the blacks as minimum.

For us, too? Obama already said that Russia and China are his main concern as present potential threat to the USA. The wording may be different, but the meaning is like this. It was said, though, at the beginning of his pre-election compaign; besides, it is election campaign in general, but still, the words are pretty indicative.

Time will show, though I am not so enthusiastic like you are.

w.meijerink
23-10-2008, 18:50
I also think there's a chance that a lot of white Obama supporters will actually vote for McCain when they're alone in the voting booth. Be ready for VERY confusing exit polls on election night. People will say they voted for Obama, but didn't. It's going to be a very close race. In my opinion, this race is about America choosing to have it's first non-white president (very similar to when America elected it's first (and only) non-Protestant president, JFK). Keep in-mind, America is 80% white. That majority needs to make a choice in a few weeks.
(NOTE: JFK was a Catholic. All other US presidents were from Protestant christian denominations. Mostly belonging to the Episcopal Church, which is the Church of England in the US, and the Presbyterian Church)

The same idea I've on this moment the different between them is 10%.

From the people in Amerika 80% is white and 55% have say that they vote for Obama, but 25% of them will think on the last moment do I do the right thing and will vote for Mc.Cain on the last moment by different reasons, like Church, Color of skin or are afraid for a lot of chancing etc. etc.
Maybe that a person like Oprah have more chance to winn, because everybody knows her, have seen her everyday on tv and know her as a woman who stand for her words.

So maybe in 4 years the battle Oprah and Larry :jester:

w.meijerink
23-10-2008, 18:53
For us, too? Obama already said that Russia and China are his main concern as present potential threat to the USA. The wording may be different, but the meaning is like this. It was said, though, at the beginning of his pre-election compaign; besides, it is election campaign in general, but still, the words are pretty indicative.

Time will show, though I am not so enthusiastic like you are.

Mmmm, and what about Europe, the bigest partner of Amerika :9456:

MELODY
23-10-2008, 18:58

i'm just curious, TT, do you actually know who said this? (without googling it!) i'm asking because about 90% of people i hear use this quote are totally mistaken about its origin; they are actually giving it much more credibility because of where they THINK it comes from.

Gypsy
23-10-2008, 19:00
Hoping, hoping for the nightmare to end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj4qfCNQB6s

MELODY
23-10-2008, 19:00
The same idea I've on this moment the different between them is 10%.

From the people in Amerika 80% is white and 55% have say that they vote for Obama, but 25% of them will think on the last moment do I do the right thing and will vote for Mc.Cain on the last moment by different reasons, like Church, Color of skin or are afraid for a lot of chancing etc. etc.
Maybe that a person like Oprah have more chance to winn, because everybody knows her, have seen her everyday on tv and know her as a woman who stand for her words.

So maybe in 4 years the battle Oprah and Larry :jester:
YUP, i could see it happening. don't laugh--oprah is WAY MORE INFLUENTIAL than hillary! (and she's got more money, too!)

TGP
23-10-2008, 19:01
Mmmm, and what about Europe, the bigest partner of Amerika :9456:

And what about Europe?

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 22:05
i'm just curious, TT, do you actually know who said this? (without googling it!) i'm asking because about 90% of people i hear use this quote are totally mistaken about its origin; they are actually giving it much more credibility because of where they THINK it comes from.Is this quote from Bible ?

Len Ganley Stance
23-10-2008, 23:19
Is this quote from Bible ?

I thought it was Benjamin Franklin.

MELODY
23-10-2008, 23:29
I thought it was Benjamin Franklin.

you are right, sir! it was ben franklin in Poor Richard's Almanac. and gena, here,shows that what i said is true--people always think it's from the Bible (unless they actually read the Bible, usually.)

w.meijerink
24-10-2008, 01:45
And what about Europe?

SLIK.................

Sorry i mean I love the combination America/China/Russia:asskiss: