PDA

View Full Version : English-speaking Jewish Expats

moskvichusa
16-10-2008, 22:49
English-speaking Jewish Expats interested in joining a new broad-based, unaffiliated social, cultural, education and business network which aims to build relationships and develop activities around common interests, holidays and a shared identity are invited to our next get-together on 23rd October. For details call 768-9662.

MickeyTong
17-10-2008, 04:17
That was a very long sentence.

Korotky Gennady
17-10-2008, 21:58
jewish ?

Why only jewish ones !?

It's the expats forum.

ezik
17-10-2008, 22:35
Some people look for people with young kids, others look for business, others look for shooting others with balls made of paint. I welcome diversity in the expat community.

As far as I know, however, the JCC (Детский развивающий центр, курсы иврита, детские студии раннего развития детей – Еврейский культурный центр (http://www.jcc.ru/)) in Moscow already organises a lot of events and they actually have a very nice centre with splendid activities especially for kids. Lots of expats there as well.

jewish ?

Why only jewish ones !?

It's the expats forum.

MissAnnElk
17-10-2008, 23:54
This is only tangentially related, but during the summer, while I was in Ohio, I rode my bike most mornings. To get to the really cool bike path, the shortest route involved cutting through the Columbus JCC.

One morning, as I pedaled across the parking lot, I saw two VERY old women walking. I was thinking to say, "Good morning" or something so as to be social and all, except, as I approach, I hear one say to the other, "Vecherom . . ."

[This is in addition to the Russian liquor store story and the woman in front of me in line at the fancy ice cream shop . . . all Russians.]

Korotky Gennady
18-10-2008, 02:18
I'm sorry but I can't see your point.

privet2009
18-10-2008, 03:36
English-speaking Jewish Expats interested in joining a new broad-based, unaffiliated social, cultural, education and business network

Unaffiliated? You need to be affiliated to join... or am I missing something?

Reverend
18-10-2008, 08:26
Unaffiliated? You need to be affiliated to join... or am I missing something? Meaning not affiliated with the Orthodox group or otherwise. There is the "official" representative of the Jewish community as endorsed by the Kremlin and there is the "unofficial" Rabbi. The idea here, as I understand it, is that this group doesn't want to get involved in the politics of that.

But, really, why do you care?

privet2009
18-10-2008, 22:17
Just curious, Its not yet a crime as far as I know.

Reverend
20-10-2008, 13:13
Just curious, Its not yet a crime as far as I know. Asking questions can get you in big trouble in this city!! (Not about this, but about plenty of other things.)

privet2009
20-10-2008, 19:32
Asking questions can get you in big trouble in this city!! (Not about this, but about plenty of other things.)

heck.. thats exactly what my old boss used to say!
And he's been here fifteen years.... or so
this gives me an idea for a new thread....