PDA

View Full Version : New MacBook G4

Albertina
14-10-2008, 22:58
What do you think about it? Unibody :doh:

Can someone explain in for laymen what is better technically in it?

granmar
15-10-2008, 00:02
What do you think about it? Unibody :doh:

Can someone explain in for laymen what is better technically in it?

If you are referring to the Mac… the track pad is phenomenal and the notebook is the lightest FULLY EQUIPPED device you will find AND it runs MS Windows® XP or Vista natively Better than Dell or HP or Toshiba or others as well as Leopard… Mac's super OS. And it costs less than your equivalent PC laptop.

Need more? Just ask

Bruce

Albertina
15-10-2008, 00:13
Sounds great. Do I need a Pro or just a simple one will be ok?

Torky
15-10-2008, 00:38
Hi Alby.. Long time no see!

:) Surely you mean Macbook Pro. G4's pretty archaic.. stopped with the powerbooks.. was manufactured by motorola. Now everyone's switched to Intel..

The new ones... they're okay. If you're going to be using it for normal purposes, the macbook/macbook air should do fine. otherwise get the macbook pro

I.. am partial to my macbook pro. the version before the new one.. with the silver keyboard. I don't like the new keyboards.. but the trackpad is brilliant. :)

Albertina
15-10-2008, 00:49
Hi Torky! Yeah I mean the one that they announced today, made of one piece of aluminium, etc, etc.
I think I'm gonna get one abroad.

MELODY
15-10-2008, 12:37
If you are referring to the Mac… the track pad is phenomenal and the notebook is the lightest FULLY EQUIPPED device you will find AND it runs MS Windows® XP or Vista natively Better than Dell or HP or Toshiba or others as well as Leopard… Mac's super OS. And it costs less than your equivalent PC laptop.

Need more? Just ask

Bruce

WOW, sign me up! what would you say is a reasonable price?

granmar
15-10-2008, 14:57
Hey Melody,

quote: WOW, sign me up! what would you say is a reasonable price?

What would you say is a reasonable computer? Say what you want and we'll see what's reasonable!

Bruce

tiktokman
15-10-2008, 17:12
er... they are Intel chips, have been since the G4 was replaced in 2006... :groan:

17" MacBook pro yet to be released.