PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch the elections in Moscow?

eleepers
13-10-2008, 16:23
Anyone know of any cafes, restaurants, bars or other venues showing the November elections either in real-time or after the fact?

Carbo
13-10-2008, 16:27
Anyone know of any cafes, restaurants, bars or other venues showing the November elections either in real-time or after the fact?
Yes, I want to know about this as well. I'm well up for meeting witha few expats or whatever, and blowing the froth of a couple as the US map turns blue.

It'll also be interesting to see how muny times Wolf Blitzer says the phrase "the best political team on television". We could even build a drinking game around it.

brucewestb
03-11-2008, 21:56
Yes, I want to know about this as well. I'm well up for meeting witha few expats or whatever, and blowing the froth of a couple as the US map turns blue.

It'll also be interesting to see how muny times Wolf Blitzer says the phrase "the best political team on television". We could even build a drinking game around it.

I too would love to meet together to welcome our new President Obama. If anyone has any clue of some location showing CNN, please let us know, and the first round will be on me.

MissAnnElk
03-11-2008, 22:45
The Starlite down by Octoberskaya is doing it . . .

Management at the Starlite Diner has kindly agreed to welcome Democrats Abroad in Moscow, and our friends and supporters, to watch election night/morning results at the Starlite Diner at Metro Oktyabrskaya:

Starlite Diner Oktyabrskaya
M.Oktyabrskaya
Korovy Val, 9a
959-8919
Starlite Diner (http://www.democratsabroad.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=58949&qid=3200564)

They will have CNN broadcasts following the results, and, of course, good food and a great atmosphere.

They ask you RSVP . . . there's a fellow named Andrew . . . look on the website or PM me for his number.

adamst56
05-11-2008, 18:39
Wallstreet Bar had it on.
I hope you all are pleased with the results. I have wrapped my enthusiasm in apprehension.